Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level

Quotes and Zero Tolerance Banning

if you use the quote function and do not make a semi-intelligent response to the specified quote, you are subject to being banned without warning.

Effective for all posts starting April 6 - Noon ET.

Credit for this new rule goes to: Tekki, Awoir, ½pint, Heian, Genosync

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

TBH I don't see quoting as that big of a problem unless it's like 10+ quotes in a row or quoting someone who posted something very long (ie that search feature thing) repeatedly. People know when they're being retarded and other times people just QTF. But thats just what I think. :wink:

And I'm trying to think of specific instances where I might have pissed you off with it, so I don't do them again. >.>;

edit: (well, besides the obvious giant quote of quotes of links because someone was a moron and didn't look for things well enough)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hate quotes that go on for like 10 pages. It's a simple excuse not to read the thread from begining and actually quote and respond properly.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I hate quotes that go on for like 10 pages. It's a simple excuse not to read the thread from begining and actually quote and respond properly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bye Erza~

Old Merits
    BG Level

I thought it was funny >.>

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why not just change the quote functon to only quote the unquoted parts of the post you are quoting when you press the "Quote" button above the post. It would still show what you're referring to but you don't end up playng the 'Biggest Nested Quote Ever Game'

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Let's see. Make people actually put effort in keeping debate properly going or recode entire board so people can be lazy. Hmm...

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recoding one functon does not mean recoding the entire board.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Bye Erza~
    It's not Noon yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So who decides if the response is "semi-intelligent"? It's a fucking message board not nazi Germany.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    So who decides if the response is "semi-intelligent"? It's a fucking message board not nazi Germany.
    Nice Ninja edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok
    Nice Ninja edit.
    yarly

I saw it too. XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I SAW IT TOO <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyway, the point is these boards have gone to shit. Remember when this was a cool place to read, you could ask reasonably intelligent questions and they would be answered in a reasonably intelligent manner? I do too.

We can sit around and wait for the BG banner to be replaced by an Allakazham banner, or the administrators can do something. Someone who necro bumps a 5 month old thread with a response like "Wow that sucks" should be slapped around. Sometimes there needs to be a "bad guy" for things to run smoothly. There is a difference between people who make articulate and useful posts who sometimes post funny and/or stupid things for fun and those who simply troll, attention whore, flame bait, or generally act like a moronic troglodyte.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sometimes there needs to be a "bad guy" for things to run smoothly.
    Tried that once. Came back back and bit me in the ass.

There are times when quoting something without making a response to it is usually called for in a thread, like when someone asks a question that was answered earlier in the thread.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyway, the point is these boards have gone to shit. Remember when this was a cool place to read, you could ask reasonably intelligent questions and they would be answered in a reasonably intelligent manner? I do too.

We can sit around and wait for the BG banner to be replaced by an Allakazham banner, or the administrators can do something. Someone who necro bumps a 5 month old thread with a response like "Wow that sucks" should be slapped around. Sometimes there needs to be a "bad guy" for things to run smoothly. There is a difference between people who make articulate and useful posts who sometimes post funny and/or stupid things for fun and those who simply troll, attention whore, flame bait, or generally act like a moronic troglodyte.
    simply put, make xavier a full admin again and this place will not be the piece of shit that it has come to be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast