Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Regarding the additions for PLD in next update

So Square Enix is planning to make the Paladin a better tank, or almost equaly as strong as the Ninja, I think this comes to a conclusion where in most cases PLDs can't tank a specific Notorious Monster, new jobtraits will make the PLD able to tank those specific NMs. So there is 2 tank jobs in the game right now. NIN is a tank, and is used and most preferred to blink tank alot of NMs in the game. Paladin is also a tank job, but it is prohibited from tanking some NMs that only NINs can tank right now, due to the principles of not getting hit and loosing hp. Do you think in the next update, PLDs will be equal to what the ninja can tank in all respects ? or will there always be a different strategy for them?

the problem with paladin is that no one knows how to play the job at a higher level.

also there exists the problems of idiots leveling it thinking they're some big massive shield and will save everyone in their pt, then fails to realize that they have to use their MP to do it, and equip themselves properly.

there's not a design flaw with PLD. it's always a flaw of the PLD himself, or the people supporting him/her.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    the problem with paladin is that no one knows how to play the job at a higher level.

also there exists the problems of idiots leveling it thinking they're some big massive shield and will save everyone in their pt, then fails to realize that they have to use their MP to do it, and equip themselves properly.

there's not a design flaw with PLD.
    Thank god... seriously I see so many PLD with like 150 MP and they go all out HP equip... fucking retards. That and all they do is try to cure themselves only... usually landing their Cure IV for less than max because they have a WHM curing them. Hell some PLD just use their MP for Flash only. Those are the truely pathetic ones. Wonder if some of them know that they get hate for curing other party members who ate aoe dmg lol... It is no wonder that the PLD I permad with from 32 to 63 is by far the best PLD I have ever played with. He could actually play the damn job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus

there's not a design flaw with PLD.
    Thank god... seriously I see so many PLD with like 150 MP and they go all out HP equip... fucking retards. That and all they do is try to cure themselves only... usually landing their Cure IV for less than max because they have a WHM curing them. Hell some PLD just use their MP for Flash only. Those are the truely pathetic ones. Wonder if some of them know that they get hate for curing other party members who ate aoe dmg lol... It is no wonder that the PLD I permad with from 32 to 63 is by far the best PLD I have ever played with. He could actually play the damn job.
    Time to disect that.

A. All you need as a PLD in XP PT is ~160 max MP. That's enough for a Cure IV, Cure III, and Flash every fight. That's good for hate there. So as a galka, I can get away with 120 max mp as long as I have Refresh.

B. White Mages that don't learn how to adapt to how a good Paladin cures for hate should be shot in the face, and burned at the stake. It's not that hard.

C. Sometimes (pending on the ability of mage support) it's better for the PLD to conserve his MP for himself and let the mages worry about other party members. Again, situational.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I can agree that for some NMs PLD should not be used, they are more than capable of tanking anything in this game.

When I play PLD, the main thing that always raises concern for me is not getting Refresh.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

C. Sometimes (pending on the ability of mage support) it's better for the PLD to conserve his MP for himself and let the mages worry about other party members. Again, situational.
    Curing others is nice enmity boost tho... but like you said, situational.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah I was talking about more than just xp pts. I do not xp with PLDs at all anymore lol. Hell my LS has been tanking almost everything with WAR/NIN... we did KS99 Chvelnik with WAR/NIN straight up tanking and won in 6 mins lol.... tanked Jorm with WAR/NIN also.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PLD/NIN in xp pts are cool.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

one of the problems is that for a ninja tank, all they really need is haste and possibly songs and they are good to go-- all whms need to do is cure if they get hit.

paladin requires a lot more to excel, but a skilled pld with a rdm and brd and good blink rotation is just as good or better than a ninja imo. it all comes down to your backline.

Ehhh, nowadays I'd say if anything PLD/NIN can tank anything, and is much more versatile then NIN/WAR is, (HAY Ethereal Earring) has more HP for BCs like Bahamut v.2, has the ability to Invincible on mobs like Jorm in that BC, Cover, all sorts of things.

What does Ninja have over a PLD/NIN. One more shadow, some more evasion? Pointless for most HNMs as a PLD will probably evade more /w Flash then a NIN will on a high lvl HNM /w -physical damage build and no Mambo spells.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why the fuck does SE have to baby PLD.. if they cant play pld they should lvl ninja and suck at that then just quit the game!

PLD not as good as NIN boo hoo, Both nin and pld have their good and bad points i was a pretty pimp nin lvling up and i couldn't keep hate better than a good pld in just his af and vit rings...

If SE wants to make pld as good as nin give us all their abilitys and they can have our shadows, that way will be the same fucking job...

If i was to lvl pld i would do what they do best i would probally never lose hate in any normal situation. With nin i hardly took dmg in any situation and that's whats good about nin just like pld has hate control.

Now that SE has finally accepted the fact that nin is a tank can they stop trying to nerf our emnity and give us some good hate keeping abilitys...

Don't think i had a huge problem keeping hate either i hardly lost hate, i used dmg and spam voke to keep hate as well as ninjutsu at the start of fights, which was great and i didn't have many if any problems till 60+ and my ninjutsu was almost worthless for hate and i had nothing but 3-4 rng(pre- nerf) pt's now 4 slug shots pop of in my face from rngs 2 lvls higher than me fighting a mob i shouldn't be for 3 more lvls and well hate is a big problem..

Auto refresh is all pld needs and now their getting it..

I fucking love PLDs who make good use of their MP... there's not much in the game more comforting than my PLD landing Cure IV on me when Nid is trying to swallow me whole and I'm at 15HP :D

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I think if they gave paladins emnity + merits in thier little block of merits instead of the generic emnity +/- merit section, it would be better, I want to level a tank job, but I also want to be a white mage, that means I cant do merits in emnity + or - because Id be settling myself into one role and not the ability to have multiple
    warriors with + emnity are scary when you try to get hate off them

PLD doesn't need auto-refresh.

PLD needs to get rid of the 90% of idiots that try to play the job.

All they're doing is altering the way its played so that people use it more, since people can't figure out how to use it properly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Ehhh, nowadays I'd say if anything PLD/NIN can tank anything, and is much more versatile then NIN/WAR is, (HAY Ethereal Earring) has more HP for BCs like Bahamut v.2, has the ability to Invincible on mobs like Jorm in that BC, Cover, all sorts of things.

What does Ninja have over a PLD/NIN. One more shadow, some more evasion? Pointless for most HNMs as a PLD will probably evade more /w Flash then a NIN will on a high lvl HNM /w -physical damage build and no Mambo spells.
    My BST has more HP than my NIN for all the HP arguements.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Why the fuck does SE have to baby PLD.. if they cant play pld they should lvl ninja and suck at that then just quit the game!
    Because PLD is a tank job, NIN isn't or at least wasn't designed to be one.

PLD not as good as NIN boo hoo, Both nin and pld have their good and bad points i was a pretty pimp nin lvling up and i couldn't keep hate better than a good pld in just his af and vit rings...
    You just suck and need THF to do your job for you.

If SE wants to make pld as good as nin give us all their abilitys and they can have our shadows, that way will be the same fucking job...
    That would make PLD a NIN and NIN a PLD... stupidity at it's best.

If i was to lvl pld i would do what they do best i would probally never lose hate in any normal situation. With nin i hardly took dmg in any situation and that's whats good about nin just like pld has hate control.
    Do that and than maybe you can post about the job's intricacies.

Now that SE has finally accepted the fact that nin is a tank can they stop trying to nerf our emnity and give us some good hate keeping abilitys...
    Ask your local THF~

Don't think i had a huge problem keeping hate either i hardly lost hate, i used dmg and spam voke to keep hate as well as ninjutsu at the start of fights, which was great and i didn't have many if any problems till 60+ and my ninjutsu was almost worthless for hate and i had nothing but 3-4 rng(pre- nerf) pt's now 4 slug shots pop of in my face from rngs 2 lvls higher than me fighting a mob i shouldn't be for 3 more lvls and well hate is a big problem...
    I bet that took you one whole breath to type out. Stop. Think. Post.

Auto refresh is all pld needs and now their getting it...
    Yes and I say about time. For a job that's heavily dependant on MP to hold hate, this was no brainer.

So in conclusion. Stop posting this shit from NIN's perspective.

All they're doing is altering the way its played so that people use it more, since people can't figure out how to use it properly now.
    Like those people are going to figure it out after they get auto-refresh, if they haven't figured it out now, with refresh coming from somewhere else.
    If you're so desperate for a refresh, drink a yaguo drink...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Amen, BUT... to those who do know how to play it, it's definatly nice plus. ^^;

I'm looking forward to Shield "adjustment" more than Auto-refresh honestly.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

PLD doesn't need auto-refresh.

QFT

I get no respect at all because people like to single out the job, and not the idiots that play the job.

People are reluctant to invite me to merit on PLD, then when they do they find out how incredibly wrong they are. WAR cannon? Sure, I'll get out my DD gear and adapt. MNK cannon? Great, let me get out my staff and bust some ass. Oh yeah, I can tank too.

Seeing a PLD/NIN do more dmg/swing than a WAR/NIN on Aura Statues is funny and it builds alot of confidence too.

They don't need to fix PLD, people need to learn how to play PLD correctly. I'm looking forward to the "fix" just so I can see if a bandwagon starts so I get to laugh at all of the horrible PLD (not like there aren't any now) speed exping their way to 75.

I'm looking forward to Shield "adjustment" more than Auto-refresh honestly.
    Me too. With capped shield I can't wait to see what they'll do.

now that this turned pld vs nin.... i think pld fine the way it is,auto-refesh will make it easier, without breaking the game

nin should feel more ninja-y to me.....like stabbing ppl in the back from the shadows or somthing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast