Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Question on switching nations

Was wondering what happens to your CP points when you do. I never switched before and now I kinda want to try other story lines but I have a significant amount of CP. So if anyone knows, would be great. Thank you

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You have 0 CP for the new nation. When you switch back to your old nation, you have all your old CP back.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try alla or KI... those questions are not the purpose of these forums.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Awoir
    You have 0 CP for the new nation. When you switch back to your old nation, you have all your old CP back.
    When you switch back to your old nation, do you get all of your OP warps back, too?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    When you switch back to your old nation, do you get all of your OP warps back, too?
    No

Old Merits
    BG Level

You lose your outpost warps

Unfortunately you do not get your old OPs back that you had originally from your prior nation, once you switch nations, you loose all OPs, only CP is kept and you would have access to them (CP) when you go back. Its gay, SE sucks for it, but I guess the devs thought it smart for people to have to redo OPs each and every fucking time you switch nations "new" or "old" (old as in previous).

Re: Question on switching nations

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden
    Was wondering what happens to your CP points when you do. I never switched before and now I kinda want to try other story lines but I have a significant amount of CP. So if anyone knows, would be great. Thank you
    God I hate you Suikoden.

You used to lose all your CP; the change that let you keep your CP when you switch back was made about the same time that OP warps were implemented.

I don't think it's a case of SE saying "thou shalt lose thine OP warps", but rather the person/people doing the CP retention didn't co-ordinate with the person/people doing OP warps, and nobody has looked into it since.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    I don't think it's a case of SE saying "thou shalt lose thine OP warps", but rather the person/people doing the CP retention didn't co-ordinate with the person/people doing OP warps, and nobody has looked into it since.
    I seem to recall someone asking about this at the last meeting and they said that if enough people send requests to their recycle bin via POL they'll change it so if you switch back nations the outposts you'd previously earned remained.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I do really wish they would change the OP thing, I will never switch nations because of losing those, it would kill me.

And I absolutely love how everyone ignored Maxx.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir
    God I hate you Suikoden.
    But it was such an awesome RPG series.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    I do really wish they would change the OP thing, I will never switch nations because of losing those, it would kill me.
    Oh, and thats the exact reason I'll never change nations. Espcially because Bastok has taken over Ronfaure and Sarubaruta, and use those outposts all the time. I don't see people getting motivated to take those outposts again any time soon.

It's kinda stupid for SE to make it like that...especially when they want everyone to experience all FFXI has to offer before they get bored with stuff. Kinda hard to experience all it has to offer when you get penalized for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Quote Originally Posted by MikedeeFenrir
    God I hate you Suikoden.
    But it was such an awesome RPG series.
    No, lol, I know him in game, but I hate him still ):

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Love you too, Mike

Thank you for all the replies, guys.