BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Working Limbus Walkthrough..?

Before the elitists come in and debate the validity of this and whether or not the question is deserving of a flame, a card, or a dickhead reply about the search function, I searched already. And checking all the threads that I could of the original 208 and still maintaining sanity, all I found were a bunch of dead links and shitty incorrect info. Does anyone have or know a currently working, up-to-date, preferably pretty, limbus site?

Thanks in advance if someone is helpful tonight. ('.')

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Relic Horn
    BG Level

http://dona.dip.jp/index.html

Click on the names to get to maps like:

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~ffxi/ff_ap_sw_00.jpg

Click on the very bottom to get to page 2

Great links btw... And on topic - I've been told certain job combinations can solo/duo etc. certain Limbus areas. Heard that NIN or THF can solo SE, but I'm wondering if there are any that are BLM soloable...

Obviously NW is a big no-no, and I never tried sleeping/debuffing stuff in Limbus (when I had the opportunity to go). It generally seemed to be TP Spam and nuke the hell out of crap to keep things flowing and keep your time up. This is regarding Apollyon, as I've only ever done Temenos once and I think that was the Eastern Tower.

Any feedback is appreciated.

With regard to BLM solo/duo, there are a couple of decent threads in the BLM section on KI.

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=112692

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=98809

There's the usual random KI blah blah, but you should be able to pick out some useful info.

The 3 kings Limbus (NW) is great for BLM solo/duo. I have not done it myself because I have been in a perma group since it started, but a couple of my linkshell mates have done it with great success.

You can get all the way to the behemoths and kill at least 2 before time runs out (if you are good). Obviously avoid the turtle, faffy, and KB (if you go in as duo, it MIGHT be possible since KB really just kite kite kite).

Wyverns and Bugards take about 5 nukes (tier 4) each, Behemoths a little less (I think) but you need to use tier 3 even with bind and gravity because they catch up so fast. I believe sleep is pretty useless but not 100% sure, just mostly using Bind and gravity.

Wish I could link you to the threads on my LS site but it's in the private section.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Use the FFXIclopedia pages as I've put quite a bit of effort tweaking the information for the few I do often (NE and NW Apollyon, W Temenos) and the overall they're all pretty reliable.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Use the FFXIclopedia pages as I've put quite a bit of effort tweaking the information for the few I do often (NE and NW Apollyon, W Temenos) and the overall they're all pretty reliable.
    Wow, I didn't know it was you, very nice work

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Wow, I didn't know it was you, very nice work
    I didn't do it all, Valyana on Ramuh did most of it but I tidied up and added a lot of information to them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yes, I liked the FFXIclopedia page the best; good work and thanks. I was mostly looking for meticulous, accurate information, such as killing the elementals of the day in SW Apollyon to pop the chest. I think only Mtour even tries to bring this up compared to all the other sites that say nothing, or kill all that elementals - it was like not just a standard walkthrough, but something with the information to do everything with maximum effeciency. Thanks again.

The nice thing about FFCyclopedia is that, for the pages which have been given attention, they have really detailed, accurate info. See, for example, all the info on Lumorian mobs. Even the range of the AoE attacks is given.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The nice thing about FFCyclopedia is that, for the pages which have been given attention, they have really detailed, accurate info. See, for example, all the info on Lumorian mobs. Even the range of the AoE attacks is given.
    Thus the awesomeness of wikis. Basically, I suggest everybody contribute what you can, it can EASILY become the best site on the web if you try to make it good

Demosthenes11

Just a little tip for people trying to solo/duo in NW apollyon, the behemoths either are glitchy as hell, or link. I'm pretty sure the KI guide say they dont link, which I just found out the hard way isnt true lol

Grav'd and ran back, when I got back, another kron+KB was with it lol

Holy necro, and yes almost everything in limbus links. Even undead and crabs.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The Behemoths link absolutely 100% for certain. Whether Kaiser links to the Kronzprinze's though, I didn't ever wish to find out. I've cleared NE and NW so many times with just six people, have both of them down to a science. Kaiser Behemoth is pretty damn easy for two skilled Black Mages to duo.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Behemoths link absolutely 100% for certain. Whether Kaiser links to the Kronzprinze's though, I didn't ever wish to find out. I've cleared NE and NW so many times with just six people, have both of them down to a science. Kaiser Behemoth is pretty damn easy for two skilled Black Mages to duo.
    Kaiser links <.< Found that out on one of my first times going thru Limbus right when it came out

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lolnecro

Cynoprosopi (faffy in NQ) is pretty weird, i've seen him link with wyverns before but on other runs he wouldnt. On my latest run we pulled the 2 wyverns by the portal and he came within inches of people and didnt aggro, then we set up camp by the box in the middle after they died he aggroed from about 15 feet away, which makes me believe that maybe he links while wyverns are alive but only aggros when they're all dead....anyone have other experience with this?

Demosthenes11

A few questions:
    I do this every 3-4 days with blm, blm, rdm, and we basically just try and get to the top 2 floors as fast as we can. We usually end up with around 30 coins (high being 36), but I am curious to see if we can do better.

Is it possible for this group to do faffy boss? We completely clear that floor, so would it be possible to be able to take him without having to worry bout aggro? How strong are his resists to sleeps, nukes, and grav (or should we not even attempt kiting, even though I hear his flail rate is really low)?

Also russta, what would be your strat for Kaiser with this group? We had 3 minutes at the end of our run today and we did some tests, and with full mp, we got him down to about 80%...seems like more trouble than he is worth, especially because sometimes it's tough to tell which blm has hate for meteor

Danke (And shut up about necro bumping lol, you would all complain if I made a new thread)

Demos I could kiss you, but I won't haha. This is exactly what my group is wondering. We have been doing NW as blm, blm, rdm and killed kaiser without a problem. The last time I went it was only me and the other blm (rdm was graduating) and we still killed kaiser with ease.

I really want to know how possible it would be to take on the adamantoise/faffy bosses with this small group alone. If it is possible, I would like to try it. I am always up for a challenge.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    Cynoprosopi (faffy in NQ) is pretty weird, i've seen him link with wyverns before but on other runs he wouldnt. On my latest run we pulled the 2 wyverns by the portal and he came within inches of people and didnt aggro, then we set up camp by the box in the middle after they died he aggroed from about 15 feet away, which makes me believe that maybe he links while wyverns are alive but only aggros when they're all dead....anyone have other experience with this?
    I've seen this as well before, but never bothered to actually test anything out pertaining to it, since once I'm at that floor I don't want to waste our run anymore.

I'm not sure exactly since it's been a long time since it happened, but I remember Cynoprosopi being insanely easy to kite. It was actually in the run I mentioned in my post above when we linked Kaiser, within the first week or so that Limbus had been out. Our group couldn't handle Cynoprosopi well with our setup so we just proceeded to kite him around. I don't think we even put grav on him and once we started kiting I don't think he ever hit me, and since he apparently has no TP regen kiting it really quiet simple.

Of course, this was months and months ago, so my brain is really fuzzy on all the details of it.