+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

For all those Nintendo Revolution Haters.

Granted, there aren't many of you there.

Here are some first ss of a revolution game...

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/04/07/red-s ... -revealed/

A first person shooter...and a system that's going to be considerably less cost than the other two. Woo! Games will look amazing for a non 400-700 dollar system.

Xavier

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

I lol'ed at the caption that pretty much said the "ingame gun will tilt based on how you are holding the controller, allowing you to be as ganster as you want."

Its hard to tell how 'pretty' the game looks from the SS, but I've been saying it all along, games are graphically reaching a peak. I don't need a system thats 500 times more powerful than the PS2 that costs $600 when I don't even really care if graphics get better looking than MGS3.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Its not that suprising to me that a Rev game can look that sexy... I also think that Rev games will stay up to par graphically with games designed to be both PS3 and 360 (though not each's exclusives.) The power is in the dev's hands, I hope they use it.

And as for the game... Damn it looks cool. Can't wait to read the article on it myself.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

My room is kinda small i can't use eyetoy etc so i hope i can still use it ok :/

Well my girlfriend keeps asking me to move in with her , just for nintendo rev hmmm im not sure :/

Looking good. Hopefully it won't be a pointless shooting game (yes, shooting games need good stories too).

I wanna get the Link Sword and make my living room furniture-less.

But the shooting game looks fun too. Are those the actual graphics or an artist's rendering?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avvesione
    I wanna get the Link Sword and make my living room furniture-less.

But the shooting game looks fun too. Are those the actual graphics or an artist's rendering?
    Link Sword? Holy shit links please

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It was a fan mock up.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    It was a fan mock up.
    The link sword attachment, not the game linked above.

Revolution might actually be worth buying...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Small detail: There will be a katana in the game that needs to be used regular. You can use it to block as well, just by moving the controller.
    Also, grenades in the game sound great. The way you throw them depends on how you move the controller. You can even roll them over the floor if you want

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guys, this game is just nothing compared to Bob Ross Painting.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Off topic, Anyway what is that in your sig?

Samuel L Jackson hitting someone with a SNAKE

prolly not hitting him but it looks like it so idc

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Samuel L Jackson hitting someone with a SNAKE

prolly not hitting him but it looks like it so idc
    we got motha fuckin snakes!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I just realized, Revolution games would be probably impossible to emulate onto other devices, simply because of the controller, possibly another thought while they were designing it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I just realized, Revolution games would be probably impossible to emulate onto other devices, simply because of the controller, possibly another thought while they were designing it.

I assume not every game will use the functionality of the controler. Some will probably just go for the normal stuff. Same happened with DS where a lot of game use the touch screen, but some ignore it

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    In the year 2015, every electronic device will come standard with a motion-sensor controller.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://www.planetgamecube.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=11272

In an interview in the May issue of Game Informer (yes, the same one with the Red Steel exclusive), George Harrison talks about the Revolution in greater detail than ever before. Harrison is Senior Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Communications at Nintendo of America.

Harrison admits that the Revolution is targeted at the Japanese market first and foremost, where the video game industry has been in a steady decline for years (at least until the booming success of the Nintendo DS). However, the company is aiming to launch the Revolution worldwide in 2006. He also reiterates that the system will cost less than Xbox 360, similar to comments from Reggie Fils-Aime last year. As for software prices, he says the standard game price will be $50, though some games could cost $60. (It is not clear whether this statement would apply to all Revolution software or only Nintendo's own games.)

Harrison admits that Nintendo has learned many lessons from the success of the PlayStation 2. They now understand that the system with the greatest variety of software does not need technical superiority. They have also learned that it's important to keep software flowing throughout the first year on the market, as opposed to what happened with GameCube and DS (big launches and then several months with few or no games released). The marketing challenges for Revolution are similar to the challenges Nintendo faced when marketing the Virtual Boy in the 90s.

Finally, Harrison predicts that the Revolution could launch later this year with as many as twenty launch titles, although Nintendo is still not sure which third-party games will be ready for that timeframe. Of that number, he says one-third (six to seven titles) could be from Nintendo itself. This would easily be the largest number of Nintendo-published launch titles in the history of Nintendo's hardware releases.

For the full interview, be sure to pick up the May issue of Game Informer magazine.
    Hot damn.

not a revolutionary hater here just a Nintendo fanboy/fangirl hater. Personally, I prefer FPS for the computer, but who knows. with the Revolutionary controller might have more fun if it's well done though. Then again.. never was a huge fan of the controller. Seemed it'd be uncomfortable for my wrist :\