+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Final Fantasy VII for Playstation 3. Rumor or Reality?

Recently when browsing through various articles on Final Fantasy VII I came upon one mentioning that Game Informer magazine gave word that in their next publication they will mention Final Fantasy VII and the possibility of it being released on the PlayStation 3, expected to release sometime soon, we hope. Another interesting message caught my eye...
    http://www.ffantasy.com/2006/04/11/fina ... r-reality/

Pretty interesting I thought. I guess we will see when GameInformer comes out with more word on this so called article in their upcoming magazine publication.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rumor, though Nomura said he wanted to make it, he has too much to do.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well it has been in the rumor mill for quite some time, until recently I read that it would be mentioned in GameInformer, which is a pretty valid source for truthful information. I think...

it's a rumor because they remade the opening video for a PS3 demo, I really doubt they are going to remake the whole game, even though it would be amazing

i hope they dont, only because i know ill have a heart attack from the excitement. i wouldnt even get out of midgar.

E. Body
    BG Level

I think it was Nomura who said that if they were to remake FFVII on the PS3, it would take them 5 years with 300 men on the project, lol. I hope that isnt the case because I really want to play it in next-gen quality graphics, complete with voice acting and remastered soundtrack.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I think it was Nomura who said that if they were to remake FFVII on the PS3, it would take them 5 years with 300 men on the project, lol. I hope that isnt the case because I really want to play it in next-gen quality graphics, complete with voice acting and remastered soundtrack.
    My question is would you rather play FFVII remade or a whole new game?
    FFVII already is there and its already a good game, I'd prefer a new game.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Wow that long.. well wonder how long they would take to make a totally original game.. and not base it off a old ass game. Would think making something completely new would require more time lol. SE is so full of shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Wow that long.. well wonder how long they would take to make a totally original game.. and not base it off a old ass game. Would think making something completely new would require more time lol. SE is so full of shit.
    Actually, high production value current gen games take an average 100 people and 2 years. That estimate he gave is very high but still, it demonstrates how silly things are getting with the next gen making it so hard to make games. Well at least Nintendo is making it easy on developers and inspiring at the same time.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

I'd buy FF7, FF8, or FF9 (if they had sexh graphics) for the PS3 just to replay them =O

I'd rather play a new game.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    You all would, but if they released it for PS3 there isn't one of you here that wouldn't buy it and play it through again.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    You all would, but if they released it for PS3 there isn't one of you here that wouldn't buy it and play it through again.
    Well, thats certainly true, but in my case, I haven't played FF7* (atleast not past the first disc) so I'd rather play it with voice acting and sex-like graphics than the 10 year old jagged PSone version. I'd also love a remake of XenoGears but I know that is out of the question with Monolith working for Namco

*dont shoot me lol

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Kinda like how FFX was released in 2001, and FFXII (the next real Final Fantasy game thats not a spinoff, not online) is being released in 2006? Really? 5 years is bullshit? K.

Developing a game of FF7's length and depth on the PS3 would be massive. You'd be starting over, with only the base game as inspiration for the remake. And this isn't a remake, its a total conversion. Remakes are taking FFVI and putting it on the PS and the only thing you add are load times (lol). People want a completely overhauled graphics engine, a redone translation, along with full voice acting. Its costly, and takes time. Its a brand new game with the story and character development/major plot elements already done for you, not a premade game that you slap on a DVD and call the "director's cut."

FFVII already is there and its already a good game, I'd prefer a new game
    Your new game is FFX-2, FFXI.

I'd rather play a game that isn't shit, just me though. Squares track record the past 10 years has been increadibly good game, increadibly crappy game, pretty good game, really crappy game, increadibly good game, repeat. Quality over the possibility of shit is fine w/ me.

Remaking it on the PS3 would pretty much mean the game would last forever. It really looks horrible on the PS now, so outdated etc, but graphics aren't going to get THAT much better anymore. They could pretty much make a timeless version now that would stand for quite a long time as playable.

Xenogears would be a better remake, with a real second disc...I'd pretty much sell my soul to the devil for it. But it'll never happen. They aren't going to invest millions on a game that didn't make THAT much money.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What I would love is if they made more RPGs to the tune of 4/5/6, if they made something like that on the PS3 I would spend the massive amount of money to get that alone. I think those games were awesome and anything since has been on a downhill spiral with square's RPGs.

And on a side note, anyone played Grandia III? The Grandia series is complete sex, especially the battle system, but I haven't gone out to get this one yet.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

remember that rumor about a Tifa sex scene?

Well they should implement that in the new one :D

oh and being able to Raise aeRis

Quote Originally Posted by Kross
    oh and being able to Raise aeRis
    Being able to raise Aeris would completely negate the significance of her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    PS3 new game but in the FF7 world. And hopefully they stick to FF7 style and don't fucking change everything around. If they did make it and fucked up, thats where they probably would. But I really thing they should remaster/make FF7 while making FF7-2 or what not. I'm sure they wouldent regret it.

but hell... we dont even have english AC yet..

Ankiseth : Yeah just finished up Grandia III over the weekend. Not a bad game really, story line can be kinda "meh" at times. But the battle system is great. Now to finish up KH2 before FFXII hits us I played all of.... 2hrs of FFX-2 and its now in a box somewhere....

Old Merits
    BG Level

I heard somewhere that SE doesn't want to remake games for a system that can already play the original, and since PS3 should be able to play all PS and PS2 games... FF7 probably won't be remade.