Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Make the moblins IT++ at 75 and you'd see hordes of people there =/
    Fuck no. Have you seen what bomb drops from hobgoblin anglers can do at 90%+ hp in bibiki bay?
    But it would make a new place to merit when everything else is packed.

I would love to get my hands on Movalpolis Water for cooking, but damn I hate that place.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Moblins don't drop bombs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    Moblins don't drop bombs.
    They do have the cone torch move, and plenty of people don't seem to understand that you need to point moves like that away from your back line...

Edit- The move is called "Crispy Candle", in case you're wondering.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Arn't the ones near Mineshaft#4368126418 VT to IT?

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Anyone know if there is any recipes that use mov. water besides

* Baking Soda - Alchemy (22)
    * Fish & Chips - Cooking (74)
    * Hermes Quencher - Alchemy (93)
    * Hyper Ether - Alchemy (79)
    * Hyper Potion - Alchemy (68)

Goblin drink :O Maybe hehe

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Odon~
    Anyone know if there is any recipes that use mov. water besides

* Baking Soda - Alchemy (22)
    * Hermes Quencher - Alchemy (93)
    * Hyper Ether - Alchemy (79)
    * Hyper Potion - Alchemy (68)
    Baking soda is the one I care about. I make Marron Glace for myself, Squirrel's Delight would make me giddy.

BG Level

Gimmie some ideas for the gob drink and I'll have a chef test synths with the waters I bought.

This is quickly turning into part 2 of that 19 page parade gorget thread lol. Not that I wasn't expecting that. Odon when did Movapolos get taken over by a city and by who?

BG Level

I dunno, it wasn't last week or this week, three stacks just appeared out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuer
    S-E actually did try to make this slightly easier. Talk to the Moblin Bartabaq -- like a standard Outpost Merchant, he will take items. Unlike standard Outpost Mechants, there's only a chance that the items you trade him will be converted into Conquest Points for your nation. But it should help a tad, at least.

I'm pretty sure that the deaths from fights like ENMs do count against the region, even though the people involved don't lose xp. So, it's a fairly hopeless case in that region, given how little real xp there is gained vs the people going in and doing ENM/BC fights every week.
    I don't understand your distinction. No armor trade-ins earn you CP, do they? I thought they only give your nation regional influence. Or is movalpolos trade-ins a special case where you earn CP for trading?

Anyway, Bartabaq is only present in the zone when beastmen do not control the zone. This only happens 1) if a nation controls the zone or 2) the conquest tally is being calculated (because nobody owns the zone during tally). Furthermore, he only offers to sell you items if your nation controls the zone, so even if you do talk to him during tally, which is about the only time he is ever present, he tells you that your nation is weak and refuses to sell you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    S-E actually did try to make this slightly easier. Talk to the Moblin Bartabaq -- like a standard Outpost Merchant, he will take items. Unlike standard Outpost Mechants, there's only a chance that the items you trade him will be converted into Conquest Points for your nation. But it should help a tad, at least.

I'm pretty sure that the deaths from fights like ENMs do count against the region, even though the people involved don't lose xp. So, it's a fairly hopeless case in that region, given how little real xp there is gained vs the people going in and doing ENM/BC fights every week.
    I don't understand your distinction. No armor trade-ins earn you CP, do they? I thought they only give your nation regional influence. Or is movalpolos trade-ins a special case where you earn CP for trading?

Anyway, Bartabaq is only present in the zone when beastmen do not control the zone. This only happens 1) if a nation controls the zone or 2) the conquest tally is being calculated (because nobody owns the zone during tally). Furthermore, he only offers to sell you items if your nation controls the zone, so even if you do talk to him during tally, which is about the only time he is ever present, he tells you that your nation is weak and refuses to sell you anything.
    I'm pretty sure he meant to say Region Points.

That doesn't clarify the distinction though; you can trade armor to outpost merchants in any zone for region points, as long as those outpost merchants exist.

And the condition for them to exist is the region not under beastmen control, which for a zone like Ronfaure is always true, whereas for Movalpolis is only true during the tally.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Mattthemaster
    This is quickly turning into part 2 of that 19 page parade gorget thread lol. Not that I wasn't expecting that. Odon when did Movapolos get taken over by a city and by who?
    Hasn't it been said that during the conquest tally on sunday mornings it can be purchased from the NPC?

BG Level

I thought he just tells you to gtfo because your country doesn't have enough pull in the region?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    That doesn't clarify the distinction though; you can trade armor to outpost merchants in any zone for region points, as long as those outpost merchants exist.

And the condition for them to exist is the region not under beastmen control, which for a zone like Ronfaure is always true, whereas for Movalpolis is only true during the tally.
    I think the difference is that trading to this moblin only occasionally gives you region points where a normal guard always gives points.

in other words lol timesink

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why does that not surprise me?

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    Arn't the ones near Mineshaft#4368126418 VT to IT?
    yep, but they're in 5 mob parties. aga3 manaburn ftw...?

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattthemaster
    Hasn't it been said that during the conquest tally on sunday mornings it can be purchased from the NPC?
    No, I said it cannot be purchased during tally. I've checked both bartabaq and the city vendors.

I have taken many melee burn parties to newton movolpalos for exp at 75. Seriously, no joke.

If you trade the goblin npc the 2k to warp up to mine shaft #2716 or whatever, you simply backtrack out from your warp point back into Newton Movolpalos, rather than running up to the Mine Shaft#2716 gate.

Then you are; voila, at a lovely exp spot for melee burns. By lovely I mean its not comparable to a monk party in KRT, or a weapon party in sky... but its always open and no competition... the Moblins are tough --> Very Tough.

I have gotten chain#29 there for reasonable and quite fun exp. MNK/NIN really do well in a Newton exp burn, along with ninjas and Wars obviously.

Its a drag to get to starting camp though if you have recently done the ENM there, as you wont be able to warp up. You have to trek thru both oldton and Newton and hit the switches for the gate, or get a tractor up by someone with a warp option to the BC.

Its a very viable exp option, and a nice change from sea, sky, or lufaise.
    Before you bash it, give it a shot :D