Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HNMLS Blues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

HNMLS Blues

Hello everyone ^^ This is my first post, here at BG. I heard alot about this LS, read these forums alot, and highly look up to this Linkshell. Well, I happen to own an HNM LS. Last night, we claimed Serket(Third night in a row, we scared RMT off), and got a Serket Ring(We got another the day before), and a Venomous Claw(Which is being synthed together by a LS member, into a SH, with a good chance of HQ). So far, we started HNMs on Sunday, and heres our record:
    Drop/Kill/Claim/Attempt
    King Arthro: 0/0/0/2
    Xolotl: 0/0/0/1
    Simurgh: 0/1/1/1
    Roc: 0/1/1/1
    Serket: 3/2/3/3
    ----------------------------------------
    So far, I think we're doing good. We're still practicing for Land Gods, and trying to gear our PLDs up.

Well, the Linkshell is going well, but last night, a problem was brought up.
    Our Merit system. Currently, we have 3 systems, and, we can't decide which to use. First off, merits are given out like this:
    50-Speculating
    100-Attending
    200-Claiming
    250-ToD
    ----------------
    Heres out first plan:
    We have a Linshell Bank. All drops are stored in here, and can be bought through our site. Each item is priced at a price, according to AH price. IE: Serket Ring=8 Million AH price, so we made it 4000 Merit points. People who want to USE the item have priority over people who plan to SELL it.
    We are having people say, it takes too long to get these.
    ----------------
    Second Plan:
    The second plan is this: Auctioning items with merits.
    The highest bidder, gets the item. Everyone seems to favor this idea, but when we attempted to do this, it got VERY bad. It seems corrupt, but its hard to explain how. Once an item drops, we just auction it off, to the highest bidder.
    ----------------
    Finally(This plan really doesn't work =/)
    Simple. We just sell all drops. Sell/split with all those who attended.
    This is bad, because of people who physically want the drops.
    -------------------------------
    Which plan do you guys think is best? Or better yet, do you have any suggestions for a better Merit system? What about some changes to the old systems? Sorry to bother you guys, it's pretty tough to do these choices alone >.< So I need professional help ^^

Thanks~Kolid

P.S. We have alot of members 60+, lacking in BLMs, NINs, and PLDs, and WHMs mostly, if it helps make a new merit system.. Alot of RDMs, DDs, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Where are the HNM I only see exp mobs on your list

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Where are the HNM I only see exp mobs on your list
    I know they are still the weak HNMs, but like I said, we are still getting started. We've yet to do the Land Gods.

A. Body
    BG Level

oh man... this is gonna get creamed... especially with all the new expansion hype :D

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

This is your first post and it is a wall so people here are going to flame you.

I'd go with the first plan, and forget about the third, except if no one needs the dropped item (which i doubt, since the LS just started). Try to get gear, not money. Good luck with your LS.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This is your first post and it is a wall so people here are going to flame you.

I'd go with the first plan, and forget about the third, except if no one needs the dropped item (which i doubt, since the LS just started). Try to get gear, not money. Good luck with your LS.
    Thanks ^^ At least somebody took me serious. I'll try that, thanks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

you guys sound like RMT ... mmmm

but anyways , i think just sell the item and share gil is the best way out ...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

http://www.kupols.net/index.php?page=about

Ive seen alot of point systems... and this is the best ive seen by far. I even politly asked if I could implement parts of it for my own ls that I run.

I recommend checking it out because it has alot of good ideas and is very maliable.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Heya Kolid, you seem like a good leader ^^;; Good luck on your endeavours in advance :D.

First off, Point systems rarely work.. it just leads to drama, but so does everything else, and it's hard to keep track. From your 3 ideas, I think the auctioning one would do best imo.
    However, I would put Attend:200 and Claim lower, simply because attendance is a big issue. You will see attendance decrease as your LS grows and claiming is luck mostly.

But your ideas are good, start low and keep working yourself up. You will get enough experience in no time, just remember that greed becomes everyone. Also, ppl will come and go, just stay true to yourself and ppl will see that ^^;;

Peace

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

gil = gear , those who wanna buy , just buy them off at AH price... As for xotlotl , just let those with high attendance lot

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

I think a starting LS should better keep its drops, then sell them when most members don't need them. Serket rings for example, He says they have a lot of mages... so keeping them is better than paying the fee in AH..
    But yeah, points system also leads to drama, my first hnmls broke because of crimson greaves lolz =).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

do point system , 1 h = 1 point better then what u doing now with 1000 or 4000 point :/ and best thing to sell and share belive me so no drama happen

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy
    do point system , 1 h = 1 point better then what u doing now with 1000 or 4000 point :/ and best thing to sell and share belive me so no drama happen
    that's what Energy LS does on Bahamut and it acutally makes a lot of sense.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leto
    I think a starting LS should better keep its drops, then sell them when most members don't need them. Serket rings for example, He says they have a lot of mages... so keeping them is better than paying the fee in AH..
    But yeah, points system also leads to drama, my first hnmls broke because of crimson greaves lolz =).
    Not having a point system can lead to drama just as quickly; if not faster.

E. Body
    BG Level

Point systems can die in a fire tbh

You raise so many points only to find that your LS has broken because the system was never working in the first place.

I say assign loot officers who know which job should get what and pimp out the LS that way. Atleast thats how we did it in BG.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

This is a good read that might help you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKP_(Point_System)
    (copy+paste since the forum fks up the link)

As far as the furor system goes, it's pretty much just a different set of problems. After awhile people who don't get items will complain that officers are picking favourites or only distributing good items to the inner circle.

Pick your poison and stick with it. Zero sum DKP is my system of choice, since you have to put in your fair share of work to get an item and it's not impossible to eventually get there.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

whatever happened to the good old, sell everything and split the money. In my experience giving items to people never works out well, mainly because some jobs have a lot more items that they need and or more expensive items. You said u wanted to "pimp out your plds" exactly what do ur plds get out of killing serket sim and roc? Get to sky start killing gods, jueno HNM are a waste of time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: HNMLS Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Kolid

Drop/Kill/Claim/Attempt
    King Arthro: 0/0/0/2
    Xolotl: 0/0/0/1
    Simurgh: 0/1/1/1
    Roc: 0/1/1/1
    Serket: 3/2/3/3
    How can you claim Serket 3x, kill it only twice but it dropped items 3 times?
    Or you mean 3 items total?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I feel sorry for this poor chap. Few months down the road, he'll become jaded, cynical, regular poster on these very forums.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    I feel sorry for this poor chap. Few months down the road, he'll become jaded, cynical, regular poster on these very forums.
    lol..it's funny cuz it's sad and true