Thread: Owned by SE Yet again???     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Blackwing Lair

Owned by SE Yet again???

Not sure if this was posted yet and I'm too tired to even look.

Apr. 12, 2006 18:00 [PDT]

Customers Who Plan to Purchase "Treasures of Aht Urhgan"

The following is information for those customers who are planning to purchase "Treasures of Aht Urhgan," which is scheduled to be released on April 18, 2006.

"Treasures of Aht Urhgan" is an expansion disc that will contain many new features including new jobs and areas. Service is scheduled to begin worldwide on April 20, 2006. Until then, the new features will be inaccessible even if both installation and contents registration are complete.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

LOL OWNED

edit: for the people that'll scream fake:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news7289.shtml

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

jps are bitching about us getting it first :3

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    jps are bitching about us getting it first :3
    doesn't mean they'll get it before us, so they fail too.

Good. Another point for moi.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kemi Gumi
    FFXIV Server
    Malboro
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

it's to coincide with the xbox360 release, which is the 20th... still poor planning.

oh man i posted something... ; ; hi~
    -trollgumi

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not sure why people see this as a bad thing. This way, no one has to worry about whether their preorders will be shipped on time. You can just install at your leisure on the 18th or 19th, and be ready to play on the 20th.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kemigumi
    it's to coincide with the xbox360 release, which is the 20th... still poor planning.

oh man i posted something... ; ; hi~
    -trollgumi
    Xbox 360 release is listed as April 18th. Its because it is being shipped on the 18th. This way it doesnt matter who gets it first cause by the 20th it should be in the stores, and most of the people who reserved it should have it and have installed it already.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Blackwing Lair

Something to think about however.........

Since April 20th in Japan equals NA April 19th at 8am PST will NA players actually get to play on the 19th at 8am pst or will we be forced to wait until our actual April 20th which almost equals Japan's April 21st?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Not sure why people see this as a bad thing. This way, no one has to worry about whether their preorders will be shipped on time. You can just install at your leisure on the 18th or 19th, and be ready to play on the 20th.
    Playin on April 20th LOL... more like hotboxing my friends basement 4tmfw!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I got a question though, is this the 20th based on JP time or the 20th based on NA time? If its based on JP time it would still be the 19th NA time, no? /timezonenub

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Augie Zwan
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Post 2:17 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Hyjynx
    I got a question though, is this the 20th based on JP time or the 20th based on NA time? If its based on JP time it would still be the 19th NA time, no? /timezonenub
    Posted 1:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by TazzyLynn

Since April 20th in Japan equals NA April 19th at 8am PST will NA players actually get to play on the 19th at 8am pst or will we be forced to wait until our actual April 20th which almost equals Japan's April 21st?
    Don't know how asking the same question an hour later helps, but hey, I'm new.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Augiezwan
    Post 2:17 pm

Posted 1:00 pm

Quote Originally Posted by TazzyLynn

Don't know how asking the same question an hour later helps, but hey, I'm new.
    Because I missed it ^^;

No need to be a cunt, seem's you will fit in well here

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well it gives you plenty of time to explore all the dats that come on the CD's.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Well it gives you plenty of time to explore all the dats that come on the CD's.
    So true, at least the forums will be a nice read for few days before we can play the expansion. ^^

The Japanese POL sit lists the 20th as well. so it could be 12:00am PST / 16:00am JST on the 20th.

Most likely, it will be whenever they announce the down time on the 19th/20th

Well it gives you plenty of time to explore all the dats that come on the DVD.
    Fixed. Unfortunately.

So, they're waiting 2 days after its release to activate the content? lmao @ SE. Something seriously off about their business practices. XD

IMO this is how all updates and expansions should be done.

It shouldn't be about who can mob their EB Games shop the fastest and install their game first. There should be a 2-3 day period in which players can buy the game at leisure, and then all content is activated at the same time.

It also prevents the whole "UPDATE IS UP lets all mob the server so nobody can play" situation that happens with the monthly updates.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Well it gives you plenty of time to explore all the dats that come on the DVD.
    Fixed. Unfortunately.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the CD/DVD won't include .DAT files like new armor, quests and titles... I'm pretty sure those will come via version update... Putting them on the software only would cause people without ToAU to be unable to /check others who were wearing ToAU armor...