Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Seriously, you can PL any job to 50 in under 2 weeks easy...1 week if you do enough coke to kill a small horse.
    Yup but like I said, you'll be gimping yourself by rushing your levelling and not learning all the blue magic possible to your level range. I bet you there will be 70+ BLUs without 1k needles and other extremely useful abilities.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    haha yeah.

At first I had 0 interest in BLU, now looking at it, it's possibly the most versatile job in the game. Depending on what skills you set, you can be a tank style, healer style, DD style. If I play it, i'll probably try it as a tank (using sand veil/pollen/healing breeze), or just pick DD magey moves and play it like BLM.
    At first when I heard of the spell 'equip' system being based on points I was leaning mostly towards making an enfeebling build because at the time I thought you could only pick a few spells and they'd be set in stone. I would have went enfeeble just because some mob debuffs are very powerful and can't be accessed by any other job, mostly the DEF down, EVA down, TP resets, and such.

But, if they allow you to mix and match on the fly or even from your mog house to whatever build you feel like, then yea.. BLU is probably going to be the most versatile job in the game. The ability to go as a tank, skillchaining DD, magic busting DD, or healer to any XP party or endgame event is insanely cool. I just hope it plays out that way.

I'm still worried about the cooldown times though. I really hope it isn't like summoner and a once every 45-60 seconds kinda thing.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Blue Mage sounds like it will be the job that Red Mage was supposed to be.

Banned.

BG Level

Cyberfox, your sig is pretty damn corny.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Seriously, you can PL any job to 50 in under 2 weeks easy...1 week if you do enough coke to kill a small horse.
    Yup but like I said, you'll be gimping yourself by rushing your levelling and not learning all the blue magic possible to your level range. I bet you there will be 70+ BLUs without 1k needles and other extremely useful abilities.
    Isn't it pretty easy to learn abilities? I mean you only have to see it once, and live, and get xp, right? So find a lv60~ mob that does the move, have a friend solo it at 75 and be in his party. 10~ minutes to learn any given ability, max?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Isn't it pretty easy to learn abilities? I mean you only have to see it once, and live, and get xp, right? So find a lv60~ mob that does the move, have a friend solo it at 75 and be in his party. 10~ minutes to learn any given ability, max?
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ffxifestival.com/devpanel.html
    Blue mages will acquire monster attacks via a learning technique. If you wish to acquire an attack, you must defeat the monster first. You can only learn skills from monsters that earn you experience points. However you will not learn any skill if you are defeated in the process.
    So you have to kill it and you have to find the right mob. I think it will take a bit more like 30-45 minutes if you go seeking a single, specific ability.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I dunno, I really wish learning the abilities meant you had to subject yourself to fighting/getting damaged (if applicable) by certain monsters for a long time.
    They could make it easy to learn a monster's TP move, but require alot of exposure to said TP move to make the BLU's use of it more efficient in terms of potency versus mp/tp used.

Learning and Using BLU moves at maximum efficiency should be difficult, like raising guard/parry :wink:

Hopefully people will expand the variety of monsters they xp on so they have a broader palette of moves to use when xp. I can see a lot of BLU's easily learning crab+crawler abilities because theyll just follow the traditional leveling zones. *cough* valk+qufim+crawlers nest+kuftal+boyhada

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.ffxifestival.com/devpanel.html
    Blue mages will acquire monster attacks via a learning technique. If you wish to acquire an attack, you must defeat the monster first. You can only learn skills from monsters that earn you experience points. However you will not learn any skill if you are defeated in the process.
    Thank you for telling us what we already know.

I can never see the video, just the sound. Any clue on how to fix this? Codecs?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

you still behind that government firewall tape?

and just in case you are not, upgrade your windows media player. i have no problems playing it, well other than lag

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The third JA is repair

Second menu is pet abilities; the last 8 are fire/water/etc manuvers; one for each element. Cant read the first three.

Banned.

BG Level

Taskmaster:

My guesses:

Automaton ability list:
    http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/img...2006041405.jpg

1: Deploy
    2: Deactivate
    3: Retrieve
    4: Fire Maneuver
    5: Ice Maneuver
    6: Wind Maneuver
    7: Earth Maneuver
    8: Thunder Maneuver
    9: Water Maneuver
    10: Light Maneuver
    11: Dark Maneuver

Not the most descriptive names, are they? So apparently the red maton is the mage type.
    From FFXIonline.com

Isn't it funny that a site everyone think is dead, to be one of the main sources of information?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

main JA list looks like

Overdrive (2 hour)
    Activate Pet (I'm probably wrong, I can't really read the first word, its blurry)
    Repair

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    main JA list looks like

Overdrive (2 hour)
    Activate Pet (I'm probably wrong, I can't really read the first word, its blurry)
    Repair
    Just says 'activate'

アクチイベート