Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The HQ/NQ pop item thing is lame as hell too.
    It was a brilliant idea, but it should have just been 100% drop rate anyways with a +1 item dropping for a HQ pop.
    How is it brilliant idea if you see a flaw in it? That's exactly the whole point of having NQ/HQ pop item with varied drop rates. That's what's brilliant about it.
    Brilliant ideas often have flaws. The whole farm items then use the crafters to make it then if its a HQ get a bonus is brilliant because it supports A) Farmers B) Crafters and C) People wanting pimp EX items or a hard fight. Thats the idea behind it I'm guessing, the details on exactly what the HQ bonus is is just that, a detail. Its the same reason abjurations was an awesome system, it supports multiple groups with a single piece of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Skold_07
    With a low drop rate, i'm thinking its going to be a while until were maxed out , and I know we will get to AV far before we are.
    Whether you max out on it quickly or slowly that doesn't make the items any better or worse. The sea system may keep you there longer if you have the patience to max your linkshell out, and this point is also debatable since people are being jailed for using the only known strat that works against AV.

You also get to Kirin before you get close to maxing out on sky items from gods so I don't see the distinction you're trying to make. Just with the work of getting your first JoL pop set most of the sea nms will already be on farm status which negates the "more challenging nm" aspect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6