+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was FF3 good?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

God I hope they at least give us some new stuff to do with FFVI...I know I've played through the game 9 times, so I won't buy it unless something's added/changed.

who am I kidding, I'll be first in line ;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

word

As for the large cell phones, I was just discussing with my brother the other day how we should bring back the Zack Morris cell phone. Could pimp it Flava-Flav style.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Re: Was FF3 good?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Since it appears nobody has answered what I thought was the most important question in Xavier's post, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Any good? The picture seems to imply a full graphical remake of the game. But FF1 and FF2 both kinda suck and FF4 is really good, so I wanna know if FF3 is more similar to the first two games, or lays the groundwork for the 4th.
    FF3 is really fun, I'm currently playing through it again; haven't played it in almost 2 years or so. It's definetely alot like the future FF's more than the first 2 FFs. FF3 can be argued as the best FF even better than FF7 (Which I think it is.) A graphical enhancement sounds intriguing, I will definetely invest in a DSLite if this comes out in the U.S., which hopefully it does.
    Maybe noone answered his question, but you also forgot this part of the OP. It's FFIII, not FFVI he's referring to.

I just saw the first batch of pictures of the FFIII remake for the DS (the real FF3, not FF6
    My ROM File says Final Fantasy 3.... I'm confused.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Was FF3 good?

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Since it appears nobody has answered what I thought was the most important question in Xavier's post, I will.

Any good? The picture seems to imply a full graphical remake of the game. But FF1 and FF2 both kinda suck and FF4 is really good, so I wanna know if FF3 is more similar to the first two games, or lays the groundwork for the 4th.
    FF3 is really fun, I'm currently playing through it again; haven't played it in almost 2 years or so. It's definetely alot like the future FF's more than the first 2 FFs. FF3 can be argued as the best FF even better than FF7 (Which I think it is.) A graphical enhancement sounds intriguing, I will definetely invest in a DSLite if this comes out in the U.S., which hopefully it does.
    Maybe noone answered his question, but you also forgot this part of the OP. It's FFIII, not FFVI he's referring to.

I just saw the first batch of pictures of the FFIII remake for the DS (the real FF3, not FF6
    My ROM File says Final Fantasy 3.... I'm confused.
    Because SE was gay and didn't release some Final Fantasys for the US.

FF1 JP = NES/GBA/PS1 FF1 NA
    FF2 JP = GBA/PS1 FF2
    FF3 JP = Not released in NA, THE ONE WHICH IS BEING REMADE FOR DS
    FF4 JP = SNES FF2 NA, GBA FF4A, PS1 FF Chronicles
    FF5 JP = PS1 FF Anthology, gonna be ported to GBA soon, NOT REMAKE.
    FF6 JP = SNES FF3 NA, PS1 FF Anthology, gonna be ported to GBA soon, NOT REMAKE.

Everyone knows what happens from 7 onwards.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

...seriously just download what I uploaded to give it a try. I uploaded a rom and emulator in a rar in case you couldn't figure it out from the context.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I thought FF3 was a lot better than the first two, and in fact was one of my favorite two from the 8-bit era (DQ4). The game world was a bit smaller than the other two, but they added underwater exploration (Which came to pass in later FF's), as well as adding summoners for the first time with the standard summons you've seen in titles since (I know Odin/Bahamut/Leviathan were there, not sure about Ifrit/Shiva/Ramuh)

The story wasn't that great though, I found it kinda weak to be truthful, and the last boss had about as much plot sensibility as in FFIX. It had it's down points and up points, but for an 8-bit game, it was a damn fine effort.