BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    maybe the axe tossing shit happens randomly from a job trait, like Kick Attacks

instead of a WAR kicking, he throws his axe, basically an extra attack with a set % activation rate
    Are you fucking kidding me? That would be the most retarded thing SE has done in quite a while if that's what happens.

I remember when someone in my ls chucked a Tsar egg at genbu.. ,_,

Dunno why they're adding more DD traits to WAR. We're already overpowered compared to other melee classes, and we completely smash them with Ridill and a 22%( Unicorn+1 feet D: ) haste setup.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Dunno why they're adding more DD traits to WAR. We're already overpowered compared to other melee classes, and we completely smash them with Ridill and a 22%( Unicorn+1 feet D: ) haste setup.
    They are adding breadth to the WAR's arsenal. It will not improve Axe/Ridill WAR one bit (well maybe a little on the sword side), but will enhance GSwd WAR, Polearm WAR, etc and add a bit of ranged functionality. They are also trying to give reasons to NOT use NIN sub.

I fail to see how this overpowers WAR more. It mostly seems like it would just make WAR really really good on Jailer of Temperance

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That translater guy said "We are thinking of giving warriors the ability to throw their axes". I didn't get the impression that they were going to give them different types of axes to throw, but in fact, were going to allow them to throw the axes they already use.
    That made me think they meant "Great Axes" and not regular Axes since a warrior's Axe is a great axe but I dont think they thought to make the distinction. A great axe is in fact just another type of axe but what they meant might have been -Lost in Translation-

I had all sorts of Conan the Barbarian cut scenes running throughy my head for the next few minutes after they said that and though everyone's probably right but I'll stay hopefull that they meant to they were going to allow WARs to chuck their huge freaking great axes at a goblin's head :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

drg friend of mine says that jump is concidered a ranged attack, so macroing that in for jump/high jump is pretty nice

Relic Horn
    BG Level

And yet MNK still outdamage you... so maybe SE is trying to bring everyone up to MNK level.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

lolMNK

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora
    And yet MNK still outdamage you... so maybe SE is trying to bring everyone up to MNK level.
    On bones, yes. At Uleguerand and sky, hell no.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

At sky yes, with a good stunner and the ability to sub WAR. MP sink sucks though.

Ulerguerand sucks anyway >.> (I hate tanking demons and tauros).

Ninja edit: try Kuftal Tunnel merit, 12k/hr nicely if no other parties there and a good puller, chain 6x is my record there, because of WC. It's fun.

Sans ridill I can keep up with war/nin anywhere as mnk/nin. Ridill is just broken though.

At sky yes, with a good stunner and the ability to sub WAR. MP sink sucks though.

Not getting chain 10 because your RDM or WHM has no mp means you're an inferior DD =(.

Uleguerand fucking owns. 5 min repops with little competition is far more enjoyable than 16 min repops with every other noob that just hit level 75 crowding the main entrance.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I forsee WAR vs MNK derailment in the near future.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Not getting chain 10 because your RDM or WHM has no mp means you're an inferior DD =(.

Uleguerand fucking owns. 5 min repops with little competition is far more enjoyable than 16 min repops with every other noob that just hit level 75 crowding the main entrance.
    Sure but the mobs suck. In kuftal, I can sub WAR as MNK just fine and they hit me for like 50 dmg, and still gain awesome exp. The only problem is every fucking time I merit anywhere (except Ulerguerand, for the reasons you said) another party comes in and camps like 3 mobs in a small area which breaks the chain. Sometimes it's after 3-4 hours of the party though, so it's ok.

Yesterday I was meritting in Ru'Avitau, and we came across this party, of lv72-74s:

PLD
    DRK
    WAR
    MNK
    THF
    WHM

I didn't understand...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by maddog
    drg friend of mine says that jump is concidered a ranged attack, so macroing that in for jump/high jump is pretty nice
    Your Dragoon friend is an idiot.

i betcha axe/kraken war might outparse some monks in krt. my club crits for 85dmg there. . .

Monks biggest flaw: no one wants to sub ninja, despite pulling massive hate.
    Subbing ninja is vital for high chains in sky and range. Sure monk can sub warrior and up their dmg, but if the mob sits on them for 5 seconds or more, you can kiss your party mp goodbye.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maranella
    i betcha axe/kraken war might outparse some monks in krt. my club crits for 85dmg there. . .

Subbing ninja is vital for high chains in sky and range. Sure monk can sub warrior and up their dmg, but if the mob sits on them for 5 seconds or more, you can kiss your party mp goodbye.
    Get the RDM a cool hat and coat.

All of the ones I know are burnt out from exping it for a year and prefer to go on their own second/third job WAR, NIN, or MNK D;

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

indeed

however even with that, i'm picking the /nin job everytime... I don't care if it's mnk,war,drg, but you need to have utsusemi somewhere in your arsenal and still be able to do damage

LoL or how bout gllarahorn while we're out? Gonna need all the Paeon we can get =P