Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Axe throwing and Tsar's Egg Speculation.

I see this item becoming very expensive, (thanks for the crafting post to give me this idea) If you need Ranged Accuracy to land throwing with Axes I can see this being a very very good item... I know that I would try to get one, if throwing Axes is actually any good... But it just dawned on me today how much this item would make a difference. Hopefully they do add throwing axes, god I hate not being able to pull because I <3 my bomb core

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Would throwing axes be main/sub weapon slots? Or would tey be ranged/ammo like most ranged things. in that case you cant equip both this and them... only really usable for voke and maybe chr if you need it in the ranged slot, and hhp for lowbies maybe.

Would throwing axes be main/sub weapon slots? Or would tey be ranged/ammo like most ranged things. in that case you cant equip both this and them... only really usable for voke and maybe chr if you need it in the ranged slot, and hhp for lowbies maybe.
    lol, the egg is Lv75, so "lowbies" anything is out, and voke only works if you actually throw it.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

i forgot "is" as in hhp is more for lowbies not specifically the egg, or farming as non mage i guess if people farm anymore.

but i didnt know voke only works if you throw it, sucks. Skold i Guess egg only really good for "throwing axes" if they were main weaps and not "throwing" weaps.

I always thought the egg was just for omgz purposes it's (Lv100 HQ GS synth)...but if the new "throwing axes" thing is really for weapon slots, then this will own.

Has anyone ever used this for Mistral Axe? Isn't that a ranged attack move? Or is it just not worth having for that WS? Sorry, I am WHM/RDM onry so I'm not really "in the know" when it comes to ws, especially axes.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Mistral Axe is just a normal weapon skill. It just can be done at a range, otherwise there is absolutely nothing special about it.

You don't lose your axe. You don't expend an tiem from your throwing slot. It's simply a normal weapon skill.

If throwing axe is put into the game I bet it's either as a job ability where you get a thrown axe animaition and that's it. Maybe it's based off your main hand axe, but it sure as hell isn't going to use it. Or, it'll be an item you put in ranged slot and buy by the stacks. One throw will use one up just like any thrown ability.

I highly doubt Czar's Egg is in the picture at all. Even if it is, the HQ will hardly be any better than the NQ if you can throw and conserve the ammo slot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Well I think throwing axe is a JA. So probably will throw your weapon equipped on main like a boomerang every 3 minutes or something.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Once, a long time ago on the DRG forums of KI, someone found a bunch of axes that go in the throwing/ranged slot. They were held in the same animation as boomerang if i recall.

The axes that SE are talking about have been in teh .dat's for a long time. After this pt i'll look for the post, but I cant look now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Once, a long time ago on the DRG forums of KI, someone found a bunc of axes that go in the throwing slot. The axes that SE are talking about have been in teh .dat's for a long time. After this pt i'll look for the post, but I cant look now.
    I remember that too, the same guys that found .dats for javelins. I remember the picture of the axe as fairly simple, something that looks like it'd tie in with expendable ammo slot items.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Once, a long time ago on the DRG forums of KI, someone found a bunch of axes that go in the throwing/ranged slot. They were held in the same animation as boomerang if i recall.

The axes that SE are talking about have been in teh .dat's for a long time. After this pt i'll look for the post, but I cant look now.
    I'm looking for it, it's not named anything "axe" as that was easy enough to search for... still looking

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

I'm looking for it, it's not named anything "axe" as that was easy enough to search for... still looking
    Try searching for 'Javelin.' That's what the dragoons were mainly looking at in that thread.

edit: http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.p...=643054#643054

Pictures of the weapons in this thread. I can't remember if this is the one I read or not, but at least you can see what the .dats look like.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

for those who cant be bothered going through the slow site,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Zyaan/taxe.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/Zyaan/jav.jpg

*rapes photobucket's bandwidth*

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah that doesn't help any ; ; I tried everything i can think of, I even went through the 300 or so items that can be equipped in ranged slot and didn't see anything that stands out. Still tryin stuffs, it might help to go into modelviewer and figure out which file those pictures came from.

Edit: ok just used a null search arguement and went through all 3072 weapon dats, there's nothing like anything that matches those pictures. I think all you have is the graphical representation of an item that does not exist yet (wait 10 hours from now and it might be a different story).

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

I have a Tsar's Egg. I don't think it'll become anything more than something to equip while I'm resting.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the throwing axe idea would be equipped in the ammo slot in stacks of 99..? Can't remember where I read that though, I am thinking it was a quote from PoL's website but I can't get to PoL's site from work

i think pickaxes/hatchets/sickles count as ranged weapons, that would explain the small axe in those screens. but i don't know about that spear...maybe we get to harpoon fish in ToAU? o-o

the +100 accuracy is so it lands when you accidentally throw it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    And yet I bet the Additional Effect: Provoke is still only a 1/100 chance of happening.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    And yet I bet the Additional Effect: Provoke is still only a 1/100 chance of happening.
    Not if you /COR for Luck Bonus.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

maybe the axe tossing shit happens randomly from a job trait, like Kick Attacks

instead of a WAR kicking, he throws his axe, basically an extra attack with a set % activation rate