+ Reply to Thread

ES: Oblivion crash question

For no apparent reason my Oblivion will crash and self-reboot the computer. Had this happen with Simcity4 as well. I have met/exceeded all system requirements. I've tried closing all background applications (The one's in task manager under my name, except tskmng and explorer). I also lowered some of the graphic content to reduce the load and have it on the "Best performance" setting.

I'm up in that snowy part of the world and found some gaurds killing eachother, I went over to the dead one and picked up the silver bow, crash, did it again (because I didn't save), crash. FInally saved holding bow, crash.

Anyone know whats going on? Am I in a game glitch? Hardware problem? Or corrupted saved file?

I haven't tried playing since I ran diskclean-up/defrag/adaware. This game and Simcity4 are the only ones, I can leave FFXI up 24/7/365 with out any problems.

I love the game, but not when I can play, litteraly for 4 seconds in between reboots of my computer.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

if it's just your PC causing problems where you cant even load the game, do what i do sometimes on savegames. Save your file, give it to a friend, let them load it on their game and move away from problem area and resave/re-send to you, then you load it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    if it's just your PC causing problems where you cant even load the game, do what i do sometimes on savegames. Save your file, give it to a friend, let them load it on their game and move away from problem area and resave/re-send to you, then you load it up.
    ya i'm wondering if that would be my pc? Is it?

I don't get an error or anything, just black screen followed by a reboot.

I don't know anyone that plays it personally, but maybe could load the game on my barebone pc under minimum requirments.

Worst case I could start over since i've only played a few hours on this character, but still =\

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    ya i'm wondering if that would be my pc? Is it?

I don't get an error or anything, just black screen followed by a reboot.

I don't know anyone that plays it personally, but maybe could load the game on my barebone pc under minimum requirments.

Worst case I could start over since i've only played a few hours on this character, but still =\
    Lots of people on this board play the PC version, im sure nobody would mind if you sent them your file via e-mail. If it crashes on their PC, then you know it's a game bug. Then you email/phone their tech support and you'll probably see a patch for it soon.

My game crashes alot. My roomate's game reboots his computer.

TG it saves at every zone or the game would be unplayable.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Mine will randomly crash also on my modded character, did you use any of the modpcs or modpca commands in the console? If you go past 100 in a skill useing modpcs, the game will crash and corrupt the save, if you max all stats (modpca) to 100 each, you'll crash also.

Quote Originally Posted by Odon~
    Mine will randomly crash also on my modded character, did you use any of the modpcs or modpca commands in the console? If you go past 100 in a skill useing modpcs, the game will crash and corrupt the save, if you max all stats (modpca) to 100 each, you'll crash also.
    no i haven't done anything to the character, i'm still really new to the game and just stumbled across this area, which i think the game doesn't seem to want to play correctly.

I read something about Oblivion interfering with Adobe Premier, so I'm going to uninstall that when I get home (codec related problem).