Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: patch note = new exploit?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

patch note = new exploit?

The conditions for claiming monsters has been changed in the following ways. Accordingly, players will no longer be attacked by monsters that they themselves are unable to attack.
    hmmm... what if the WHMs are all in outside party during HNM, they would never get hate? or better yet, they would get hate but the HNM wouldn't even attack them. it would just sit there.

this could be a MAJOR change in all difficult fights (even in BC)

I'd laugh if that worked. better get a group to test it when its all up again

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They said there would be exceptions, and so this *may* not apply to BCs. There are other non-BC fights I can think of where this would be quite beneficial however.

Or the GMs will just throw the WHMs in jail XD

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Outside WHM can cure spam without the thought of ever getting hate. could replace all enmity- gear with MP gear. Hmmm interesting thought...

Haha, it has to be worded wrong, because it would basically negate the effects of blockaid, which was implimented to prevent people from assisting you (and thus pulling hate to mpk or steal claim). I doubt they'd totally negate a command which was kinda recently added.. no more than 6 months ago?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Im no master WHM but having main healers outside of main party seems like a bad idea anyway right? No Regen, erase, etc..?

Edit: And it doesn't say that an outside healer wouldn't gain hate, just that the outside person can't steal claim UNTIL they have the most hate. So HNM ignores the WHMs UNTIL they go over the line and then all of a sudden the WHM party has claim, is getting their face beat in, and the tank party can't do shit about it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by further
    Im no master WHM but having main healers outside of main party seems like a bad idea anyway right? No Regen, erase, etc..?
    It's a situational thing more than anything else. If your tank party has 1 whm on regen duty and watching for status, then outside whm's can have a cure rotation going and also avoid attacks that only hit alliance members, like Breakga.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

All I see that meaning is that if the mob goes yellow the WHM with hate is the only one that can steal it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edit: And it doesn't say that an outside healer wouldn't gain hate, just that the outside person can't steal claim UNTIL they have the most hate. So HNM ignores the WHMs UNTIL they go over the line and then all of a sudden the WHM party has claim, is getting their face beat in, and the tank party can't do shit about it.
    That was kind of what I thought of when I first read it as well, someone who gains too much hate will cause the mob to go yellow. (That itself will cause issues with HNMs and such, but that would mean that /blockaid would still be in play.)

Does this mean that WHM's will wear a shit ton of +enmity gear to KS from another linkshell if they don't use /blockaid?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dont really see a need for a WHM in the tank party. For wyrms I like the

PLD/NIN
    NIN/DRK
    NIN/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    BRD/WHM
    RDM/WHM

Regen is overrated, BRD and RDM can erase/curaga when needed. Plus you get Double March and Double Ballad, along with the normal spells.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

whm outside alliance curing is gay haha

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Next update...Cure V is party only...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin

I dont really see a need for a WHM in the tank party. For wyrms I like the

PLD/NIN
    NIN/DRK
    NIN/WAR
    BRD/WHM
    BRD/WHM
    RDM/WHM

Regen is overrated, BRD and RDM can erase/curaga when needed. Plus you get Double March and Double Ballad, along with the normal spells.
    Regen is not overrated, the vast majority of Red Mages would sacrifice a dozen Tarytarus on a new moon to Promethia to be able to use Regen II, let alone Regen III.

Regen is great because it heals a lot of HP for not a lot of MP, and causes a very low amount of hate doing so. Although you may not want to use it on your main tank who is bleeding HP all over the place (well you do if you want to avoid Cure IV), it works wonders for pullers or melee who get stray damage from grabbing hate or AoEs.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Except Cure5 has the hate value of like, Cure2.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Uhhhh, I doubt it. Theyre stupid... but not stupid enough to overlook something that obvious.

[edit] Found it in the patchnotes, did you look at the pictures underneath? Its a completely different situation that they are refering to. I sleepga darters, you shoot a ranged attack that misses at one. The mob is still yellow, and will remain yellow until you take enough action until it actually turns for you.. in which case you take the claim. Thereby making me unable to be attacked by a monster that I cannot take action upon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Except Cure5 has the hate value of like, Cure2.
    Still, its the best "omfg tank @<100hp" cure. 600+hp recovered or 410+hp recovered? I'll take the 600+

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hah oh man, if that's how it is then I think it could cause more trouble then good.

EDIT: Allright the post I was refering to has been deleted, so whateva.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Regen is not overrated, the vast majority of Red Mages would sacrifice a dozen Tarytarus on a new moon to Promethia to be able to use Regen II, let alone Regen III.
    I'd sacrifice a dozen taru just because, but regen is HUGELY overrated. To the point that many whm are meritting some silly small amount of +regen healed over something useful.

I find them nice in XP parties, particularly at low levels, but when your 1800 hp Galka paladin needs healing, dicking arounding with something as pathetic as Regen 3 with it's tiny amount healed, long time to do so, and excessively long recast on the spell... no thanks! Very weak spell that offers nothing in the situations you need it.