Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Claim system ??     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Broken Claim system ??

Ok ....So if I'm competing for an NM, Lets say Serket for example, And the Original Team who claims it wipes. If I was able to put myself 2nd in the hate cue before they wipe, Does that mean nobody else can claim it? Because I have the most hate on the NM?

Edit: Also....

What if you were to rip hate off someone say for Example Cure IV > Invinsible, causing to go unclaimed? Would the original person not be able to re-claim?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Good question :O

I think that would be true if I'm understanding the anti-claim system right...

If right before an alliance wiped to Serket and you Cure'd one of them and popped Invincible, you'd have a ton of hate for when it turns yellow... Thefore, other people wouldn't be able to claim it before you unless they Provoke+Invincible too.

I'm not sure if a purple mob will go unclaimed through outside cure bombing... or else SE just felt like opening the gates of hell that is claim stealing.

I think purple mobs will still continue to attack people outside of the alliance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nope. If the people with inital claim all died, Serket would come after you but others would be able to claim if you didn't. (Assuming SE isn't retarded)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkbox
    or else SE just felt like opening the gates of hell that is claim stealing.
    MWA HAHAHAHA!!!!!

This is gonna be GREAT!!!

LS X is gonna wipe!

ZOMG CURE THEM!!!
    WHO HAS HATE!!!?
    I DUNNO CURE THEM MORE!!!!!
    SHIT!!! WE NEED MORE HATE!!
    ASS YOU CURED THEM TO FULL!!!

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...h1/24-3_us.jpg

Prolly won't happen like this, but would be to funny if it did.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Those images are really misleading. They make you think Player A has that onion claimed when it really isn't. Some people are getting the impression that Player A has the onion claimed and then Player B comes up and does something with more enmity to steal claim. Actually, Player A did something to the onion to get hate from it WITHOUT claiming it (via an AoE spell targetted at a different mob, or from fighting it and then disengaging it). So when Player B claims it with something that doesn't generate much hate (Dia or a ranged attack), the mob won't become claim to them but instead stay yellow so that Player A has a chance to defend himself from the mob.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Read the other thread.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Invincible yields very little hate these days. It used to be "absolute hate" and the only thing that could generate more hate was... WHM Benediction on a PT all in the red. You'd probably mean to Cure IV -> Sentinel/Warcry/Rampart.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah...in the 6-4 BC I was helping some LS mates the other day, and my Flare -> Firaga II took hate off Invincible with no difficulty at all lol

Well say goodbye to darters link wipes in the Aery because there's gonna be 50+ black mages casting ga spells on them at the opening of every window.

New system seems pretty stupid to me and will be exploited in some form or some way to all make us laugh at SE. The rest of the patch seems pretty good though.

This wont happen because someone still actually has to claim fafnir. if people just do ga spells on a darter, sure, you might hit fafnir, but you're not going to claim it. You still have to target fafnir with something to claim it, making this whole idea stupid. It takes a few seconds to cast a ga spell, you can claim fafnir faster with many many other things anyway.

Honestly, give it some thought. This isnt gonna change the way people claim fafnir or aspid. I'ts going to be just as random as always weather some moron tries to ga spell a darter or not.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    This wont happen because someone still actually has to claim fafnir. if people just do ga spells on a darter, sure, you might hit fafnir, but you're not going to claim it. You still have to target fafnir with something to claim it, making this whole idea stupid. It takes a few seconds to cast a ga spell, you can claim fafnir faster with many many other things anyway.
    But that's the whole point... I have a Ninja friend that was messing around in Valley waiting on Aspid, he voked a raptor and it stayed yellow...stayed that way a good 5 seconds until he went up and hit it with katana. This seems to happen on "freshly popped" mobs, on mobs already spawned it appears to be business as usual.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then claiming becomes a game of "Who can get the most hate on Fafnir at pop to reserve the right to claim at their leisure"? If he does stay yellow for 5 seconds..

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Then claiming becomes a game of "Who can get the most hate on Fafnir at pop to reserve the right to claim at their leisure"? If he does stay yellow for 5 seconds..
    Can't think of much better claim than Holy

(minjin gakure lol)

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

All this particular part of the patch really seems to affect is the rampant MPKing that goes on in Lufaise Meadows. You know, when some Idiot Savant sees an unclaimed ram staring right at your PT and not moving...he must "save" your PT from a wipe!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Something is definitely wrong with the new claim system. I flashed a linked mob last night off of someone and it did NOT turn red for me even though I definitely had hate. I had to engage and hit it for it to turn red. Not sure if that's intended but I guess they didn't program it so that enmity checks came before claim check, so I had to act on the mob again.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Something is definitely wrong with the new claim system. I flashed a linked mob last night off of someone and it did NOT turn red for me even though I definitely had hate. I had to engage and hit it for it to turn red. Not sure if that's intended but I guess they didn't program it so that enmity checks came before claim check, so I had to act on the mob again.
    Hmmm. This makes me worry slightly about sac pulls in Dynamis. Might have to do more than just Provoke now?

this system sucks :/
    "Kaiserx fails to steal from amikiri"
    yet the other ls was stil managed to voke it :/

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Hmmm. This makes me worry slightly about sac pulls in Dynamis. Might have to do more than just Provoke now?
    I think it will still work, you do still have hate, you just don't have claim.

As for steal not working to claim, omg ugh ><

Just on a an Observation from yesterday.

A Friend Aggroed a Raptor and linked another running to a clear spot. I in truned voked the mob and it didnt even move, Kept attacking, I hit it and turned red towards me.

I was bored so I walked up to a mob that was walking around and Voked, instan claim.

When Aspid poped it was claimed with Flash instantly.

So I assume if anyone has aggro/hate you have to out do thier hate levels to claim it. For example if a Pld aggro's Fafnir instanly on pop and Uses two hour... for another LS to claim they would have to outdo his hate level. a voke wouldnt do much... just a thought....

nin edit.... As for Sac pulls you might have to get a Ranger to pull it off, Maybe with Dmg from a OBow .... just to out claim the aggro