Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new mob tp gain tests     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

new mob tp gain tests

I did some tests as mnk75/bst, maybe people can help me tell if things are exactly the same or a bit different than before, especially BSTs who did this before etc:

Here are a couple tests i did as mnk/bst:

hitting 2 turns, for 20tp for me with +25subtle blow (mob misses twice), charming, pet has 17%tp.

hitting 2 turns, for 20 tp for me, with +0subtle blow, (mob misses twice), charming, pet has 25%tp.

hitting 4 turns, for 39tp for me with +0subtle blow, mob hits me once with 4misses, charming, pet has 56%tp, I have 41 tp.

Since I was monk main(75) I had subtle blow already of course.
    Subtle blow effect seems pretty significant just from this (+25subtle changing mob tp from 100tp to 68tp).

All these tp readings were done immediately after charming. However a big thing I noticed that seems like a huge difference from before (although i never did this test before so plz correct me if needed) is that they lose 10%tp steps every 10 seconds or so after they are charmed. so I see 25% fixed for a while, then 15% all of a sudden, then eventually 0% tp. Unless that's something about how bst pets or charming work, it could mean mobs lose tp over time which could be interesting too.

On a side note,
    About pc monk tp gain change since floor i definitely noticed it on a couple occasions, I got 39 -> 58% tp from 1 round of attack with destroyers where a full double attack happened (without kicks), instead of 59% as before. It only happens when the leftover fractional tp doesn't quite add up, but makes storetp more noticeable at least. I have to try and see if faith tp has changed any on multiple hits (plus they are higher tp return). It doesn't have much impact for monk because you asuran fist at around 100tp anyways (you don't bother waiting for more tp), and you usually attack so fast and get so much tp that you already end up using ws at 108, 120 etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Is mob tp gain from blm spells still the same?

Charmed natural pets lose 10% tp per tick, that is normal. Jug pets retain TP, but charmed pets lose tp while not in combat, and always have.

Natural tp per hit for bst mobs is 6%/hit, and your tp +3% for you hitting them, right? In that case, i dont think it has changed at all, that I can see. monk has natural subtle blow, so 20 tp for another job would = 26% for the mob, for you it was 25%, nothing changed.

I tested on BLM/BST for spells

Staff:
    9% > 12%
    18% > 24%

Spells:
    Fire I > 10%
    Fire IV > 10%

nothing seems to have changed.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Re: new mob tp gain tests

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    All these tp readings were done immediately after charming. However a big thing I noticed that seems like a huge difference from before (although i never did this test before so plz correct me if needed) is that they lose 10%tp steps every 10 seconds or so after they are charmed. so I see 25% fixed for a while, then 15% all of a sudden, then eventually 0% tp. Unless that's something about how bst pets or charming work, it could mean mobs lose tp over time which could be interesting too.
    Olde~

It's always been like this. Pets lose 10% TP when not engaged, when engaged, their TP stays the same. Jugpets never lose TP when idle.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks for correcting me (Delekii, Lordwafik) about the pet losing tp, like i said I am no expert in pets and bst things :wink:

SE still announced that mob tp gain was changed in this update, so I guess it must be another tp floor fractional change on when they hit...
    The mob I tried this on was a bee in lufaise, the one time it hit me (the 3rd test i list) it got 6% or so, but maybe sometimes it gets 5% only because of a new 4.5 or so tp floor and curses at SE as well

Players get 6% TP from being hit by spells now, instead of the original 2%.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    How often player get hit by dd spell? It might be cool against lowbie rdm nm who chainspell spell fire 1 tho

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    it was never 2...

I used to always get 5% from getting hit with a nuke, which is why I cried when a nuke hit me for 0 dmg instead of 1-5, that could have been a free 5 TP

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

is it just spells, or magic damage too? since wing and other mob TP moves count as magical damage.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

We noticed tonight that Molech's seemed to be spamming TP abilitys way more than they did a few days ago before the patch. No numbers or anything, that's just what it felt like in 3x WAR party there tonight.

5TP was always the standard for getting hit by a spell. All damage taken is calculated by Store TP so that's possible why you got 6TP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    We noticed tonight that Molech's seemed to be spamming TP abilitys way more than they did a few days ago before the patch. No numbers or anything, that's just what it felt like in 3x WAR party there tonight.

5TP was always the standard for getting hit by a spell. All damage taken is calculated by Store TP so that's possible why you got 6TP.
    Yeah Deco Weapons in sky last night seemed to be spamming "Whirl of Gayness" alot more than what they should have for two WAR/NINs and two NIN/WARs. Seemed like an extra WS per fight sometimes two.