Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Um.. new BGMs not working with winamp plugin?

Yeah. So like, anyone have them working or anything?

Or have a new plugin version with a working decoder?

Banned.

BG Level

I tried them, and it... well, blew out my ears. It sounds like that old .dat between Atlepa and Zi'Tah.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

the newer bgw are encoded in a new codec, ( i think higher quality and better compression ) , and that .bgw reader is very old, came out when FFXI did.

We'll just have to hope someone who reads these forums is a sound programmer, and can make this work

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i dunno about you, but dat switching with my mog house music and listening to all the tracks....a LOT better than COP's music.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    the newer bgw are encoded in a new codec, ( i think higher quality and better compression ) , and that .bgw reader is very old, came out when FFXI did.

We'll just have to hope someone who reads these forums is a sound programmer, and can make this work
    Nice signature

I liked the christmas song, someone find it!

You can probably put the files in SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\viewer\data\system\bgm . Then you can listen to them through the POL viewer instead of sitting in your Mog House. I can't test this, though, since I play FFXI on PS2, uh, Xbox360.

I hope someone fixes XIMC or the Winamp plugin. I don't want to wait for the OST release to listen to all the ToAU music. T_T

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Ugh, fucking gay... I was really hoping that they wouldn't be encoded in bullshit ATRAC3 but I guess that was too much to expect seeing as the last few added musics were in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut

Jeuno Christmas music is 239.bgw in sound3 if that's the one you mean.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Ugh, fucking gay... I was really hoping that they wouldn't be encoded in bullshit ATRAC3 but I guess that was too much to expect seeing as the last few added musics were in it.

Ahaha.. I am very unfamiliar with such things, but what is .bgw?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

.bgw is the music format FFXI used to use (it still uses them now but they're encoded in ATRAC3) and can be listened to with an ancient winamp plugin. I think someone posted it on the board recently but it should be too hard to find. If you absolutely cannot find it and want it buzz me over AIM and I'll send you it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

.bgw is the music format FFXI used to use (it still uses them now but they're encoded in ATRAC3) and can be listened to with an ancient winamp plugin. I think someone posted it on the board recently but it should be too hard to find. If you absolutely cannot find it and want it buzz me over AIM and I'll send you it.
    I don't even have winamp, is there any way I can just swap that file with Jeuno's file?

You can get XIMC from http://burger.sandwich.net It's a Japanese program that converts .bgw to .wav, but it doesn't work for the ToAU music.
    Edit: There's also a music hacking guide that'll explain how to change the music for any zone, so you can swap the Chistmas Jeuno music in for the regular one.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I don't even have winamp, is there any way I can just swap that file with Jeuno's file?
    Yeah - swap music110.bgw in sound with music239.bgw from sound3.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caocao
    You can get XIMC from http://burger.sandwich.net/XIMC.zip. It's a Japanese program that converts .bgw to .wav, but it doesn't work for the ToAU music.
    Fixed the Link I think, the period at the end of the sentence was included in the link.
    EDIT: nevermind, you already fixed it

Sea Torques
    BG Level

[quote=Russta]

Quote Originally Posted by "Kuponut":7601f

Yeah - swap music110.bgw in sound with music239.bgw from sound3.[/quote:7601f]
    Thanks^^ I like the Christmas music alot better than Jeuno music

Though the Christmas music is reminding me of the evil inflation during that time, but oh wells

Maybe it is just my bad memory, but didn't Jeuno also get snow during Christmas?