Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

personally, I'm thinking not missing with a good weapon + avatar melee damage + blood pacts will be good enough to get fewer PLD/WARS to go "oh hey there's a smn, there's my cure bitch since there's no WHMs seeking!" (I often do get to have some fun with NIN tanks though). Sure, not beating-every-melee good but I think it will be good. And with SE supposedly making changes because "we would like to see summoners have their avatars out more" I think its a good possibility the conditions for this will improve.

A friend of mine was having fun doing souleater spirit takers as SMN/DRK. It was an amusing sight, to say the least.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    kinda funny how SAM and RNG and THF can just tear the fuck out of mobs, RNG more than anything. I wonder what other weapons out there that have the "big damage" potential. So far sword/h2h are good at DoT rather than chunks, nobody's done guttler yet, to see the damage on that, however one of my friends on asura has the currencies to get it to lvl4, he just needs the rare/ex, and Staff/club are toys.

The club, there's a club on my server with one of the most melee prepped JP taru WHM, but it still doesnt put up any big numbers. I think he might get better if he was sneaked, or even berserked, but he's usually whm/nin mjollonr/kraken.

At the end, it's a mage meleeing, you cant really expect nice numbers. I know for sure my rdm wont break double digits on mercy stroke unless it's something really weak (seeing how all the melees say birdies, i'll try windurst).
    Please, Lord Wafik.. level Thief to 75 after you upgrade your Relic

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponut
    kinda funny how SAM and RNG and THF can just tear the fuck out of mobs, RNG more than anything. I wonder what other weapons out there that have the "big damage" potential. So far sword/h2h are good at DoT rather than chunks, nobody's done guttler yet, to see the damage on that, however one of my friends on asura has the currencies to get it to lvl4, he just needs the rare/ex, and Staff/club are toys.

The club, there's a club on my server with one of the most melee prepped JP taru WHM, but it still doesnt put up any big numbers. I think he might get better if he was sneaked, or even berserked, but he's usually whm/nin mjollonr/kraken.

At the end, it's a mage meleeing, you cant really expect nice numbers. I know for sure my rdm wont break double digits on mercy stroke unless it's something really weak (seeing how all the melees say birdies, i'll try windurst).
    Please, Lord Wafik.. level Thief to 75 after you upgrade your Relic
    He's 56 now I think <_<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yeah, wafik is taking thf up...just v...e...r...y slowly

Re: to Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    heard from a myspace forum that upgraded artifact hands give 7 shots instead of 5?
    It's 6 shots but most people think they are worthless since you lose so much from kotes
    Normal Barrage at level 75 is 6 shots, AF+1 hands raises it to 7. They're pretty amazing.

I wonder what other weapons out there that have the "big damage" potential.
    Jaypee with Bravura is pretty disgusting (Great Axe). Not sure if it receives as much recognition cause WARs are already ridiculously buff. But in most cases Bravura and Metatron are extremely buff. Just not on Tiamat and other Wyrms for some reason lol.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Someone on Fenrir has the gun completed as well, not sure if he has ever tested it out with Cleen but I imagine they would, could make some very nice chains doing that too I'd guess.

It is nice to see a thread which shows the potential relics have since most people seriously downplay them in every way.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

[sarcasm]Rangers are so gimp.[/sarcasm]

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    It is nice to see a thread which shows the potential relics have since most people seriously downplay them in every way.
    it's still not much more than e-peen till people use them on HNMs or at least Dynamis-Xarcabard.

and it still doesn't show them being more worthwhile to upgrade than horn or shield from a usability standpoint.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I will agree to the part about Horn or Shield being better, but it is nice to see someone show good damage and hear praise than it is seeing a Tachi: Kaiten for 320 damage followed by a Gekko by someone else for 1200 or some crap.

Or hearing some lolPLD beat a MNK with Spharai in Ballista, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    it's still not much more than e-peen till people use them on HNMs or at least Dynamis-Xarcabard.

and it still doesn't show them being more worthwhile to upgrade than horn or shield from a usability standpoint.
    LOL what does the horn do really? You can get like +2 on every song in game except (maybe im wrong)ballad.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

7MP/tick ballad

Yup, 'nuff said, 7 MP/tick.

3000 skillchain=7mp tick. I dont see why people say weapons are worthless they seem to be pretty good.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

yah 3000 damage on one mob that happends to be weak to your type damage sure is equivilent to havent 7mp/tick anywhere anytime in game be it dynamis, xp, raids, whatever.

Yeah, 3000dmg on a bird weak to ranged atatcks is the same thing. I dont agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    yah 3000 damage on one mob that happends to be weak to your type damage sure is equivilent to havent 7mp/tick anywhere anytime in game be it dynamis, xp, raids, whatever.

not the ranged attack...the darkness skillchain

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee

lets remove the 25% dmg bonus then...
    2400 * 1.25 (25% piercing dmg bonus) = 3000 dmg

So that would have done 2400 dmg to a normal mob.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If I am spending a lot of gil to buy currency I certainly would want a cool weapon that does a unique WS and has the best damage of that weapon class over 7mp per tick on ballad. I am doing excalibur currently need about 5000 more shells to finish the 3rd upgrade. I don't see why people complain about peoples choices on upgrading relics weapons so much. As a PLD the sword seems a lot more interesting to me then the shield, I couldn't really do the shield anyway since I already started sword before shield even existed.