Congrats!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

relic GK's dmg is insanity.

That's how all relic damage should be, i think he's unlocked the true potency of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    relic GK's dmg is insanity.

That's how all relic damage should be, i think he's unlocked the true potency of them.
    I agree. With other fully upgraded relic weapons, their power (in some cases, only minimal improvements) isn't truly worth the expense and hassle of upgrading - but this weapon has obviously proven otherwise. This looks pretty damn sexy to me.

Ninja Edit: Also notice how he pulls off a 1231 Kaiten without Sneak Attack... The potential of this WS with SAM/WAR, with optimal gear and merits, seems scary.

The potential of this WS with SAM/THF, with optimal gear, brutal earring, and merits, seems scary.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    The potential of this WS with SAM/THF, with optimal gear, brutal earring, and merits, seems scary.
    Fixed.
    Don't ruin the beauty of this thread - leave it be. You have no place here

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That kind of damage on Dynamis mobs (which usually have a pretty high defense), is downright disgusting.

I'm damn impressed <_<

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Fixed.
    Wouldn't Brutal Earring be considered Optimal Gear then? No reason to even add it..

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

we had a lvl4 relic GK with us last week on demons, the numbers were nowhere near as impressive. I'd like to know exactly what he did with it to get the numbers.

I'm workin on the Claustrum (Staff, on SMN). Why? just for the hell of it. I dont know anyone who has it, and I want to find out just how good the Gate of Tartarus additional effect is. One things for sure though, there's no way ittl match tachi kaiten. OMG, that is fing crazy....

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    That kind of damage on Dynamis mobs (which usually have a pretty high defense), is downright disgusting.

I'm damn impressed <_<
    almost all dynamis mobs have low deffense, i would say around DC to EM deffence. the exception being dynamis-xarc mobs, most NMs, and quadavs.

not that i'm downplaying it. those are sic numbers.

hes an elf with top STR gear.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really? My Jins are usually kind of gimp in Dynamis. ._.

Edit: And yes Tib is right, Elvaan + Best STR gear you can get = 4tw

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

we had a lvl4 relic GK with us last week on demons, the numbers were nowhere near as impressive. I'd like to know exactly what he did with it to get the numbers.
    Noda has capped merits for Samurai and the absolute best gear short of HQ Shura pieces. He would've had a Bard in the party too for dual Minuet.

Yeah....Demons in Xarc, highest Rampage I could pop off is 1100. Dynamis mobs in a city (especially Yagudo) are a joke. I dont think I ever hit below 1k on them, and drop 1500+ with double attacks proccing.
    Not to take away anything, but it would be nice to see how Amano performs on EXP mobs, since Dynamis city mobs are a joke, especially Yags. Grats though, just reading through that made me really excited for you. You seem to appreciate a Relic weapon for what it is. Sounds like your LS made a good choice. :D

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

the staff for SMN is stupid, please don't waste the currency.

100% tp gives 20 seconds of 3mp/3sec (18 mp)
    200% gives 40 seconds (39 mp)
    300% gives 60 seconds (60 mp)

that's instead of spirit taker, which is going to be more MP and usable with any staff, and the -3 perpetuation from HQ staves. plus how often is SMN meleeing? only when you solo, in which case you'll have an avatar out, in which case you'll want -3 perpetuation. there's no -perpetuation hidden effect on SMN relic staff.

SMN relic staff is a complete waste.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

not only that, you wont use it for soloing, the damage rating is too high compared to other staves, esp with the occasional 3x damage.

No magic attack bonus either. Such a shame, that's a nice staff too Just given to jobs who'll benefit the least of them.

Well, (solo) doing SA Spirit taker with kirin's pole (60 dmg pole) yields enough mp to solo soloable things with fenrir continously without stopping. (I sub thf whenever I solo, and its a heck of a lot better than throwing carbuncles at stuff. much much faster.) Plus, I have staff skill maxed and merited (which may be of some use on pld and possibly mnk), and claustrum has acc+20 and addtional effect dispel. There are some things and places where I believe I will be able to get good use out of it. But mostly, it's "just because." I have nothing better to spend gil on. Call me crazy if you want, but I have some ideas of what to do with it.

Higher MP gain can override higher perpetuation cost (plus there's a possibility SE may be lowering the cost since they claim they want people to have their avatars out more). I believe there has to be some alternative to ele staves (besides the bahamut staff- thank you SE for coming out with this way later than you should have... not that it's going to stop me).

That said, Grunion, does your information come from experience/observation, or from he said she said i saw it on some guy's myspace or a forum thread?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

nah im not bashing you at all for it, spend your gil how you like , after all im a RDM who chose relic dagger. Im just bashing at SE's choice of stats on that staff.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

nah im not bashing you at all for it, spend your gil how you like , after all im a RDM who chose relic dagger. Im just bashing at SE's choice of stats on that staff.
    I honestly think they made relic staff (and club) so some jobs didn't feel left out and decided to do a 'cycle' of items (term stolen from M:TG) that were similar in many ways, which was fine for melee since they mostly want the same thing but for mages its a joke.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast