Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    PC restarts while trying to log on ............. /fume

    Hello everyone. First off thank you for any input that I can achieve. I would really enjoy to play the game. But the only problem is ... I can't log on.

    I was useing Windower 3.21 and downloaded 3.2. Replaced the Hook.dll file and yesterday I was able to log on.

    Problem is when I use the Playonline Icon to log on after I pick my toon my PC automatically restarts. It's doing the same thing now with my Windower.

    Please hook me up with what I'm missing.

    Thank for a very informal web site also.

  2. #2

    Re: PC restarts while trying to log on ............. /fume

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmage_Seraph
    Hello everyone. First off thank you for any input that I can achieve. I would really enjoy to play the game. But the only problem is ... I can't log on.

    I was useing Windower 3.21 and downloaded 3.2. Replaced the Hook.dll file and yesterday I was able to log on.

    Problem is when I use the Playonline Icon to log on after I pick my toon my PC automatically restarts. It's doing the same thing now with my Windower.

    Please hook me up with what I'm missing.

    Thank for a very informal web site also.
    You downloaded too much porn.

  3. #3
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    I got a GF so don't need to download ... I make my own

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmage_Seraph
    I got a GF so don't need to download ... I make my own
    You lost any chance at me pitying you right there. =P

    Well I dont know why you changed your Hook.DLL, I went from 3.21 to 3.2 and have no issues, didnt change anything else. Might be something else with your game. Maybe you DLed a Trojan? Im hearing of people getting their accounts hacked recently.

  5. #5
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    I still have my Windower 3.21 ... just made a copy of it and testing around with it by replace'in the .dll file.

    I had just tried to load up the game with all the possible ways and PC stills restarts without me doing anything. I thought I was back on the game but nope. I'm able to select which toon I want to log on then it crashes.

    Should I uninstall and reinstall ... if so how do I do that?

  6. #6
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    637
    BG Level
    5

    The only way I could get game to work at all is going to FFXI config and changing everything to default and saving then closing... then opening in 3.2 windower... otherwise my comp reboots. Try it? Worked for me.

  7. #7
    That SpellCast Guy
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    802
    BG Level
    5

    Let me guess, you're using a Radeon 9200 video card?

    A lot of people (including me) seem to be having this problem. I'm not sure why, but I seem to have about a 50% chance of being able to log on, where the other half of the time it just restarts my computer. You can look at different forums and lots of people are posting what fixed the problem for them, so I have no idea what's actually causing it.

    The "solutions" I've seen so far have ranged from downloading the newest drivers, to resetting all the options in FFXI Config to default, to waiting 20 seconds once you're on the title screen until you see a big tree, then choosing Select Character...

  8. #8
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    Let me guess, you're using a Radeon 9200 video card?

    A lot of people (including me) seem to be having this problem. I'm not sure why, but I seem to have about a 50% chance of being able to log on, where the other half of the time it just restarts my computer. You can look at different forums and lots of people are posting what fixed the problem for them, so I have no idea what's actually causing it.

    The "solutions" I've seen so far have ranged from downloading the newest drivers, to resetting all the options in FFXI Config to default, to waiting 20 seconds once you're on the title screen until you see a big tree, then choosing Select Character...
    And that's what I did. Thank you all for inputs and thoughts of how to fix this glitch. G/L with expansion. Kupo

  9. #9
    Physicist
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,493
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos
    Let me guess, you're using a Radeon 9200 video card?
    My g/f has radeon as well as saw like 6 random reboots while playing last night, also had black screen hangs at character selection

  10. #10
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    In exactly 12 min's my redial to the service support will be hit. I even put a request in on the live chat also. This is something that they need to fix.

  11. #11
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    BG Level
    1

    Same thing is happening to me, thank god for ps2 ;/

  12. #12
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8
    BG Level
    0

    I had just gotten off the phone with the service tech. What I had to do is e-mail them with info on my situation.

    Here are the things I had to do:

    Goto Run and type dxdiag
    Save that to desk top
    Email that info and what's going on to mailto:[email protected]
    Leave my POL ID and contact number just in case they need to get in touch with me.

    Other than that keep trying. I told him and in the email that others were experience'in the same thing. The person I spoke with advised me to tell others to do the same thing. Maybe if they get loaded with e-mails this will get fixed faster. There is another maintance up and come'in here shortly

    Good luck and kupo.

  13. #13
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    32
    BG Level
    1

    good job, ima go do that right now

    I reset all my settings in ffxi config to default, was able to get ingame, warp, gear up to head to aery, and when i went to use the outpost NPC in sandy, my pc shut down again... /sigh

  14. #14
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    769
    BG Level
    5

    This may be more then just FFXI and the update.
    The fact that its randomly rebooting on you may have more to do with the actual pc as opposed to the game, while yes this is a coincidence that can't be avoided something you should also check while you're at it is current PC temperature.

    Is the case hot to touch?
    Are you noticing any wierd sounds? Kinda like an airplane taking off? Fans comming on or shutting off more then normal?

    If so you might have a power supply problem, which would explain the random rebooting, if thats the case I'd recommend getting a new one before the chances of frying the insides out due to too much heat happen.

    Again, I'm just throwing some other ideas out there.

  15. #15
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    769
    BG Level
    5

    http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

    This is the speedfan program download, itll tell you what your current temp is on your PC, Processor, Hardrives, and Ram.

    Its a decent benchmark as to where you're at so you can see if what you're seeing is a hardware problem as opposed to a game issue.

  16. #16

    It sounds more like a hardware error in the Video Card. Windows XP By default is set to "Automatically Reboot" when it encounters a hardware error. However, you can disable this option so that you get a Blue Screen indicating the source of the error (typically the Video Driver).

    To disable AutoReboot:

    Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck Automatically Reboot.

    The fact that the error occus at a set time (i.e. after selecting a character) seems to indicate that there is a bad setting, possibly in the registry. Try using the default FFXI Config settings if that may help.

  17. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    It sounds more like a hardware error in the Video Card. Windows XP By default is set to "Automatically Reboot" when it encounters a hardware error. However, you can disable this option so that you get a Blue Screen indicating the source of the error (typically the Video Driver).

    To disable AutoReboot:

    Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck Automatically Reboot.

    The fact that the error occus at a set time (i.e. after selecting a character) seems to indicate that there is a bad setting, possibly in the registry. Try using the default FFXI Config settings if that may help.

    I had this problem with Ndvidia Geforce 5600 a while ago. I just had bad drivers. I did a complete wipe of any GFX Driver reinstalled from Guru3d (I think that's the name unsure), and it was fine after that. I've seen cases where the Harddrive had a bad connection restarting like this.

  18. #18

    Try the default Config deal. Resetting to defaults saving and making changes.

    After that try uninstalling and reinstalling POL if your current POL versions shows as Version 1.6 and not Version 1.7 as it shoud after update.

    I have Gefore 6800 XFX and use Driver 78.01 http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_78.01.html This is the only driver that seems to work properly for me with FFXI.

    Ive tried the Windower DLL 3.01 swap from the DLL in Windower Version 3.2 and Windower works for me.

    I've had a problem seeing my character when not using Windower and I still haven't figured out how to fix that but oh well.

  19. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    It sounds more like a hardware error in the Video Card. Windows XP By default is set to "Automatically Reboot" when it encounters a hardware error. However, you can disable this option so that you get a Blue Screen indicating the source of the error (typically the Video Driver).

    To disable AutoReboot:

    Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab > Startup and Recovery Settings > Uncheck Automatically Reboot.

    The fact that the error occus at a set time (i.e. after selecting a character) seems to indicate that there is a bad setting, possibly in the registry. Try using the default FFXI Config settings if that may help.
    I took your advice and on the blue screen Windows says the error is within the "ati3daul.dll" file. My driver is up to date, so I am not really sure on how to fix this. Hopefully SE can patch the problem.

    I also tried the setting the FFXI config to its defaults and didn't have any better luck with that either; however, I did notice that if I wait for the trees to appear on the shore in the Dunes at the Charcater Select screen, my game works :D

    I've tested the tree method twice and it worked both times, but wouldn't be nice if when we installed the expansion it fixed this problem

Similar Threads

  1. Friday 21/7-06: Unable to log on? (not banned.)
    By Pinball in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2006-07-21, 16:03
  2. Anyone not able to log on?
    By jiang in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2006-06-20, 23:11
  3. unable to log on?
    By Wulf in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2005-11-28, 16:24