Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instalation Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Instalation Question

Posting for a rl friend of mine who posted on Alla but didnt get what he needed lol

Hi there,

I am currently living in the EU but am playing on the US version of the game. I am curious, is it possible to buy the EU version of the game, uninstall US and then be able to buy the EU expansion back version or will my character be lost? Will the ID codes cause problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yes, you can.

Uninstall the US Game. Install the EU game and EU Expansion pack and you can still play with your character.

All you lose is your macros but that shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck and have a nice time with the Installing/Update .

I have US Version and can log in JP and EU friends accounts.
    Characters are server sided saved what means you could even login with a Pakistaniversion if there would exist one.

Excellent! Thanks for the help. My life just got much easier lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If I understand your friend correctly, the answer is no as far as I know. If your original account ID-codes are from the US version, you will need US expansion codes to register and use the expansion. The data install is probably region-free, registration probably isn't.

For example, I can't buy the Japanese ToAU and register the expansion using the ID codes inside that package, because the account was registered using a NA package.

I think.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Instalation Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lennie
    Posting for a rl friend of mine who posted on Alla but didnt get what he needed lol

Hi there,

I am currently living in the EU but am playing on the US version of the game. I am curious, is it possible to buy the EU version of the game, uninstall US and then be able to buy the EU expansion back version or will my character be lost? Will the ID codes cause problems?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    haha Lennie you lesbian, wait up & I can get my Ma to get one from New York, she's goin' on the 28th or something & will be back on the 30th, I can give it to your Ma. I can get the €25 or whatever it is off of her, if you wanna wait.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You can't. When you need to enter your cd-key for ToAU, you'll need one of the same region you started the game with.

So if you want to play with the EU version, you'll still need to buy a US version of ToAU to register it, then uninstall everything to reinstall the EU version.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yeah i had to do that -_-
    My char is NA but my game is EU.
    So I had to buy 2 ToAu

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

As stated while you can play any region from any pol, the installs them self must be from the same region.

Same with the codes, EU and NA dont match and wont work 100%

So save ur self the exp monies