Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

fomors in homam and nashira found in ToAU

EP DC.

Old Merits
    BG Level

on a related note, the RDM/BRD worthless Cerise Doublet is now RDM/BRD/BLU

Maybe the new Fomor have a way of droping Lv50 JSE for COR and PUP? [and more PUP?]

Someone with a mule in Bastok should check Brygid and see if any other jobs got expanded on that gear, [maybe the RNG is RNG+COR?]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lol I enjoyed engaging a VT elephant only to have it spawn little fleas non stop that proceeded to rape us until we were all dead. lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtpayne
    lol I enjoyed engaging a VT elephant only to have it spawn little fleas non stop that proceeded to rape us until we were all dead. lol
    That flea is Hundreds fists...

Was funny, I flee'd XD

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Are the fleas sleepable? Do they depsawn if the parent dies?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    They are sleepable, I ran by with a 75 NIN friend and there was a rdm/nin soloing the Marid and sleeping the flea.

I do believe the rdm died, though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yes. No.

1 chigger spawns each time the elephant uses a WS. They have really low HP. They're also truesight and spawn without aggro so if you're a BST and your pet triggers a WS while you are away, the chigger will despawn.

WSs elephants use include a status drain (he stole my utsusemi and spawned a flea simultaneously, and I got raaaaaped lol) and a conic damage move of some sort.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    They are sleepable, I ran by with a 75 NIN friend and there was a rdm/nin soloing the Marid and sleeping the flea.

I do believe the rdm died, though.
    They would be good for fast merit parties perhaps. The flea spawns are based on time, it seemed, not on HP. It took about a minute before the first one popped on me, then 30sec after it seemed, for each?

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    1 chigger spawns each time the elephant uses a WS.
    Ah that explains it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol... one ridill beats on the elephant giving it tons of TP while 2 other ridills slaughter fleas endlessly.

i like it :D

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Someonher Rope
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Anyone have pictures? Can't get ingame for another 3 weeks, and I haven't seen pics of the elephants yet. -_-

Relic Horn
    BG Level

1 chigger spawns each time the elephant uses a WS. They have really low HP. They're also truesight and spawn without aggro so if you're a BST and your pet triggers a WS while you are away, the chigger will despawn.

WSs elephants use include a status drain (he stole my utsusemi and spawned a flea simultaneously, and I got raaaaaped lol) and a conic damage move of some sort.
    This actually makes them soloable by NIN, then. It's easy to get TP before a mob uses a WS, so as long as the NIN saves TP to Jin the Chigoe each time it pops one, I can see killing these with relative ease. I'd like to farm them for the hair and skins.

Pretty sure the chiggers weren't high enough to chain @75, and the Elephant was VT. Might be doable at 72-73 when the chiggers spawn EM-ish though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

lol... one ridill beats on the elephant giving it tons of TP while 2 other ridills slaughter fleas endlessly.

i like it :D
    Unfortunately, the actual elephant's HP looked somewhere in the 7k range. Manticore style!

Quote Originally Posted by WizerdRemora

This actually makes them soloable by NIN, then. It's easy to get TP before a mob uses a WS, so as long as the NIN saves TP to Jin the Chigoe each time it pops one, I can see killing these with relative ease. I'd like to farm them for the hair and skins.
    NIN would get eaten alive when the elephant uses the status drain WS, I think. No shadows + has to jin a chigoe quick (those things attack really fast) = 1-2 elephant attack rounds without shadows. And predictably, the elephants hit pretty hard.

I fought a flee as RDM/WHM, I got .8 Shield Skill on one, was fun. I also ended up diseased, but when don't I? ; ;

And the elephants have 0 resist to magic.... :D (go go RDM/WHM and RDM/BLM team)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

NIN would get eaten alive when the elephant uses the status drain WS, I think. No shadows + has to jin a chigoe quick (those things attack really fast) = 1-2 elephant attack rounds without shadows. And predictably, the elephants hit pretty hard.
    The elephants were only hitting me for 140-150, normal mob damage for T-VT. The Chigoe are unbelievably weak, also, and didn't attack *that* fast. Like not as fast as Zipacna, but not as slow as any normal mob you'd find. They were hitting me for 35-45 at max, so I think it's doable. Maybe with regen drinks, or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's an elephant that never forgets... To kill! (Futurama)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The elephants were only hitting me for 140-150, normal mob damage for T-VT. The Chigoe are unbelievably weak, also, and didn't attack *that* fast. Like not as fast as Zipacna, but not as slow as any normal mob you'd find. They were hitting me for 35-45 at max, so I think it's doable. Maybe with regen drinks, or something.
    In my brief experience with them, the Chigoe was hitting at near hundred fists speed, it popped and the nin I was with died in under 5s from full hp from those two. I went from 100-30% before I realized they were kicking my ass and used Flee.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    In my brief experience with them, the Chigoe was hitting at near hundred fists speed, it popped and the nin I was with died in under 5s from full hp from those two. I went from 100-30% before I realized they were kicking my ass and used Flee.
    And yet Paladin, the job Square want people to use more, would laugh at that!

Think about it.