Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What is your overall impression of the expansion?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Better than RoZ and CoP.

69 36.13%
  • Definitely better than CoP, not so sure about RoZ.

54 28.27%
  • Pretty dull so far.

6 3.14%
  • Too early to tell.

62 32.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

What do you think of the expansion so far?

So you've been playing for quite a while now, what does everybody think of the expansion so far?

I'm not camping Fafnir or getting pop items for Hope. I'm happy as long as it keeps me from doing either of those.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I'm not camping Fafnir or getting pop items for Hope. I'm happy as long as it keeps me from doing either of those.
    agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I'm not camping any HNM or getting pop items for any Sea NM. I'm happy as long as it keeps me from doing either of those.
    agree 100%

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ok my "in a nutshell" view on ToaU, and I havent played for 10h.

I've seen more NMs (boat thinger) in the first 1h of having the expansion installed than I saw in my first week of CoP.

I've seen more new zones and PEOPLE in new zones than I did to date, in a new expansion area.

I've charmed more new shit than I have in CoP areas combined.

Basically all my bitching and POL messages werent in vain ;p

Oh and hi new beastmen/monsters/sounds/textures that arent just swiped out of Dynamis Jeuno and Xarc :D

I get expansion pack in a few hours ... damn pre-order delay.

The only thing I noticed that I wasn't a fan of:

I ran around for about an hour and saw nothing but EP > T mobs. 4 different zones right next to each other and they all had the same lvl range...

anyone find any hi lvl zones?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

there's some vt-it stuff in Mount Zhayolm

There are VT-IT mobs behind doors in Mamool that are truesight.

They were also giving C3+ for 200-250 xp (with 4 people)

Some bad TP moves, though

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

found an area in Caedarva Mire with 6x Elder Treants + 1x Heraldic Imp (all VT), looked like it was screaming to be roaming party burned.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Right now, I can say that I haven't been as excited to play this game since I first started the game 2.5 years ago.

Voted better than CoP, but not sure about RoZ yet. SE will start adding more NMs and more endgame after a few months (hopefully). At that point, we'll be able to tell if they actually do suceed at keeping us coming back to the new areas.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont know

I'm still afk in port fucking jeuno because canada didnt get any copies of ToAU.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I dont know

I'm still afk in port fucking jeuno because canada didnt get any copies of ToAU.
    Its not even a real country anyway!

BLAME CANADA :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If the rest of the content is 1/2 as cool as the new city (which kicks ass) this expansion will be 10x better than CoP.

Hell the city alone makes it better than CoP.

So far my impression has been nothing but great. I am a huge fan at the fact that when I was on the boat with over 130 other people, we have NAs, JPs and even EUs all there excited about new areas, new things, and for the most part, the sheer feeling of "newness" none of this whole "Jps have been there, done that" that we have experienced in the past. I saw NAs and JPs shouting and talking to one another helping each other in locating key NPCs for the new job quests, I saw people happy to just find an AH (was easy to get lost in the new city, I know I was lost at first ). Add the outside zones into the mix, so many of them, the new mobs, not knowing if they will agro or not (true sight mobs that are VT-IT as were mentioned) and it adds some excitement that CoP fucked up for alot of us. So far, SE gets two thumbs up from me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The fact that there is a lot of good stuff you can buy with assault points, including the armor sets, I'd say its already better than COP.

The armor sets aren't super fantastic, but being able to pick the piece you want is rather than being random drop off some NM.

For mages, I see lots of +hmp pieces around. That's good. Its just like new conquest points, only the items you can get are useful again.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The expansion so far is quite exciting. From the start, you're able to explore and go wherever you want and experience new things. The design of the new city is great and offers everything you could want. Missions, quests, AH, all the guilds, warp back to jueno, various stores etc. No bad experiences or complaints so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

it kinda felt like a new game last night wandering around the ToAU areas. I'm really enjoying it. of course running through these places with a party trying to find the assault points with no map is fucking stressful

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I turned into a Mamool Ja Taru after taking a sip of that viscous liquid

<3 expansion so far, can't wait to get home and get into more trouble ^^

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Caedarva Mire is a particularly vicious place... "chigoe" anyone? It's also a relief to see some new bones. The music is cool... not that lame happy music. The boat rides are too long >___> otherwise I'm havin fun.