Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

The behavior of certain mobs in Dynamis-Beaucedine.

Hi guys, i was wondering if anyone had the problem with the Hydras linking back to the NM Attestation in Dynamis-Beaucedines after you do a sack pull. We have been doing this well over 1 1/2 yrs now with no problem and never had a problem with hydras linking back to the tagger. Last night we did 2 sack pulls, with 2 different NM's but eventually they would link back to the tagger if i ran off to far.

OK we did Dynamis-Beaucedine on sunday again. S-E did change the behavior of the Hydras, once you do dmg to the NM Attestation the hydras will link back.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

How do you do your sac pulls? We havent done them for a while, but the way we'd get them to be 100% non link :

NM will be up and alone in tower
    - Send in a redundant job(DRG, BST is good, but in case, MNK) with RR or get a R3 ready for him to sight aggro the NM, run in and out of the tower, die in a safe spot just so the NM pops all his mobs. Redundant job dies and the NM will walk back to his spot.

- When it's time to sac pull, THF or whoever tags a minion(and not the NM) causing the entire tower to link, stunner/voker/whatever stands in the path and tags the NM whos name should be yellow (and now red), and do damage on it.

We used to get errors when we'd either do the sac pull of puller tagging solo NM (pre minions), or instead of tagging the minions they got the NM itself. Anytime we did it in one of these ways, we'd get 3 or 6 of his minions coming back for us.

Basically we send in 1 of our monkeys run up to the tower and have him/her sight aggro the NM and it would spawn all the hydras and just run off far away from the raid. We would have 1 tagger and wait for all the hydras to spwn before tagging the NM.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ok, but I need you to be a bit more specific.

Do you "prime" the tower so to speak? (have someone aggro the whole tower, popping 6 mobs, and dying, which makes the NM + his minions walk back to their original state completely unaggro) It sounds like you did.

Did your tagger pull the NM itself, or one of the minions? From our experience, pulling the NM itself (as the sac puller) to start the train caused them all to run back as they had shared hate onto the first monster pulled.

We have 1 person aggro the tower which would evenually pop the 6 hydras. The sac puller doesnt attack the NM or anything, we just have him/her walk up to the NM and it'll automatically trigger the hydras. The sac puller would run off with the 6 hydras, when the 6 hydras are all out of the tower thats when one of our taggers, tags out the NM. While the sac puller is training the hydras away then dies, the hydras starts to walk back normally. but once we actually start doing dmg to the NM the hydras runs back to assist.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Ah understood now. That was one of the methods that used to give us problems too, untill we accidently came across the other strat which has worked 100% of the time now.

Give my strat a try and tell me how it goes next time you try hydras.

hmmm we have done this for a long time with the same strategy we were doing with no problem until recently after 2 weeks ago...

Basically, with your stratgey is to have the tower completely popped and have them all walk back to its original stationairy position. Then we do a 2nd pull. Have somone tag the hydra not the NM, and have one of the taggers tag out the NM correct?

Yes correct. Whenever we had someone tag the nm first, his minions would all come back after the sac died.

We had similar problems in Dynamis-Xarcabard on Tuesday with our sac pulls. More than half of the pulls resulted in the eyes going for the alliance after the sac person died.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Could this maybe have something to do with the claim system?

Our last Xarc everything went normal, however we did get a few weird/retarded bugs.
    I usually pull with darts, and on the first pull with the 4 eyes + 1 stone , I tried pulling an eye and it went out of range. Normally it'll just keep floating around, but this time it went RED and kept flying around ,however in a passive state. Then I did it a second time on the other eye, it went out of range too, so we had 2 red eyes floating/guarding the statue. After that I just ran in and threw more darts at them untill they popped mobs, and ran out, but it was weird.