Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Chigoe (Mob in new areas)... WTF with these things...

Anybody else run in to these? From what I can tell, you can't actually target them till the reveal themselves (ie attack you), they don't hit very hard but do occaisionally hit with the added effect Disease.

I had seen a few people die from one, and when they died it dissapeared, thinking this was the normal anti MPK despawn thing, I went in to that same area, only to have them pop again and start beating on me. The first time I was able to sleep it and zone, but last night I logged out weakened, and when I logged back in, 3 of these were on top of me beating my face in. Couldn't get sleepga off, so I died.

Anybody else seen these things yet? I can't even see what it looks like because it is so small, and didn't think to/get a chance to check it to see if it was NM or not.

Edit: Saw them in the Thickets area as well as the marsh area, (can't remember names of these new places)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Chigoe (Mob in new areas)... WTF with these things...

Quote Originally Posted by further
    Anybody else run in to these? From what I can tell, you can't actually target them till the reveal themselves (ie attack you), they don't hit very hard but do occaisionally hit with the added effect Disease.

I had seen a few people die from one, and when they died it dissapeared, thinking this was the normal anti MPK despawn thing, I went in to that same area, only to have them pop again and start beating on me. The first time I was able to sleep it and zone, but last night I logged out weakened, and when I logged back in, 3 of these were on top of me beating my face in. Couldn't get sleepga off, so I died.

Anybody else seen these things yet? I can't even see what it looks like because it is so small, and didn't think to/get a chance to check it to see if it was NM or not.

Edit: Saw them in the Thickets area as well as the marsh area, (can't remember names of these new places)
    Marid's spawn them too. (check thread about Fomors in Homam/Nashira)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There seem to be a variety of these lil guys. Like you said they dont seem to be visible till they attack you. When my friends and I were in the subterrainian zone they started poping out of no where, one at a time.

Later we decided to beat on a Marid. Everything was fine for a short while till the Marid got to about 50% hp. I started noticing I was losing shadows really fast and when they were gone I was getting whacked by about 2 of those flees, by the time we got it to 40ish there 4 of those things murdering us.

All 4 of us died

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm not sure about if they're all invisible until aggro'd and they link, or what, but last night I noticed that right after I slept one that aggro'd, another would spawm 5ish seconds after. Sleep that one, and another pops up. Had 5 attacking me before I decided to warp.

The ones the Marids spawn are spawned. Other versions natively exist in the zone.

Check the Mire north of Nashmau, on the path to Reef. At the first tunnel, you you can visibly see 2-3 of them bouncing around. They are untargettable/unnamed until they aggro, much like the Phuabos in Sea.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They seem to have very little HP. I remember one-shotting one that spawned from a Marid with Blizzard III, and it still give Decent Challenge-type exp.

*Ideas of low level manaburns form in head*

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

they are visible, but kinda hard to see, but you cant target them, nor do they have names, until they aggro you

ANNOYING AS FUCK

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

I don't get how people died. I one-shotted them in the face with my gkt.

=/

My group died when we didn't realize they were beating on us at all. The MNK was down half before we even realized there were adds. I think it was just the suprise of them popping!

The ones marids spawn are tougher. Takes a few counters for them to go down.

Banned.

BG Level

I remember the first thing I said when I got attacked.

IT GAVE ME AIDs. That is becoming a phrase that replaces "Viruna please" within some friends.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele

=/
    cuz like mages cant cast when they like get interruped

I soloed 3 or 4 Marids and saw no Chigoes, I hadn't made a connection to Marids yet but I did see a dead guy next to a half dead Marid and a Chigoe go bouncing away now that I think about it.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

=/
    ...i hope you're being sarcastic

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Sadly I was too much in shock to consider attacking them when 2 of them ambushed me in some new Boyadha Tree zone. 75BST and they tore me down in no time, uncharmable. My screen flew by with a hundred hits - I'm thinking I might have also had a third one I didn't see.
    They conned DC. The idea that I might have actually just chopped them down didn't come until afterwards.

Chigoe I think is from Chigger... which is a nickname of a kind of flea. Makes sense too, since they bounce like crazy and attack in swarms from the grass. They only aggro if you don't have invis on and stop somewhere they are already sitting.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

=/
    ...i hope you're being sarcastic
    Actually no, when 3 of these things are pounding on you for 90 damage at a time, there isnt much you can do as a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeny
    Sadly I was too much in shock to consider attacking them when 2 of them ambushed me in some new Boyadha Tree zone. 75BST and they tore me down in no time, uncharmable. My screen flew by with a hundred hits - I'm thinking I might have also had a third one I didn't see.
    They conned DC. The idea that I might have actually just chopped them down didn't come until afterwards.
    Exactly, it is like Hundred Fists. There is no timing your casts to get a sleep off like maybe Maxx seems to think. And you can forget about it if you have multiple on you, they chew through you quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coz
    Chigoe I think is from Chigger... which is a nickname of a kind of flea. Makes sense too, since they bounce like crazy and attack in swarms from the grass. They only aggro if you don't have invis on and stop somewhere they are already sitting.
    That is kinda what happened to me last night, was waiting to sneak/invis until I saw a mob in front of me and the damn bug just popped up and started pecking at me with 100 fist speed but only like 10-30hp a pop. Slept it and zoned quick, didn't con or try to kill it because I was just outside zone and that was the first thing I thought of.

The Chigoes and the Imps are the two most annoying mobs encountered so far... I'm sure when people start getting charmed left and right by Lamia and Merrow the tone might change.

Was ambushed by Imp, found out they were true sight. Managed to Lullaby it when I noticed something was pecking the hell out of me. Squeezed off Horde Lullaby on the Chigoes, nearly died to them. And yeah, the speed the Chigoes attacked, it's understandable that a mage would get interrupted, if I was a BLM I would've died, luckily BRD doesn't get interrupted so easily.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Perhaps this is a new way to deal with the "LOL NIN TANK FOR EVERYTHING" mentality? If you get hit so fast that you can't cast anything, you might as well take the beating up front. (PLD hint hint)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I saw a NM one for this... A red tiny one, that also continuously drained mp with every hit. was called something like something plague Chigoe.
    Checked impossible to gauge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast