Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 649 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I've only been resisted on sheep song a few times out of the bajillion times I've used it, it owns :D

I'm wondering though if its possible to learn Jettatura and Fightful Roar in the lv40 capped zones? I'm having no luck yet :/
    Got both in Riverne B01 (50)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Can you get Radiant Breath in Riverne?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr
    Can you get Radiant Breath in Riverne?
    There's nothing I can think of about being level capped that would prevent you from learning a spell. You can be a 75 BLU and learn Foot Kick from a Forest Hare.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

yes u can i learned jet and radiant breath in riverne B

E. Body
    BG Level

But I'm not too sure if you can learn them in A01, atleast I couldn't.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

E. Body
    BG Level

Just dinged 48, and must say refuelling fucking owns. Self haste for 29 mp for the fucking win. Too bad its 10% haste and not 15, but still, I'll take that <3

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Just dinged 48, and must say refuelling fucking owns. Self haste for 29 mp for the fucking win. Too bad its 10% haste and not 15, but still, I'll take that <3
    Does it effect recast timers or just attacking speed?

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Recast timers too. Casted utsusemi ichi and shaved off 3 seconds making it 10% haste.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Recast timers too. Casted utsusemi ichi and shaved off 3 seconds making it 10% haste.
    Oh damn that's nice! How long does the effect last.. around 3 minutes like the spell I hope?

E. Body
    BG Level

Oh damn that's nice! How long does the effect last.. around 3 minutes like the spell I hope?
    Yup, 3 minutes :D

Edit: see below

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sweet! One more question, sorry. Does it stack with the spell Haste?

E. Body
    BG Level

No it doesnt stack because it uses the same Haste icon, but I actually counted how long it lasts and it is infact FIVE MINUTES!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Wow thats hot. O_O

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

No it doesnt stack because it uses the same Haste icon
    Haste Belt is +10% haste just like Refueling is, has the same haste icon, and stacks with haste spell.

Just because it has the same icon doens't mean anything. That's like saying Berserk+Warcry don't stack because they share the same icon.

The only way to test it is to actually have haste casted on you while refueling is active (or vice-versa).

Quote Originally Posted by richey
    I apologize if this has been answered in this thread but I have followed it pretty close and did not see it. Has there been anything confirmed on which stats are the most helpful for BLU? Are most using a mage build or attack build as they get part 30 or so?
    I was in a party with another BLU and every now and then we would do a skillchain and burst Blastbomb. He was a Taru, I'm a Hume, and was either lower or same level as me (He started the party lower then me but dinged long before I did). Unresisted, his would do in the low hundred where as mine would do in the high 90's. I think it's safe to say that magic based attacks are infact boosted by raising INT.

E. Body
    BG Level

Well, good point about the icons. Just tested it and it indeed does not stack. WHM/RDM haste will override but refuelling won't.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Well, good point about the icons. Just tested it and it indeed does not stack. WHM/RDM haste will override but refuelling won't.
    Damn, that sucks.

Just tested Foot Kick with a BRD. Did 5 with nothing, 5 with 2 minutes, and 5 with 2 etudes (Herculean Etude re-applied before every cast). Also all with 0 TP, a sword equipped, and capped BLU magic (lv37). All on the same EM Cock.

No buffs

Base stats:
    STR 35+7
    ATK 164

AVG: 36.4

Minutes*2

Base stats:
    STR 35+7
    ATK 276

AVG: 38.4

Etudes*2

Baset stats:

STR 35+34
    ATK 177

AVG: 59.8

Even though it's just a very small sample, I think the results speak for themselves.

EDIT:

Went to double check INT and magic based spells, and it deffinatly effects them (Very easy to test since with threnody and fight EP-TW mobs, spells are very consistant damage). Magic ATK bonus from BLM sub also effects magic based spells. About to test magic ATK bonus + physical magic.

1 INT/STR seems to be +1 damage, but the physical damage spells have a different formula seeing as theyir damage is scatered where as magic damage is very consistant (When not resisted)....just like normal physical attacks and magic spells.

+Magic ATK bonus does not effect physical based spells.

As /BLM, average foot kick on TW bats: 65
    /WAR on the same bats: 64.5

Soooo, anything else need to be tested? Other then +ACC, since that's like impossible to test (Though I'm under the belief it does effect it, seen by the screenshots in one of my previous posts).

Blue Mage is too much fucking inventory.

EDIT again:

I remember somebody saying before that /NIN added an extra hit to spells like it did to WS, that also isn't true.

/BLM damage: 62.4 average
    /NIN DW damage: 66.4 average

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nice research.

Pic of a SA + Mandibular bite I did today on an IT spider:

I noticed something interesting with Chain Affinity. It DOES work even though you don't have 100TP (purpose of Chain Affinity isn't ONLY to SC, it also makes the physical spell work like a WS with TP modifiers). I was using it alot with Smite of Rage first. SA + SR kinda sucked, 80-120 dmg. Then I tried having 80-150TP and using Chain Affintiy on top. Damage went from 120-250. A few close to 300. All on exp mobs of course. Uppercut seemed to really suck no matter how much TP I got though.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Don't think I've seen it discussed anywhere yet, but I'm curious as to what the different colors on the spell menu signify. For the first 10-15 levels, there were only purple boxes. Shortly thereafter, I started seeing gold boxes as well. Just recently after hitting 30 or so, I'm seeing blue boxes.

When I first saw gold boxes, I started messing around with the spells that I had equipped, and the number of gold boxes was changing. Has anyone figured out what these might be yet?

Boxes indicate, as many other posts say, and even the description in the menu, which slots you have available at which level. This is handy for when you're Lv75, about to enter a 40 cap zone for example - you can see exactly how many slots you'll have available.