BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

e

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

All my tests regarding BLU so as not to have to dig through a 14 page thread:

ACC TEST

V.s. Leshy in Meadows as a 37 BLU (IT mobs), with capped sword merits.

No equipment equiped except for Sword (Centriun's Sword, +3 ACC total)
    Mob Check: IT, High Evasion
    Accuracy Percent out of 50 Foot Kicks: 20%

Peacock Charm, Battle Gloves, Jaeger Ring (With ACC from sword, +20 ACC Total)
    Mob Check: IT, nothing
    Accuracy Perecent out of 50 Foot Kicks: 52%

Previous Equipment Setup, Soulvoice Madrigal*2 (+Shit ton of ACC)
    Mob Check: IT, Low Evasion
    Accuracy Percent out of 20 kicks: 95% (I wasn't able to do more do to the fact they were kicking the bard's ass without Ballads)

Conclusion: +ACC raising Accuracy of Physical Based BLU magic spells

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Dunno if this was mentioned earlier but a friend told me that you can have 75 job in pt with a low lvl Blu and still learn a magic. He says that you don't need to get xp from the mob as long as you are in lvl range to get xp normally.

This would be really helpful with a high lvl Bst or /Bst job charming mobs and attacking them on eachother without the danger of dying.

As long as the monster is possible to give xp, you can learn.

You can learn Pollen at 75 from a level 1 bee in saruta.

The only things you can't lerarn from are things that are impossible to get exp from, such as CFH mobs, Dynamis mobs, etc.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Your skill with the weapon (which is related to ACC of course), also affects PHYS. Blue Magic. I've accidentally left my elemental staves on and I miss my Bludgeons, Smites, Claw Cyclones, Jet Streams, whatever... like 99% of the time. BLU/NIN has ZERO Staff skill FYI.

This would be really helpful with a high lvl Bst or /Bst job charming mobs and attacking them on eachother without the danger of dying.
    I doubt this very much. If the game is setup to give you the spell as long as the mob is 'able' to give SOMEone exp (for example, not CFH'd) then most likely it wont give xp if its been used as a BST pet. Perhaps if you charmed another mob and used it to feet TP, but most definitely not if you charmed the mob itself til it had 100+ TP.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    Boxes indicate, as many other posts say, and even the description in the menu, which slots you have available at which level. This is handy for when you're Lv75, about to enter a 40 cap zone for example - you can see exactly how many slots you'll have available.
    Thanks, usually don't read the top bar nowadays. =)

Okay, my BLU is only 13, so I haven't been able to put a lot of this into testing myself, but I'm fairly logical, so I'm gonna put up my ideas for general consumption and see how it's recieved.

Time for a lot of theoycrafting...

First off is Azure Lore.

What I know (have tested):
    Mind does affect how much Pollen heals.
    Blue Magic Skill does not affect how much Pollen heals.
    Azure Lore does not affect how much Pollen heals.

What is theorized (I have not tested it):
    Blue Magic Skill increases your chance to learn an ability from a mob.
    Blue Magic Skill increases your accuracy with blue magic spells.
    Azure Lore increases your chance to learn an ability from a mob.
    Azure Lore increases your accuracy with blue magic spells.

My point of all this is I theorize that Azure Lore gives an unlisted increase to your Blue Magic Skill. This would explain the increase in accuracy of spells, along with the possible increased learning. I know it does not give a listed bonus, because I checked one time after coming up with this idea.

More theory (and this one will probably never be able to be proven) is that since it's a 2 hour and only lasts for a very short time it gives a % based bonus, thus allowing it to be highly useful in endgame.

I have some ideas about "builds" for BLUs we can expect to see, but until I have time to put my thoughts together and get a little more info, it'll have to wait.

Final thing...
    What, other than Blue Magic Skill (I suppose...) will increase accuracy of blue magic spells with the magical tag (i.e. Sandspin or Blastbomb)? Is it just INT, or maybe INT or MND depending on the spell? Obviously magic accuracy stat will, but there should an actual stat that increases it. Anyone know?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I'd like to point out that...

While I was waiting on a friend, and poke a bugard trying to learn aweful eye from them... my friend got the spell 1/1 (I got it later after like 6 kills from a gigantobugard he tanked for me later on his Lv75 nin)

1. He was not near me when the bugard used awful eye but in the PT
    2. He never even got to engage/attack the bugard before it died.
    3. He learned awful eye without using any Blue magic spells, and I didn't learn it when I was the one that fought it 100%.

I thought of this as very strange... but it happened.. and I was like wtf!?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Not sure if it's been posted here already, but has anyone else had the problem of your invisible going off whenever you set your blue magic?

I was setting my blue magic while going to the camp spot so I dont have to wait an extra minute after I get there. All of a sudden, I get attacked by a beetle then a exoray aggros since it was near me. To make a long story short, my PT wipes. I go back up my log to see if there was any warning before invisible wore off but I couldnt find anything. Invisible just wore off without any warning.

After the PT, I did tonko and then reset my blue magic to see if that was the cause and as soon as i changed something my invisible wore off. So just a warning to you guys, do not change your blue magic while invisible or you will aggro mobs and possibly get your PT killed.

how did you manage to kill your party by agroing some beetle and an exoray?

you train your own group after agroing a bunch of mobs? lol

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    how did you manage to kill your party by agroing some beetle and an exoray?

you train your own group after agroing a bunch of mobs? lol

I didnt want to get into details but most of my PT members had already gone to the camp while it was just me and the rdm. There was a water elemental there so i tried to bring the mobs closer to the PT members but died before I got to them. Then the rdm died so it was 1 blu, 1 cor, 1 brd vs 1 exoray and 1 beetle. The other blu didnt have sneak oil so he couldnt go help. It was just a huge mess that could've been avoided if my invisible didnt wear off.

Oh, and to answer your question, the rdm and brd tried to sleep them so they already had hate and I wouldnt consider bringing 2 mobs "training on my group". besides, that's not the point of my post.

A static of Priceless members on Siren (you'd all know them as Lovehame, the Ballista champions) just hit 74 on all of the expansion jobs. 2 BLUs, 1COR, 1 PUP. Yeah...they're insane.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    A static of Priceless members on Siren (you'd all know them as Lovehame, the Ballista champions) just hit 74 on all of the expansion jobs. 2 BLUs, 1COR, 1 PUP. Yeah...they're insane.
    Are you friends with them? Have you been able to see them use any of the 70+ blue magic? I'm really interested in anything you might know about their effectiveness, etc. Please share if you find out anything. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    Are you friends with them? Have you been able to see them use any of the 70+ blue magic? I'm really interested in anything you might know about their effectiveness, etc. Please share if you find out anything. Thanks in advance.
    Well I was EXPing in Bhaflau tickets with them (next to them not in the same PT), saw a couple Disseverments, which did in the 600's, couple of Frenetic Rips (new IMP move), which did in the 400-500s. They were spamming a whole bunch of shit, Vorpal Blade all of the time too. Even though they're really rich and good, some of their gear was kinda lucklaster, dunno why. NQ Amemet on the COR, Greed Scimitar @74 (wtf?)Guess they spent all of their gil on Meds for Ballista. Here's some pics of them in Arrapago Reef. It was a 6 man static, other two members were PLD/NIN + RDM.

You guys thought you had Haijin.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9...shaijin6ul.png

Jeez, 75 already, eh?

Cue the "no-life" posts. Congrats to them, and hopefully we can get some good insight into the effectiveness of these jobs endgame.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Well I was EXPing in Bhaflau tickets with them (next to them not in the same PT), saw a couple Disseverments, which did in the 600's, couple of Frenetic Rips (new IMP move), which did in the 400-500s. They were spamming a whole bunch of shit, Vorpal Blade all of the time too. Even though they're really rich and good, some of their gear was kinda lucklaster, dunno why. NQ Amemet on the COR, Greed Scimitar @74 (wtf?)Guess they spent all of their gil on Meds for Ballista. Here's some pics of them in Arrapago Reef. It was a 6 man static, other two members were PLD/NIN + RDM.

That's a static group right there in that screenshot because look at the locations of each player and also the names, 1) all JP and 2) all 4 are in the Reef!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusin

That's a static group right there in that screenshot because look at the locations of each player and also the names, 1) all JP and 2) all 4 are in the Reef!
    When I see posts I only look at the pictures too, reading is overrated

LMAO. I don't think I could have mentioned static more times in that.

P.S. When are you coming back Raineer, you're gonna miss out on all our Shura Feet.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah but in that pic you're reading the words in the pic LMAO