This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    Finding:

BLU 1000 needles didnt destroy my Utsusemi
    Ok im going back to this. Why does 1000 needles get completely blocked by Utsusemi? Is it just cause it is listed as a physical attack? There went my Ballista fun lol
    Just subjob White Mage; Diaga > 1000 needles.

yeah but thats just not fun lol. plus you dont want to dot people when you have people constantly being slept. 1000 Needles isnt even that practical...its just funny to use on a couple of people fighting someone else lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level

yeah but thats just not fun lol. plus you dont want to dot people when you have people constantly being slept. 1000 Needles isnt even that practical...its just funny to use on a couple of people fighting someone else lol.
    Hmm as a BRD I just use Horde Lullaby to wipe shadows lol... just as fast really and does not DoT. Oh and if you sub BRD and horde and it gets resisted it still wipes shadows.

Im reading another post about 1000 Needles and It just seems to suck more and more >.<;;

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm seriously not going to even think about using 1k needles when I could just do frenetic rip and disservement for just as much dmg and a fraction of the mp cost.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Flux, when you quit, can you take Trinitee with you please.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If people start bitching back and forth Im going to start killing.

Who cares about Pollen... it is nothing more then Cure 1 with a principle cap of 30 and only for me myself, and I healing. Healing breeze isnt much better....a gimp Curaga with a principle cap of 60. Given at lower lvls it works, but we all know 90% of us atleast are more interested in the End Game Application of the job.
    yeah, pollen sux at higher level, but healing breeze doesn't. The cap is definitely more than 60, and it's affected alot by MND.

I tested myself as brd/blu16 (gimp sj), 55 +33 mnd (in only 3 equips lol) and gotten 152 hp healed, that's without apollo staff. Apollo staff works with healing breeze, my friend tested it. I don't know why it affect the wind based magic, but I assume it's the cure+10% that affect it, since it seems that it gives 10% bonus instead of 15%. Austere staff might give 15% bonus, need more testing on this.

As for the cap itself, I'm not too sure myself, but the highest I've seen is 198 hp healed, and that sounds like 180+18 to me. Someone with mnk chi blaster should test this out with brd's soul voice etude, and tell us the cap >_>

healing breeze: 55 mp for 200 hp healed
    curaga 1: 60 mp for 100 hp healed
    curaga 2: 120 mp for 200 hp healed

sounds like a new sub for brd, no? o.O

yes BLU will hopefully be a very viable subjob for lots of Main jobs eventually.

Only obvious drawback allbeit minor, is that Healingbreeze can only target yourself for the radius, as opposed to casting it "on" someone from a distance.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kazen
    Finding:

Ok im going back to this. Why does 1000 needles get completely blocked by Utsusemi? Is it just cause it is listed as a physical attack? There went my Ballista fun lol

Missunderstanding. A Blue Mamool used 1000 Needle on my NIN. I got 250 dmg (3 other ppl) but my Utsusemi was not harmed. Opposed to cactuars where it completly destroys Utsusemi without lessening any damage

I want to tank things on WHM/BLU! Cocoon up foor 600+DEF then get hate by spamming healing breeze!

if you got no Paladins present for a Byakko fight, a WAR/BLU would be nice for tanking Byakko, I was able to tank up to 869 defense as war/blu11.

Yeah it was defender, pro4, taco, and cocoon. Cocoon has a several second recast, just thinking how recasting of it would be handled by a WAR/BLU while tanking byakko... would probably have to wait for him to be stunned while hes casting banishga or something.

Bluemage would also make a very good lower level sub for warrior, especially while using the great axe, and added defense from cocoon.

Would replace the War/MNK avenue likely.

E. Body
    BG Level

Finding:

Missunderstanding. A Blue Mamool used 1000 Needle on my NIN. I got 250 dmg (3 other ppl) but my Utsusemi was not harmed. Opposed to cactuars where it completly destroys Utsusemi without lessening any damage

I want to tank things on WHM/BLU! Cocoon up foor 600+DEF then get hate by spamming healing breeze!
    Defense does nothing endgame and healing breeze cast time is so long you'll never get it off, ever.

whm/nin for tanking onry!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Finding:

Defense does nothing endgame and healing breeze cast time is so long you'll never get it off, ever.

yeah so all that koenig you PLDs are looking at? worthless looooool

E. Body
    BG Level

[quote=Dezzimal]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lyramion":9a2a3
    Finding:

yeah so all that koenig you PLDs are looking at? worthless looooool[/quote:9a2a3]

loooool? koenig body is e-peen and doesnt stop you from getting beat in the face, even when you have like +80 VIT and all that defense. I could get 999 defense with every known buff in the game and it wouldn't do shit.

This is why people blink tank. Welcome to FFXI, enjoy your stay.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

[quote=Dezzimal]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lyramion":2ccc2
    Finding:

yeah so all that koenig you PLDs are looking at? worthless looooool[/quote:2ccc2]

Yup.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

there may or may not have been sarcasm in my post.

there may or may not be sarcasm in this post as well.

Am I incorrect in that defense and VIT play a similar role in reducing damage as compared to:

Attack and STR in dealing damage? are they not similar in how they affect damage received and dealt?

I know both attack and STR have caps depending on the target, so I would assume same goes for Defense and VIT depending on the target attacking you.

so I doubt having 800+ defense would be identical to having like 500 defense in an endgame tanking scenario.

or am I way out in left field on this relation?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

[quote=Krandor][quote=Dezzimal]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Excalin Garisk":35d55
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lyramion":35d55
    Finding:

yeah so all that koenig you PLDs are looking at? worthless looooool[/quote:35d55]

Yup.[/quote:35d55]

Statwise you wear Koenig Body for the uber +60 HP it has

[quote=Lyramion][quote=Krandor][quote=Dezzimal]
    Quote Originally Posted by "kazen":19482
    Quote Originally Posted by "Excalin Garisk":19482
    Quote Originally Posted by "Lyramion":19482
    Finding:

yeah so all that koenig you PLDs are looking at? worthless looooool[/quote:19482]

Yup.[/quote:19482]

Statwise you wear Koenig Body for the uber +60 HP it has[/quote:19482]

Statwise we should all be wearing darksteel +1 but it's fucking ugly so we go with the Western knight getup.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

LOL Darksteel+1

hey don't underestimate darksteel+1, its the red-headed stepchild to Koenig.

ugly, annoying, but still part of the family.. this sound familiar to some? lol