Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 649 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
    Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    Now pull up your pants bitch, I'm done raping you.
    Rape is when you give, not receive . Nynja has an attitude problem but he's almost always right, and his information is almost always useful. If you want him to post more useful stuff, stop being a retard and giving him reason to post flames. It's retards like you that cause the problems.
    How can he be right when he never fucking posts anything?

He never adds anything to the conversation. Every post I read from him is either a flame or a sarcastic remark.

He contributes nothing useful other than something to laugh at/with...

And Nynja:

It has less to do with my penis and more to do with the 2L coke bottle you have shoved up your ass when you sleep.

Your anus is so loose you crap sideways.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ya ok there Quizno, I'm not the one whos name is a fucking restaurant...

I'm glad your 1liners are so unique. How long ago did I hear the coke bottle thing ?? Oh, like 10 years ago.

How the fuck are you going to know what my posts are when you're some faggot 48 post alla/KI defector who's been here for what, 3 weeks ?? Nigga plz. You dont know shit. You rolled in here on the same boat as Tidusin, the DRK32 asking on the endgame LS's msgboards how to fish.

You're way up in over your head son.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Ya ok there Quizno, I'm not the one whos name is a fucking restaurant....
    Nope you named yourself after an advanced job instead... except you were probably beat to the punch by some other idiot who grabbed Ninja before you did. I bet you have to create a character named Whytemage too. Man you making fun of the origins of someone elses name is hot shit.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

1. nynja

n. someone from the New York-New Jersey area. (ie. N.Y.N.J.A.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nynja

only someone from jersey would be able to post this lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Back on track now...

Before this thread degrades (it was once really informational and useful), let me try to bring it back to the point at hand--BLU findings.

Magic Fruit

Just acquired it and with a 72 MP cost with a recast of 4-5 seconds (cast time is 1 second), it is a quick Cure IV of sorts. It healed 298 HP (I'm level 61 BLU/NIN Elvaan with melee gear). You can also heal others in your PT. This seems incredibly useful, both in support-melee and tank class situations.

Death Scissors
    Dimensional Death

Both of these seem to do crazy damage on easier mobs, so it's good for soloing easy mobs. I've done 600-800 DMG on EP-DC mobs without using CA+TP. On XP level mobs (VT-IT), I would recommend you stick to Bludgeon and Smite of Rage for the MP cost. Bludgeon does about 75% of the damage that these two new BLU spells do, at about a fraction of the cost. Anyone else find that Jet Stream is still consistently great damage?

Bad Breath

At 212 MP cost and a long cast time, I think it's utterly useless unless maybe in Ballista?????? If anyone can think of how 212 MP is worth this, let me know.

Light of Penance

LoL. Resist. Resist. Resist. On XP Mobs at least.

At level 60+ (unless you're merited), I find that going to VT+-IT- areas are the best options for a BLU to XP. Do fast chains melee-burn style spamming Vorpal Blade seemed to do quite effective damage. You can pump up the damage on high chains by spamming spells, but sword seems sufficient to keep me up to par on the parser. Healing Breeze still owns at 120+ HP healing per member within radius, and BLU/NIN's can tank quite well after grabbing hate from the AOE Curaga effect. Give it a shot. We were chaining raptors in Uleguerand Range at 61 for about 8k an hour XP, in a pickup PT.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

No one cares about rapings that may or may not have occured. No one cares how many posts you've made if you're not contributing. No one cares about PLDs getting Koenig or not (at least on this thread).

Get this shit back on topic.

Also, I was goofing around in Dynamis-Xarc the other night as SAM75/BLU31. Since I have to call, the extra defense boost from Cocoon was nice. Some findings were:
    Healing Breeze - Was healing for 140-170, each person. Keep in mind that I'm Elvaan.
    Sandspin - Pretty much always hit, and I think the Acc- was proc'ing all the time. Only saw it wear a couple times.
    Head Butt - Got resisted a lot, didn't proc a lot, but it did proc on the MNK NM ({Huh?!}) when he was in 2hr.
    Sheep Song - Got resisted sometimes, but also slept some mobs.
    Bludgeon - Was doing ~20-30 on NQ mobs.
    Bomb Toss - Sucked.

Didn't have access to Chaotic Eye yet, so couldn't test the silence effect.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    Ya ok there Quizno, I'm not the one whos name is a fucking restaurant....
    Nope you named yourself after an advanced job instead... except you were probably beat to the punch by some other idiot who grabbed Ninja before you did. I bet you have to create a character named Whytemage too. Man you making fun of the origins of someone elses name is hot shit.
    Actually I've used the name Nynja for like 7 years, back when I played CS. Long before FFXI was even in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshot
    Also, I was goofing around in Dynamis-Xarc the other night as SAM75/BLU31. Since I have to call, the extra defense boost from Cocoon was nice. Some findings were:
    Healing Breeze - Was healing for 140-170, each person. Keep in mind that I'm Elvaan.
    Thats interesting. HB was capped at 60 for me and all the other BLU I partied with for a long time and then last night I noticed it had gone up to 64. I never tried it as a SJ, good to know it can get better.

Maybe they programmed the cap for HB to be relative to your main-job level? Just a thought, and a good once since it's one of the few healing spells BLUs get.

And have we actually gotten a conclusive answer about 1,000 needles?

Healing Breeze - WHM75/BLU37

WHM on Diabolos here.

I've tested Healing Breeze as a WHM75/BLU37 and it is incredible (if sadly only for Healing Breeze). With Apollo's Staff, Noble's Tunic and roughly 74 + 40 MND, Healing Breeze was curing for 225 HP for 55 MP. As a comparision, that's a Curaga II for HALF the MP!!! Or that's 1350 HP (225 x 6) for 55MP!!! That's pretty amazing.

When I do Puk Melee Spam parties, I never run out of MP even without a refresh (granted I can't haste everyone though). With a good refresh, I could haste, Healing Breeze and even help pull.

I haven't tested Austere's Staff yet, though I don't think it will be better than Apollo's.

On another note, BLU sadly is not the sub I had hoped for. You miss out on auto-refresh or conserve MP and the only spell worth casting is Healing Breeze. Your MP base is slighly lower than SMN. Your HP base is slightly higher. And your MND is at most boosted by 4 points.

I still use BLU for fun just to mess with my HMNLS mates. They cringe when they see me use Cocoon (which isn't very helpful either since our tanks are good at holding hate and I have quite a few -enmity items). In the long run, I still prefer other subs. But I guess having one more to mess around with (especially in XP) isn't so bad.

ShezTek

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: Healing Breeze - WHM75/BLU37

Quote Originally Posted by Sheztek
    WHM on Diabolos here.

I've tested Healing Breeze as a WHM75/BLU37 and it is incredible (if sadly only for Healing Breeze). With Apollo's Staff, Noble's Tunic and roughly 74 + 40 MND, Healing Breeze was curing for 225 HP for 55 MP. As a comparision, that's a Curaga II for HALF the MP!!! Or that's 1350 HP (225 x 6) for 55MP!!! That's pretty amazing.

When I do Puk Melee Spam parties, I never run out of MP even without a refresh (granted I can't haste everyone though). With a good refresh, I could haste, Healing Breeze and even help pull.

I haven't tested Austere's Staff yet, though I don't think it will be better than Apollo's.

On another note, BLU sadly is not the sub I had hoped for. You miss out on auto-refresh or conserve MP and the only spell worth casting is Healing Breeze. Your MP base is slighly lower than SMN. Your HP base is slightly higher. And your MND is at most boosted by 4 points.

I still use BLU for fun just to mess with my HMNLS mates. They cringe when they see me use Cocoon (which isn't very helpful either since our tanks are good at holding hate and I have quite a few -enmity items). In the long run, I still prefer other subs. But I guess having one more to mess around with (especially in XP) isn't so bad.

ShezTek
    Slightly off topic, but have you tried subbing Corsair as WHM? I would think that with Corsair's Roll, it would be a nice bonus altogether XP wise in a merit PT?

Slightly off topic, but have you tried subbing Corsair as WHM? I would think that with Corsair's Roll, it would be a nice bonus altogether XP wise in a merit PT?
    I've considered it. (I've leveled my Corsair up to lvl 5 just to try it out). But I think that would be more interesting for a BRD or maybe a RDM to sub Corsair.

We'll see when I get my Corsair higher or if I get bored with BLU sub. Right now though, when I get invited to a spam party, people ask for my BLU sub.

Also, I know rolls are gimped as a sub... but I haven't experimented with how much it's gimped. Honestly I just haven't played with COR sub too much.

Black Belt
    BG Level

But I think that would be more interesting for a BRD or maybe a RDM to sub Corsair.
    BRD/COR can only do 1 song if they roll, it's in the release notes.

and RDM loses a lot more utility spells than WHM does if they sub COR.

Oh I didn't know about this song/roll thing on a bard.
    on puks RDM don't need to do anything but cure, sleep, haste and refresh. And the curing is very very minimal.

But I do think as a WHM or RDM, COR sub can work. But I think healing breeze for 55MP and a total of 1350HP gain is too valuable in a spam party. Makes chains easier to keep and things running smoothly. Next time I do a spam party, I'll try COR just for the hell of it. I can easily run back to the staging point and change subs if I need to.

(Um, yeah I guess this is getting off topic)...

Back on topic... Healing Breeze for xp/merit parties ftw!! :wink:

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Oh I didn't know about this song/roll thing on a bard.
    on puks RDM don't need to do anything but cure, sleep, haste and refresh. And the curing is very very minimal.

But I do think as a WHM or RDM, COR sub can work. But I think healing breeze for 55MP and a total of 1350HP gain is too valuable in a spam party. Makes chains easier to keep and things running smoothly. Next time I do a spam party, I'll try COR just for the hell of it. I can easily run back to the staging point and change subs if I need to.

(Um, yeah I guess this is getting off topic)...

Back on topic... Healing Breeze for xp/merit parties ftw!! :wink:
    /cor doesnt work, it's extremely gimped, worse than people subbing /brd.

I tested it with a monk, i did a decently good chaos roll, and his attack rose by a whopping 7.

Also I did the exp roll in a burn party, I got 1-3 exp more, even when i rolled good with 11 (yes, i know lack of cor = lack of better bonus). Tried evasion roll for nins, newp.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing to remember for spells getting resisted as BLU from 60 on is that those are the levels where +skill gear become vital to mage jobs. Until they release Blue Earring (35 +3 Blue Magic skill), Blue Torque (65 +7 Blue Magic Skill), Blue Mage Artifact and Relic (probably +15 skill on two different pieces), and other assorted skill gear- you are going to have about as easy time landing spells as a naked RDM trying to debuff an IT.

I seriously doubt that Square expected people to level the jobs this fast. (Because they don't seem to have a grasp on what their fan base wants.)

Quizno

Ya ok there Quizno, I'm not the one whos name is a fucking restaurant...

I'm glad your 1liners are so unique. How long ago did I hear the coke bottle thing ?? Oh, like 10 years ago.

How the fuck are you going to know what my posts are when you're some faggot 48 post alla/KI defector who's been here for what, 3 weeks ?? Nigga plz. You dont know shit. You rolled in here on the same boat as Tidusin, the DRK32 asking on the endgame LS's msgboards how to fish.

You're way up in over your head son.
    So people were telling you about your loose asshole 10 years ago? Why is this not a suprise to me.

Maybe you used to post useful information. For the past 2 months minimum you have posted junk. Maybe you have nothing left to contribute.

Did you really say "Nigga plz."? lmfao

Yeah I'm really in way over my head because I'm pissing in some e-thug's cherios. I can see why you would be upset since you are getting spanked on your "home turf"...deal with it bitch.

Considering the last two times I have posted you seem to have been camping my reply...I can only assume you will be the next person to post.

I am waiting on baited breath...."4rlz" as you would obviously say.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    One thing to remember for spells getting resisted as BLU from 60 on is that those are the levels where +skill gear become vital to mage jobs. Until they release Blue Earring (35 +3 Blue Magic skill), Blue Torque (65 +7 Blue Magic Skill), Blue Mage Artifact and Relic (probably +15 skill on two different pieces), and other assorted skill gear- you are going to have about as easy time landing spells as a naked RDM trying to debuff an IT.

I seriously doubt that Square expected people to level the jobs this fast. (Because they don't seem to have a grasp on what their fan base wants.)

I've actually been having better luck roughing up IT's than I expected.

Granted I'm still fairly low level, but I've had better luck than I did on other jobs prior to this.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Actually those physical spells are partially based on your actual accuracy. You dont necessarily have to believe me, but if I'm spamming foot kick and power attack to recap blue magic, then the worm uses sand spin, and all of a sudden I'm resisting left and right, it means something.

Have you ever seen a physical blue magic spell miss ??
    Bluemage uses Bludgeon but misses the mob.

I havent. I've lvled blu to 20, and I've never "missed" a physical spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    I'm a fucking retard, and you camp me
    I'm camping your reply ?? Yeah, ok there buddy. You arent worth the energy to hit my f5 button to see if you've answered.

New Merits
    BG Level

at least u won the pull

E. Body
    BG Level

To anybody not gimp and with radiant breath: USE HQ STAFF!

I cannot stress how much of an improvement an apollo staff makes on getting non-resisted radiant breath MB damage, its great.

fusion SC > equip staff and do breath = good damage.