BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 649 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Re: Testing Healing Breeze with Auster's Staff

Here are my Findings with Auster's staff versus Apollo's staff:

WHM75/BLU37 - Noble's Tunic, 110+ MND

With Auster's - 206 Max cure per person
    With Apollo's - 225 Max cure per person

Apollo's is the winner. Was pretty obvious that that was probably going to be the outcome due to the extra Cure percentage on Apollo's

I wonder now if Cure Clogs and Cure Cast affects the casting time of Healing Breeze..... That will have to be my next test.

ShezTek

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Fixed.

Dual Wielding Wise Wizard Anelace's owns.

ninja edit: I need to get radient breath btw. that sounds pretty hot. too bad it's a pain in the ass to get it. I fucking hate riverne. spent 4-5 hours just getting jettatura the other day so I had enough of that shithole.
    Just my curiousity, but since +att gives such a small benefit to spell damage (as show here), wouldn't it be better to go with something like twin Musketeer Commander's Falchions for additional accruacy?
    Physical spell damage is affected by ACC, and base stats like STR and possibly DEX. It is not affected by ATT whatsoever it seems, which could be a mistake or not. Regardless ATT on melee hits can really help your DoT. I dont see why people are ignoring the DoT of a job that stays engaged 100% of the time on a mob. It really seperates you from other BLUs.
    I'm not sure how you play blu, but a huge portion of my time is spent using magic. At the moment only a small percentage of my dmg is made with my sword. Perhaps this changes at higher levels. Time will tell for me.

Quizno

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSkye
    Is it easier to learn blue magic off Too Weak mobs?

I went to ruins, first cardian I fought (Too Weak) I fed it TP, it used Bludgeon and I learned it.

Same with Cocoon, I went outside right after learning Bludgeon and fed TP to a crawler, it used Cocoon, and I learned it (also TW)

Is this some wierd form of luck, or is it truely easier to learn off TW mobs?
    Spells like bludgeon would seem tough to learn off TW base on the fact that it would take forever for them to build tp =/

Just spam them with stone1.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Just spam them with stone1.
    spamming dia 1 for 1damage each is the winner :3

or you can get a group of them and spam dia-ga. the real winner.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Helping my friend learn Light of Penance last night was fucking horrible. Mobs that have a billion TP moves suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSkye
    Is it easier to learn blue magic off Too Weak mobs?

I went to ruins, first cardian I fought (Too Weak) I fed it TP, it used Bludgeon and I learned it.

Same with Cocoon, I went outside right after learning Bludgeon and fed TP to a crawler, it used Cocoon, and I learned it (also TW)

Is this some wierd form of luck, or is it truely easier to learn off TW mobs?
    Spells like bludgeon would seem tough to learn off TW base on the fact that it would take forever for them to build tp =/

I subbed MNK and used H2H (1 merit active) for 26 skill at L15. Two of the Threes were TW, I agroed all 3, meeled one down to 10%, switched to the other, got it to 10% etc. They were curing themselves so I hit them again when that happened... First 2 used Deal Out, and the third used Bludgeon, which I learned directly after.

Once you pass L30 and fight mobs that just went too weak they should WS once or twice before you kill them. If not, switch to a lower DMG sword or sub MNK and punch em D: Anyways I was just wodnering if anyone else had this happen, like, if they learned spells off Too Weak really easily, or if this incident I just had was my tier0 HQ luck going to waste.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Having someone with low club skill and Kraken Club smacking the mob worked the best for me. It would set off TP moves every 10-15 seconds.

That being said... anyone else having trouble getting Frenetic Rip, Spinal Cleave, Yawn, Feather Tickle, Voracious Trunk? The new ToAU area mobs intimidate me because I haven't much of a clue as to where I can go and what level these mobs are. If you have information on good areas to "farm" these blue spells, please reply. Thanks in advance.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    Having someone with low club skill and Kraken Club smacking the mob worked the best for me. It would set off TP moves every 10-15 seconds.

That being said... anyone else having trouble getting Frenetic Rip, Spinal Cleave, Yawn, Feather Tickle, Voracious Trunk? The new ToAU area mobs intimidate me because I haven't much of a clue as to where I can go and what level these mobs are. If you have information on good areas to "farm" these blue spells, please reply. Thanks in advance.
    I just learned frenetic rip with a help of a MNK75. I went to the west exit towards the grave where 3 orderly imps spawn. It took forever because they rarely, if ever, use frenetic rip unless they drop their horn.

If you dont have any high Lv help, then you can camp the boat at nighttime and DC imps @Lv60 spawn there. You can also fight EP akka...somethings for yawn there too(unless if your server is like mine, where people just randomly voke shit as soon as they pop for whatever reason.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Lotus Katana is a good TP builder also, thats what i've been using.

How many more levels of bludgeon being my best damage spell do I have to endure? Currently 28 (29 in around 20 mins though )

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Any high lvl Blue mages test nashira gear from Ultima to see if magic accuracy helps any at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    Any high lvl Blue mages test nashira gear from Ultima to see if magic accuracy helps any at all?
    You could test it as a sub job. I'm too lazy to bother. Elemental seal helps though, at least the non-physical spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    How many more levels of bludgeon being my best damage spell do I have to endure? Currently 28 (29 in around 20 mins though )
    Considering you can do over 200 damage with it for 16 mp... uh... the number of levels you're going to have to endure with it being your best damage spell? All of them.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

hmm true you could test it like that but I mean.. something like HNM an actual blu having max 276? skill using their spells on stuff, would nashira gear help on such stuff? Would it be better then just all out sushi+accuracy gear? Kinda curious on its HNM possiblities.

I've heard of people sj'ing it in dynamis and such, the physical damage seems... "decent" but nothing good, like any sj'ed think, its pretty gimped.
    Curious how well a blu can maybe debuff HNM if any, how well the damage is using various spells, testing with accuracy gear etc etc

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I just used Azure Lore + 1000 Needles on a mob that cons VT to level 75's (Grand Marid). It worked like a charm. I'm level 64.

It's not "oh wow amazing" but it does give BLU something at least at endgame if they want to blow their 2 hour? Just a finding for you all.

I wonder if Elemental Seal affects 1000 Needles? I'm highly doubtful, but that would in essence be 1000 damage every 15 minutes, unresisted (given there are no mobs in the area to get hit by AoE).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ES+ 1k needles does work, I've tried myself

Sea Torques
    BG Level

A friend says he read on a JP forum that you can get Auto-Refresh with these spells:

Frightful Roar, Self-Destruct, Light of Penance and Voracious Trunk.

Anyone high enough with these spells that can confirm?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

A BLU wanted to try 1000 Needles on Fafnir !

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    As for BLU 2hr...

YOU CAN CLICK OFF BLU 2HR in your statusbar

Azure Lolore
    So? You can click off Meikyo Shusui. I haven't tried with others. What's your point exactly?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

nvm then.. can you click off other 2hrs?