Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 644 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 12870
  1. #21
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,206
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    BLU gets beast killer @5
    I didn't have it at 10 :/ Friend said he had it, when I checked at level 10 I didn't yet. First showed up in my ability menu at 11. I never intimidated anything before that either.

  2. #22
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Hmm, about learning pollen when the bee never used it in the fight...
    When you fought bees before, did it ever use pollen? maybe you only need to witness the skill to learn it on all bees, not necessarily witness the skill on that particular bee?
    I suck at explaining things, so for example:
    Bee A uses pollen, you don't learn pollen, but you see it.
    Bee B uses nothing, you owned it.
    Bee C uses final sting, you learn pollen, because it is a bee and you've seen it use pollen before.

    I dunno, something to think about i guess

  3. #23
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,227
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?
    ...Square?
    Square said it didn't need to use the ability, I thought.

    Where did SE say it had to use it?

  4. #24
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,887
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?
    ...Square?
    Square said it didn't need to use the ability, I thought.

    Where did SE say it had to use it?
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...d3/detail.html

    "- You have a chance to acquire blue magic when defeating a monster that has used a learnable special ability."

    Though reading it again, it doesn't say the enemy specifically has to use the ability you want to learn just an ability (which would explain why people have learned Pollen from Bees using Final Sting).

  5. #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?
    ...Square?
    Square said it didn't need to use the ability, I thought.

    Where did SE say it had to use it?
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...d3/detail.html

    "- You have a chance to acquire blue magic when defeating a monster that has used a learnable special ability."

    Though reading it again, it doesn't say the enemy specifically has to use the ability you want to learn just an ability (which would explain why people have learned Pollen from Bees using Final Sting).
    kinda contradicted yourself there. i would have to agree with daton on this one

  6. #26
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    706
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?
    ...Square?
    Square said it didn't need to use the ability, I thought.

    Where did SE say it had to use it?
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update...d3/detail.html

    "- You have a chance to acquire blue magic when defeating a monster that has used a learnable special ability."

    Though reading it again, it doesn't say the enemy specifically has to use the ability you want to learn just an ability (which would explain why people have learned Pollen from Bees using Final Sting).
    kinda contradicted yourself there. i would have to agree with daton on this one
    I posted the same thing on my previous post but had to retract it because it made no sense....

  7. #27

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    BLU gets beast killer @5
    I didn't have it at 10 :/ Friend said he had it, when I checked at level 10 I didn't yet. First showed up in my ability menu at 11. I never intimidated anything before that either.
    My BLU is 18....and I dont have Beast Killer. I'm thinking a skill you equipped gave it to you. Check that out. Equip and unequip skills to see what is giving you that Beast Killer, because its not innate in all BLUs.

  8. #28
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    154
    BG Level
    3

    You get killer effects based on the spells you use in your list.

    BTW, cocoon owns.

  9. #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Toadicus
    You get killer effects based on the spells you use in your list.
    To build on that, more specifically if you have two abilities w/ similar race trait, you get the opposing killer effect. Friend has Wild Oats and Sprout Smack (both Plantoid). Taking either one out resulted in losing the Beast killer affect, only when both were left in, did he get it.

  10. #30
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    BLU gets beast killer @5
    I didn't have it at 10 :/ Friend said he had it, when I checked at level 10 I didn't yet. First showed up in my ability menu at 11. I never intimidated anything before that either.
    My BLU is 18....and I dont have Beast Killer. I'm thinking a skill you equipped gave it to you. Check that out. Equip and unequip skills to see what is giving you that Beast Killer, because its not innate in all BLUs.
    Probably right, I think its probably a combination of the way I equipped my skills. Heres what I had on at 8 (just assumed 5 because most jobs get a trait then).

    Pollen
    Sandspin
    Cocoon
    Sprout Smack
    Wild Oats
    Metallic Body


    What type of mob is strong against beasts? Maybe if you equip more than one kind of spell from that class of mob you get the killer effect.

  11. #31
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,022
    BG Level
    9

    What stat (do you think/are sure) BLU uses for it's spells? Mulitple? INT? CHR? MND?

  12. #32
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,725
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Cocoon's effectiveness is supposedly not tied to level/blue magic skill. Anyone sub BLU and try out Cocoon?

  13. #33
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Guide_FFXI.jpg

    here's the chart i used when lvling BST to see what species intimidates what. You can use the guide , im guessing to even get Dragon killer or Undead killer.

  14. #34
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Can you set spells on the field? If so whats the point of the whole setting spells business aside from annoyance, stats, and killer effects

  15. #35
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Can you set spells on the field? If so whats the point of the whole setting spells business aside from annoyance, stats, and killer effects
    Need to set them to use them.

    -3 Points of respect for max

    I'm pretty sure pollen is based directly off a base stat. Just have to figure out which.

  16. #36
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Can you set spells on the field? If so whats the point of the whole setting spells business aside from annoyance, stats, and killer effects
    Need to set them to use them.

    -3 Points of respect for max
    I'm thinking from a game design perspective actually, whats the point of all this setting business if you can set on the field, switching spells as you need them instead of preparing ahead and 'building' a BLU.

  17. #37
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Can you set spells on the field? If so whats the point of the whole setting spells business aside from annoyance, stats, and killer effects
    Need to set them to use them.

    -3 Points of respect for max
    I'm thinking from a game design perspective actually, whats the point of all this setting business if you can set on the field, switching spells as you need them instead of preparing ahead and 'building' a BLU.
    If you had access to all of them at the same time, you'd be the equivalent of BRDBLMWARSMNMNKDRKNINWHMRDM75.

    Get the point?

    Also to allow you to equip new spells as soon as you get them too, I assume.

  18. #38
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,898
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    If you had access to all of them at the same time, you'd be the equivalent of BRDBLMWARSMNMNKDRKNINWHMRDM75.

    Get the point?
    But how do you NOT have access to them all if you can set them on the field...

  19. #39

    Its a limitation.

    Having the entire access of those spells could quite easily be overpowering, for reasons we can only speculate for the time being.



    btw, my own finding. Crabs in gustaberg are stingy ;; Out of hours of fighting, only ~10 have used metallic body, and I've never learned it



    /fume

  20. #40
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    If you had access to all of them at the same time, you'd be the equivalent of BRDBLMWARSMNMNKDRKNINWHMRDM75.

    Get the point?
    But how do you NOT have access to them all if you can set them on the field...
    1 minute cooldown on all spells when you change them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Best overall DEF down spell? (Blue Mage)
    By Yvonne in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-12-23, 20:48
  2. Blue Mage Compendium Thread
    By ½pint in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-06-29, 15:25
  3. Ninja is the best job ever.
    By Genosync in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 2005-07-08, 15:03
  4. Dragoon is the best job ever.
    By macbain24 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2005-07-06, 18:18