Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 649 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    A Garuda's Predator Claws has the same type of TP gain that Disseverment/Rip does, for both the Garuda using the Bloodpact, and the mob receiving the damage.
    Bloodpacts give 0TP to the mob.
    hmmm..... my bloodpacts give monsters tp

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Also, the amount it cures for has nothing to do with blue magic skill. It goes up a signifcant portion when you level because its based off that, I think, like Healing Ruby 2. Pumped a few merits into Blue Magic Skill and noticed no increase at all.
    Query: Have you tested the effect that MND has on this? MND did increase the potency of Pollen (yeah, I'm a lowbie BLU and haven't even gotten Healing Breeze yet...) so I figure it's a decent possibility that it will affect Magic Fruit.

Another possible thought is that the spell has a soft cap which is dictated by your level, hence why it seems to go up at the level up. If the amount healed is modified by your MND, and you are way above cap, when you level up, it just fills up the amount healed a little more. If I were a high level BLU, I would equip a level 1 subjob, with minimal amount of MND and then test it out, and slowly increase my MND stat through gear and spells equipped and see if Magic Fruit's healing went up.
    Mnd is also a factor. And it could very well be a soft cap dictated by level, and thats why it increases.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    A Garuda's Predator Claws has the same type of TP gain that Disseverment/Rip does, for both the Garuda using the Bloodpact, and the mob receiving the damage.
    Unless the latest "several issues will be addressed" changed it, you're the only one that gives TP.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Airshort7
    What I really want to know is how people are doing barrage/disseverment for 800-1k dmg on Lesser Colibri? Must be chain affinity'd?
    800-1k on an easy prey mob is pretty normal with disseverment without chain affinity.
    Meh, I was gonna screenshot my shitty disseverment damage when I just did it for 900 on this Temple Bee (lol camping thf knife) = =

About MND effecting Magic Fruit.

1 MND = +3 hp to Magic Fruit.

I still haven't found the cap to magic fruit yet but I can do 390 Magic Fruits while subbing ninja with my mnd gear equip.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Magic Fruit has an INSANE casting range. Havent tested yet, but I cant tell you the number of times that ive started casting on someone at a fair distance, and had them run away to pull/for another mob. Thought to myself "fuck.." and the cast still went through even though theyre so far away I can barely read their name.

Short version: Confirmed that it has a longer normal cast range then cure, and that it doesnt get interupted with distance. Aka: Godly for kiting.
    Just verified this. Started casting spell at 21.0 distance, while target was running away from me. Tested a few times in similar situations, and can verify that distance doesn't interrupt the spell... Good find.

Edit: tried again starting at 24.9 (seems to be max casting), and still worked every time.
    Yeah thats gotta be it. I had that thing go off yesterday with someone @ 40 distance and around the corner in one of those tunnels in Thickets. It's probably a bug... Shhhhh!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Sorry if it was mention before, but does anyone knows if Anelace +1 any good for BLU?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How do you know this? Are you guessing? Or have you tested it with BST and normal mobs?

Every test that has been run thus far has returned the same data: 0 TP gained due to bloodpact physical attack. The older theories said SMN's shouldn't use Garuda's Predator Claws on HNM fights due to having 3x the TP gain than say Spinning Dive (single hitter). Following tests showed it made no difference.

My guess is you're guessing - I did the same once, but was proven wrong when others tested and I followed up. Try it out once with a BST - you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, to reiterate findings from earlier and to reply to some recent posts, Disseverment is piercing-type attack, so you will get higher damage figures on flying mobs such as the Temple Bee or Sea Puks. That might explain your 800+ from the Bee. Chain Affinity only affects the accuracy of Disseverment, so you can ideally hit the exact same DMG figures with or without CA(0-300% TP). Frenetic Rip, on the other hand, is visibly affected by the use of even a 12% CA, which boosts damage considerably.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Curious, to those BLU who main hand Martial Anelace...Has anyone tested to see if 0 TP = 100 TP when using Chain Affinity with this weapon in your main hand? If that's the case, self SC'ing would have a lot more merit.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

More like the Assault you stupidly hit beforehand does.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Cythe
    Curious, to those BLU who main hand Martial Anelace...Has anyone tested to see if 0 TP = 100 TP when using Chain Affinity with this weapon in your main hand? If that's the case, self SC'ing would have a lot more merit.
    The TP Bonus on Martial Anelace is not 100TP (i have no clue why I keep seeing that everywhere), but it's 50% more than your current TP

100TP = 150
    150 = 225
    200 = 300

So 0TP would be 0TP, you could test if 67 TP = 101 I guess, if 100 is a magic level then that might help.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

have you tested personally, or have known people who've tested and documented?

im not challenging you, but just wondering because of how widespread it has become that TP bonus = +100 TP , which is something ive just followed myself without thinking too much of it

i kinda hope what you said is true cause it gives me more reason not to get martial gun and just keep my coffinmaker

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

More like the Assault you stupidly hit beforehand does.
    This merited a RL LOL hahaha

I thought one of our paladins tested spirit's within when the martial weapons first came out and it was +100, but it's been a while. For BLU it really doesn't matter much. Sword weaponskills suck ass no matter how much TP you have.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I thought one of our paladins tested spirit's within when the martial weapons first came out and it was +100, but it's been a while. For BLU it really doesn't matter much. Sword weaponskills suck ass no matter how much TP you have.
    Maybe, but if you are subbing THF in a scenario, Savage Blade > SA Cannonball could be nice, considering Savage gets a bit more power behind it at higher TP, and if 0 did indeed = 100 TP, Cannonball would get a nice boost too, no?

If it's true it's 50% more than your current TP though, it's pretty much pointless.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

False.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    The TP Bonus on Martial Anelace is not 100TP (i have no clue why I keep seeing that everywhere), but it's 50% more than your current TP

100TP = 150
    150 = 225
    200 = 300

So 0TP would be 0TP, you could test if 67 TP = 101 I guess, if 100 is a magic level then that might help.
    Yes, I have tested it, and this is correct.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

100TP = 150
    150 = 225
    200 = 300

I guess that applies to all Martial weapons ??

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

100TP = 150
    150 = 225
    200 = 300

I guess that applies to all Martial weapons ??
    Couldn't tell ya, martial knife is very 'lol' but I actually could test it with energy drain, the MP stolen is very consistent.

RDM is my only 75 so I think I'm done at that point.

Spirits can be consistent unresistable high damage at 300 tp.
    Savage is apparently ok at 300
    Vorpal is quite good

Shut up and quitcherbitchin