Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 649 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cythe
    Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    I thought one of our paladins tested spirit's within when the martial weapons first came out and it was +100, but it's been a while. For BLU it really doesn't matter much. Sword weaponskills suck ass no matter how much TP you have.
    Maybe, but if you are subbing THF in a scenario, Savage Blade > SA Cannonball could be nice, considering Savage gets a bit more power behind it at higher TP, and if 0 did indeed = 100 TP, Cannonball would get a nice boost too, no?

If it's true it's 50% more than your current TP though, it's pretty much pointless.
    You're not hitting with the weapon, the martial bonus won't help any more than it would help an archery weaponskill. And the difference between a 150 tp savage blade and a 100 tp savage blade or even a 300/200 isn't worth the DOT or accuracy or whatever else you'd give up on a better sword..

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When I leveled into Vorpal on Blu I was doing about 400-500 at 100% tp on xp mobs. I'd say thats pretty freaking good, around the same my good Chain'd Death Scizors do.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

[quote="FFXIFlux"]Blah blah blah.[quote]

Have you ever, like, used a sword in this game before? Or just seen pictures of it maybe happening somewhere on another server? Because you seem pretty clueless about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    When I leveled into Vorpal on Blu I was doing about 400-500 at 100% tp on xp mobs. I'd say thats pretty freaking good, around the same my good Chain'd Death Scizors do.
    Same, 400-450 vorpal wasn't uncommon, meanwhile, the COR in the party has been slugging for twice that for 15 levels... and I can break 1k with blade: jin but warriors piss all over that with their rampages. Vorpal/Savage is the weakest top weaponskill available to any job in the game excepting maybe BLM and SMN, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spirit Taker and Retribution beat Vorpal either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke
    Blah blah blah.

Have you ever, like, used a sword in this game before? Or just seen pictures of it maybe happening somewhere on another server? Because you seem pretty clueless about it.
    Have you ever, like, posted a number to argue with or do you just call people stupid with no evidence? From what you've posted I'm guessing you think Savage Blade beats Asuran Fist, Rampage, Slug Shot, Evisceration, Hexa Strike, Blade: Jin, etc. which fankly makes you the biggest fucking idiot to have posted on BG boards. Congratulations.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same, 400-450 vorpal wasn't uncommon, meanwhile, the COR in the party has been slugging for twice that for 15 levels...
    COR get slug shot at 45?

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Have you ever, like, posted a number to argue with or do you just call people stupid with no evidence? From what you've posted I'm guessing you think Savage Blade beats Asuran Fist, Rampage, Slug Shot, Evisceration, Hexa Strike, Blade: Jin, etc. which fankly makes you the biggest fucking idiot to have posted on BG boards. Congratulations.
    500g to the first person to spot the irony in this post.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hiruke
    Blah blah blah.

Erm, are you forgetting Vorpal blade? I know people who do like 1k+ vorpals (ridill WARs, etc).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've seen Savage breaks 2k dmg on xp mobs in sky. I dont think I ever did that with rampage on xp mobs.

[quote=Not Kuno]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Not Kuno":82e6b
    Same, 400-450 vorpal wasn't uncommon, meanwhile, the COR in the party has been slugging for twice that for 15 levels...
    COR get slug shot at 45?[/quote:82e6b]

I do about 450ish vorpal at 75. I wasn't doing consistant 500 vorpal with 300 TP doing Chigoes while leveling, so I'd Spirits Within.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Same, 400-450 vorpal wasn't uncommon, meanwhile, the COR in the party has been slugging for twice that for 15 levels... and I can break 1k with blade: jin but warriors piss all over that with their rampages. Vorpal/Savage is the weakest top weaponskill available to any job in the game excepting maybe BLM and SMN, but I wouldn't be surprised if Spirit Taker and Retribution beat Vorpal either.
    You're right, Vorpal Blade is a piece of shit WS.

Tell that to the war/nin's who use Ridill/Joyeuse. You are a fucking retard, please go choke on your own shit.
    thank you,
    The Entire Planet

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    I've seen Savage breaks 2k dmg on xp mobs in sky. I dont think I ever did that with rampage on xp mobs.
    With 2h? With 300TP? I asume so and that's reason enough Vorpal is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Erm, are you forgetting Vorpal blade? I know people who do like 1k+ vorpals (ridill WARs, etc).
    Exactly, cause they are warriors. They have NIN sub (so 5 hits instead of 4). They can easily get 15-20% Double Attack, they have Berserk, they have Aggressor. I havn't use Ridill/Joy much lately cause I don't really think it's any better then axe/ridill but I remember in sky when I was doing 500-1200. A BLU will never reach those numbers cause we need to pick our sub job. We can't get everything a WAR has. And also, a WAR has access to tons of better WS gear (hecatomb mostly).

Did you have BRD? What did the mob conc? I was doing 200-550 on raports in Kuftal with a BRD when leveled into it and I had 8 merits in sword. Yes, my gear was top notch.

My Vorpals do about 400-600 with BLU/NIN sub in endgame exp. I have to agree with Flux on this one.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Did you have BRD? What did the mob conc? I was doing 200-550 on raports in Kuftal with a BRD when leveled into it and I had 8 merits in sword. Yes, my gear was top notch.

My Vorpals do about 400-600 with BLU/NIN sub in endgame exp. I have to agree with Flux on this one.
    I did have a brd, but I was getting Ballad x2. No cor or anything else either. The mob was either VT or IT. It was a BG pt so I can get a few people to verify the dmg for me cause I was pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Tell that to the war/nin's who use Ridill/Joyeuse. You are a fucking retard, please go choke on your own shit.
    thank you,
    The Entire Planet
    We have, what, half a dozen or more WARs in our linkshell with Ridill Nynja? Please tell them how you know the job they're playing better than them since they all use axe/ridill. And you learned this on your ridill-less thief of course.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

thank you,
    The Entire Planet
    We have, what, half a dozen or more WARs in our linkshell with Ridill Nynja? Please tell them how you know the job they're playing better than them since they all use axe/ridill. :roll: And you learned this on your ridill-less thief of course.
    I've seen WARs do both, and they end up parsing very similarly, if not the same. You said Sword skills sucked, but it seems like at the very worst, they are on par with axes when used properly.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I don't doubt bluemage has trouble breaking 500 due thier gear selection and base stats, but its far from a weak weaponskill...

As for the whole war thing, Ridill/Joyeuse is pretty much equal to Axe/Ridill on anything without high defense, the Joyeuse user gets enough tp to make up for the fact that thier weaponskills do 200 damage less. Any War who actually has a ridill and has toyed around with it won't claim only one of the two builds is viable.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

thank you,
    The Entire Planet
    We have, what, half a dozen or more WARs in our linkshell with Ridill Nynja? Please tell them how you know the job they're playing better than them since they all use axe/ridill. And you learned this on your ridill-less thief of course.
    I wasnt refering to our LS's warriors

though we are in the LS who's going to be giving our third e.bd to a fucking beastmaster...

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    With 2h? With 300TP? I asume so and that's reason enough Vorpal is better.

Didnt said it was not Just saying it Savage can put big number too in certain circumstance.

Rid/joy = rid/axe on pretty much everything. Slightly stronger on weak mob, weaker on strong mob, but I dont think it matter much in the end.

You're right, Vorpal Blade is a piece of shit WS.

thank you,
    The Entire Planet
    I don't know why...but I laughed SO hard at that last part.

Old Merits
    BG Level

What's wrong with giving an ebody to a beast? Last time I checked ebody wasn't earth shattering and this is A FUCKING GAME.