Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    When it comes to W.Body, RDMs -can- get the most use out of it. For nuking or Stoneskin macros maybe.
    Hay lol http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/950
    Exactly.
    quoting it because it needs to be quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    When it comes to W.Body, RDMs -can- get the most use out of it. For nuking or Stoneskin macros maybe.
    Exactly.
    quoting it because it needs to be quoted.
    stop being cheap and buy my overpriced crap!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Exactly.
    Too bad 80% of the RDMs on Bahamut prefer this hot body for everything

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'll never get an e body and it doesn't really matter at all to me. All together it isn't all that hot for what I do with my beast anyway.

But really if you think E. body is going to let you solo fafnir or something then good for you.

BTW I still think BLU/DRG has pottential, +5% haste and acc bonus isn't that bad. Doesn't the shield also have like +1% haste?

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/341...sonbody5sc.jpg

Cause it looks better on RDM. This is like our Osode, let us have it ; ;

(Tried to make both look as pimp as I could while keeping gear that you might actually use. PLD looks good, but RDM looks better IMO)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I'll never get an e body and it doesn't really matter at all to me. All together it isn't all that hot for what I do with my beast anyway.

But really if you think E. body is going to let you solo fafnir or something then good for you.

BTW I still think BLU/DRG has pottential, +5% haste and acc bonus isn't that bad. Doesn't the shield also have like +1% haste?
    BLU/DRG on.. merit PTs? I dont think that'll work all that well. Only benefit you get is 6% haste but you lose the ability to tank without taking hits. So I'd rather equip the big 3 and spam them while tanking than sub drg for spamming the big 3 6% faster and being a MP sponge.

Any RDM who needs to consciously use +MND gear to reach cap on Stoneskin fails.

Um no. Acc bonus doesnt stack with the BLU combo bonus. DRG doesnt offer much to BLU. 6 haste isnt worth a sub, and jumps dont help it much.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm totally going to level blu/drg then.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

my BLU static made me stop subbing drg, said I was too much of a MP liability

I'm totally going to level blu/drg then.
    What. A. Gimp. Seriously every non-blu/blm I see makes me cry.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    QTF, Honestly, the only reason most RDMs want W.Body is because it looks pimp as hell is great for Convert Ratio. Other than that, Errant beats it. Hell, even for solo I would probably use Assault Jerkin or Narasimha's over it (I know the DEF on the Crimson is sick, but I want more offensive stats most of the time when I'm soloing). It's actually pretty low on the list of stuff I want. I would choose Dalm over this from Aspido any day of the week.

Anyway, back to BLU. I like grabbing a BLU for Puk PTs when one is seeking. Diamondhide is nice, Magic Fruit helps a lot when a RDM is main healer, and they do passable damage. Had a problem the other day when I had a BLU and someone left and got a BLU replacement, 2 BLUs in a merit PT is losing just a little too much damage.

A very odd thing, the first BLU did exactly what I expected. Meleed, tossed out the occasional fruit and Diamond Hide, Chain Affinity when it was up for a self SC and all that good stuff.

The second BLU however played the job in a way I've never seen... he was /THF and he didn't melee. He would SA-CA Verticle Cleave for like 1100-1300 damage, sometimes toss in a Rip or Disseverment and then go rest for MP. He did plenty of damage as far as I can tell, but he could only do burst damage once every other fight usually and it killed our chains. I saw him wearing more mage gear than melee gear and didn't see him engage the mobs once. I didn't parse anything, so I don't know if he was doing his fare share of damage (He was filling a DD slot after all). He used Elemental Staves when casting Magic based spells, and I'm pretty sure he used ACC gear and hopefully a sword when going for Physical. We had to struggle for chains after he joined, whereas the THF we had before him, we got on quite a few very nice streaks with like Chain40+ before someone pulled a Jurik or Infiltrator or something and broke it.

Has anyone else here tried playing a more magely BLU in Merit PTs and made it work? For all I know, the second BLU might have been outdamaging the first by a lot, but he wasn't out DoTing the THF we had before him.

New Merits
    BG Level

whats wrong with using mnd gear with stoneskin avesta does it

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    whats wrong with using mnd gear with stoneskin avesta does it
    I always equip Kirin's Pole and errant for Stoneskin to reach cap too. I have capped Enhancing - but as tarutaru, my MND is a bit lacking, so it's necessary. Perhaps Elvaan might not need the Kirin's Pole (10MND).

As a RDM, with capped enhancing magic you'll have at least 270, 1 enhancing = 1 HP, as a 75 RDM without a sub (and taru to boot) you should have at least 50 MND, 1 MND = 3 HP, and I think the cap on Stoneskin is 350 or 400.

And the enhancing/MND totals are probably higher in game, but even with that extremely rounded down example you can reach the cap.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

As a RDM, with capped enhancing magic you'll have at least 270, 1 enhancing = 1 HP, as a 75 RDM without a sub (and taru to boot) you should have at least 50 MND, 1 MND = 3 HP, and I think the cap on Stoneskin is 350 or 400.

And the enhancing/MND totals are probably higher in game, but even with that extremely rounded down example you can reach the cap.
    EM = Enhancing Magic Skill

Stoneskin HP = (EM/3 + MND) x 3 - 190

That formula works only if it's above:

EM/3 + MND + 20

(Thanks Nivlakian) ^^

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

SE sucks for making the max attainable magic 299 w/o merits, i want another 300 damnit ><

Cap is 350, Stone Gorget does add 30 and make it 380 though.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Last 3 pages needs to be deleted....... alot of crapy info from idiots you guys fail

Anyway about blu SE nerfed /blu with last maintence i believe
    /blu head butt almost dont land at all anymore
    Before the update it lands 95% of the time
    Miss old days when only acc matter..... seems blue magic skill effect us more now way to nerf blue melee spells >.>;;

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Has anyone else here tried playing a more magely BLU in Merit PTs and made it work? For all I know, the second BLU might have been outdamaging the first by a lot, but he wasn't out DoTing the THF we had before him.
    I've done BLU/WHM and main healed. Not as good as a RDM, but beats a summoner easily.

Acting as mage for damage might be okay. I mean, you can stand up, pop disseverment, rip, barrage and do 1500+ damage on a puk for 200ish MP. Then next mob do CASA cleave + a couple other spells. Thats not amazing damage, but it might work if you know what you're doing and you're fighting gimpy mobs like Puks. I would think DOT from swords + weaponskill + chain damage would beat the damage you'd get from the extra MP of resting, but who knows.

When it comes to W.Body, RDMs -can- get the most use out of it. For nuking or Stoneskin macros maybe. If you're fighting something that needs the extra MND to make an enfeebling spell effective on it, you should probably be using the +15 skill on the Warlock's Tabard anyway.
    The problem is that Even Match or higher mobs you need +MND gear. Test it yourself. Go RDM/NIN and find an Even Match mob and try slow without +MND gear on and see how shitty it is compared to full +MND. I think on Even Match Grah I was getting 10-15% slow tops at ~55 MND (spike necklace.) It went up 1% per 4-5 MND. So hitting 30% cap on even an Even Match mob, let alone a level 80+ HNM takes a fuckload of +MND. I'd recommend a different mob than Grah to test on since their shape shifting makes testing more difficult.

It's too bad paralyze and slow can't be overwritten by a better version. It's all nice that a RDM can equip an earth staff and their AF1 tunic and land slow in 1 attempt on anything in the game, but it's for a whopping 10% and when I have +70 or more MND my 30% slow won't fucking overwrite it. If you're using AF1 tunic and earth/ice staff when casting slow or paralyze, please, just... don't.

A RDM needs 95 MND with capped enhancing (256) at 75 in order to cap stoneskin at 350. http://nullvector.com/enhancing.php Unless the last macro I hit was paralyze or slow my MND is probably around 81 or less since if I'm sleeping / nuking / cureing / aspiring / graving / converting then I won't have +MND gear on. So yes, I have +MND items in my stoneskin macro as will most any RDM who have any clue how stoneskin works.