+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 649 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    So youre saying they nerfed the entire basis for Blu spells, and made them not determined by Acc?
    If you aint smart enough to understand this or just too aggront to get it Thats your problem son
    I did met idiots like you before who give numbers of post a crap they fail at life maybe you should go visit alkazham im sure you will meet people you will like
    Then its my problem I guess, son.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rag
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    So youre saying they nerfed the entire basis for Blu spells, and made them not determined by Acc?
    And when did i exaclty said that?
    What im saying blue magic Skill didnt effect blue mage physical spells Before and if it did it wasnt noticeable it was all about acc moslty

Any job as /blu can land head butt or any physical spell almost 100% with decent acc gear and sushi
    But that got changed now as /blu your chance to land a head butt Stunning almost 100% fail vs dynamis-limbus-VT+ mobs

If you aint smart enough to understand this or just too aggront to get it Thats your problem son
    I did met idiots like you before who give numbers of post a crap they fail at life maybe you should go visit alkazham im sure you will meet people you will like

Some of the best info at this thread is by new people with 5-10 posts or so
    Im sorry thats i only have 20 post and you got 100 post im pretty sure thats make you the Forums goddes or something your majesty
    http://members.arstechnica.com/x/xoa/haha.jpg

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So, looking over sword choices for BLU once I hit 72...Already 100% using Dissector, but what are people main/offhanding? Still wondering if MA is even worth the trouble now. Curious, what's your preference?

Banned.

BG Level

Just wondering...

For voracious trunk, does it steal the full ability? As in, if you steal a stoneskin with 1 dmg left, will it absorb the full potential or just the 1 dmg stoneskin?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cythe
    So, looking over sword choices for BLU once I hit 72...Already 100% using Dissector, but what are people main/offhanding? Still wondering if MA is even worth the trouble now. Curious, what's your preference?
    Ive been trying really, really hard to get Shivas Shotel. My LS has gotten to the point where we farm this BC with any deaths. Cake. Our first run, we yielded two levi drops. We had one person leave the BC, so we can reenter again without having to do any of the prep. However, in 10+ runs using this trick, not a single drop. We feel that since drops are given as you exit the BC, that there is come kind of check done to see who is actually completing the quest, and only those people have a chance at contributing something to the treasure box. Which is really really gay, because what that boils down to is one run per week, and you have to repeat the 6 avatar prep every time ;/

Currently using Ifrits Blade.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    Just wondering...

For voracious trunk, does it steal the full ability? As in, if you steal a stoneskin with 1 dmg left, will it absorb the full potential or just the 1 dmg stoneskin?
    From what I've been able to tell, it steals the remainder of the buff.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What Russta said. I stole Berserk from a WAR and it wore off the same second his Aggressor wore off and he used them at the same time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Time to bump this thread again!

Ok so I fought Tiamat 2 days ago on BLU again. I went /WAR cause I wanted to tank but we put a WAR/WHM there instead. So I wanted to try a different approuch. I pretty much put on the highest DEF gear I had, used Taco's, Defender, Cocoon and spammed Cannonball.

The results were really impressive. I had 950 def with all that (though I asked the BRD to give me one Minne). Cannonball was doing 250-350 w/o CA with that Def. W/o Minne it did 200-300. With CA it ranged from 300-580 @ 0TP. Highest w/o TP was 580ish. I was using some haste gear and I got haste spell so I could use Cannonball more. Recast about 23 seconds or something with like 25% haste. Oh, yes this was with NO Sneak Attack.

I also kept Frightful Roar on almost all the time. It landed prob about 50% of the time but it never wore fast. Lasted about 3mins I'd say. With Refresh + Ballad II + Auto Refresh I didn't have to rest at all hardly. When I lost Refresh I had to rest every 5-6mins or so.

Here's some pics.
    http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload2/ballz.jpg
    As you can see when I got hate he didn't him me for alot with 950 def and 35ish VIT.

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload2/light.jpg
    Self light.

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload2/equip.jpg
    The equip I was using.

Oh, when I got hate in the air I switched to Magic Def gear and casted Saline Coat. Hit me for 145ish, less then Maxi with Aegis.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

hmm wonder what makes frieghtful roar land, mine dosne't seem to land on a dam thing ;;

I wear mass STR gear on don't have +anything else don't really only +4 INT, its like 100% resist on anything VT/IT, I tried for like an hour and jsut stopepd using it and used attack spell instead for exp pt type stuff.

oh and have you tried physical spells with sj drk? was wondering if that boosts damage and if stuff like disseverment is counted as 1 hit HP drain or a 5 hit HP drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    hmm wonder what makes frieghtful roar land, mine dosne't seem to land on a dam thing ;;

I wear mass STR gear on don't have +anything else don't really only +4 INT, its like 100% resist on anything VT/IT, I tried for like an hour and jsut stopepd using it and used attack spell instead for exp pt type stuff.

oh and have you tried physical spells with sj drk? was wondering if that boosts damage and if stuff like disseverment is counted as 1 hit HP drain or a 5 hit HP drain.
    Hmm, I xped my cor with pretty much tank blu blu support pts from 55-72, and barely ever saw frightful roar resisted - and i am pretty sure those blues were not swapping gear out to cast it. That is, they were in accuracy/str gears or whatever it is blues usually melee in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The mob type matters alot. Some mobs are just harder to land it ie Ice type mobs. I also have 8 merits in Blue Magic skill. I didn't use Austere Staff though so I could prob land it even easier with that.

Souleater works yea. Disseverment drops my HP with like 600 so yea it does work on each hit. That would also be a pretty interesting way to use BLU end game. Just spam tons of spells with that every 6mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    The mob type matters alot. Some mobs are just harder to land it ie Ice type mobs. I also have 8 merits in Blue Magic skill. I didn't use Austere Staff though so I could prob land it even easier with that.
    Yeah, when I was leveling there were some mobs I just could not stick Roar on very often, and with the long recast on it, it was extremely frustrating. It's not as bad at 75, but there are still a lot of mobs that you're going to get the occasional resist on. The fact that it lands easily on Tiamat though is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Souleater works yea. Disseverment drops my HP with like 600 so yea it does work on each hit. That would also be a pretty interesting way to use BLU end game. Just spam tons of spells with that every 6mins.
    Heh. Yeah, then reraise and rest for a while.

For Tiamat, was the extra damage from actually meleeing it worth the extra TP you gave it? When we've done Tiamat we don't melee it at all, not even the tanks.

Did you try any stuns at all?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    For Tiamat, was the extra damage from actually meleeing it worth the extra TP you gave it? When we've done Tiamat we don't melee it at all, not even the tanks.

Did you try any stuns at all?
    I meleed a little. Mostly just to see what kinda dmg I could pull off with CA + Cannonball and cause a BLM told me to do a self renkei once. But this time when I meleed him I didn't have any sushi and I used defender so I had crappy acc and when I did hit it was for 0 alot.

Head butt does work. It's stuns him maybe 25%~ of the time but it only sticks for 0.1 second or something. It doesn't make him flail though that's for sure (mobs never really move when you head butt them, it's just the animation).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

hmm sounds like something maybe a blu/sam using cannonball could do maybe?

oh and anyone figure a way to get people to do double dragonian BC for the sword

Regarding Frightful Roar, I can definitely say that mob type affects it in a huge way. I've generally only been swapping in a Gramary Cape and two Int rings for it, against Puk and Colibri type mobs, and I've noticed that Cold Wave is almost never resisted (Ice > Wind) but I haven't landed a single Frightful Roar in 7 or 8 levels.

Also, it's very impressive to see that kind of damage on Tiamat, and to only take so little damage back. Were you using Diamondhide very much to eat wing/other damage? With such a short recast it seems like it would be very useful on mobs with AoE like that.

I'd imagine this will all become even better once we get our AF/AF2. Lack of Blue Magic skill seems to be holding back the job right now, especially in endgame.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yea, good luck landing Frightful Roar on anything wind based. It can stick, but it's so rare, I don't even bother. Annoying as hell since I EXP'd on Lesser Colibri/Colibri until like 65.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it normal for your dmg to drop out at around 60-62? Death scizzors was nice but Ive noticed alot of my spells have been doing less and less dmg the higher I get. Any advice or is my gear just starting to suck?

Really, like I said, it's the freaking Blue Magic skill. This is the level where most jobs would have full AF, so you see a jump in mob difficulty. Also, there isn't that much for us gear-wise now until 70+, and these are the levels where mobs really start to beef up.

My main suggestion would be to xp as much as possible in Aht Urhgan areas. With the experience bonus, you can afford to fight mobs a level or two lower, which makes a huge difference at this stage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demitrius
    Regarding Frightful Roar, I can definitely say that mob type affects it in a huge way. I've generally only been swapping in a Gramary Cape and two Int rings for it, against Puk and Colibri type mobs, and I've noticed that Cold Wave is almost never resisted (Ice > Wind) but I haven't landed a single Frightful Roar in 7 or 8 levels.

Also, it's very impressive to see that kind of damage on Tiamat, and to only take so little damage back. Were you using Diamondhide very much to eat wing/other damage? With such a short recast it seems like it would be very useful on mobs with AoE like that.

I'd imagine this will all become even better once we get our AF/AF2. Lack of Blue Magic skill seems to be holding back the job right now, especially in endgame.
    I didn't use any support spells at all. I hardly even healed myself. I was in a SMN/BLM PT so I was the only one up at Tiamat taking damage. I wonder though if it would be possible for BLU to DD tank with Cannonball. If I would have enough refresh I could almost use Cannonball every time it was up and not run out of MP. Add Provoke and Warcry and you're gonna hold hate pretty solid.

hmm sounds like something maybe a blu/sam using cannonball could do maybe?

oh and anyone figure a way to get people to do double dragonian BC for the sword
    Yea, subbing SAM for something for Tiamat would be nice if you can self SC every 6 mins for the BLMs. Unfourtunatly I don't have SAM leveled.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Is it normal for your dmg to drop out at around 60-62? Death scizzors was nice but Ive noticed alot of my spells have been doing less and less dmg the higher I get. Any advice or is my gear just starting to suck?
    Once you get Frenetic Rip your dmg will go up. Rip is really good.