Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 649 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starblaster
    A linkshell member of mine said that when he capped his blue magic skill he noticed that his learning rate increased, can anyone confirm this?
    Probably, I've had my skill capped since like level 7 and I've had REALLY good learning rate. Got cursed sphere and everything else so far no more than 2 tries.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

havent confirmed myself, but a thf friend (pii) reported that physical blu spells stack with sneak attack, and SA does not wear off after casting

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It stacks (tested myself) but I'm pretty sure it wears off... that'd just be stupidly overpowered if it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    if you can't learn from NMs, you can't get Bludgeon at 75. Highest normal cardian is 44 (Ten of Spades etc...).
    Same is true of Warmachines, once they dont con EP to you in Mis. Coast.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Sneak Attack + Claw Cyclone. Beastly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lolblu

No PL.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    lolblu

No PL.
    I need to look at a BST guide so I can get some nice BLU leveling spots. Soloing > shitty parties.

My best so far has been doing the gigas' leeches in qufim for #5 240 solo. Crazy how well BLU stands up to EM and T mobs.

A. Body
    BG Level

haven't read everything on this thread so i'm not sure if someone has posted this but, i found widescan useless if you sub bst or rng to blu (but still works if you sub to old jobs), and friend of mine confirmed this with me

anybody else also getting this? the widescan botton is avaliable but there's nothing shown on the mob list... is this supposed to be a bug? i'll be sending a bug report on POL about this before i go to bed tonight

Well now i am Lv. 17 and i did not get healing breeze yet... i have tried since Lv 15 killing nothing but Dhamels for 2 Lvs in Tahronghi(sp) and i killed each dhamel after they use healing breeze... then 20 mins before i log for work i invite a blu friend who is lv.14 and gets it off the second dhamel. This is the first time i have had a problem learning an ability... Maybe there is something different to do to learn non-offensive moves?... At this point i dont know for sure but i am open to suggestion....just nothing to outrageous or stupid like people on my server(fenrir) have suggested... example of this stupidy: you have to be 4 levels above whatever you are fighting and kill the mob with the corresponding weakness in the beast weakness chart... so anything just nothing to far fetched please

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I've been getting spells after like 3-4 kills after they do the move, but I went from 14-16 trying to get healing breeze. Could be just bad luck for the both of us?

edit question:
    I'm trying to get poison breath but it doesn't seem to be working off crawlers (1 per family type I guess), has anyone tried shadow dragons or hounds or something else to get it from?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bluemage doesnt get any job traits by default. Your job traits are defined by the blue magic you set. For example

Setting Wild Oats and Sprout Smack gives the Job Trait Beast Killer
    Setting Sheep Song and Healing Breeze gives the job trait Auto Regen

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo
    I've been getting spells after like 3-4 kills after they do the move, but I went from 14-16 trying to get healing breeze. Could be just bad luck for the both of us?

edit question:
    I'm trying to get poison breath but it doesn't seem to be working off crawlers (1 per family type I guess), has anyone tried shadow dragons or hounds or something else to get it from?
    I got it from a hound in Tahrongi.

Gaidon

Clear mind

Blu on my server had this in his search comment sheep song + soporific = clear mind. idk personally if its true but figure would post for ya.

LazyShell
    BG Level

some people are really hardcore about leveling these new jobs...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...oDL/wtfblu.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I bet he doesn't even have his AF. What a gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I bet he doesn't even have his AF. What a gimp.
    Safe bet seeing as AF quests are in the game yet for BLU COR and PUP.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Re: Clear mind

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidon
    Blu on my server had this in his search comment poison breath + soporific = clear mind. idk personally if its true but figure would post for ya.
    Fixed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Late post

To the person saying you can't kill mobs 20+ higher lvls than and learn the ability "Foot Kick" was the example, that is not true.

I wasn't sure where to find HL cardinals since I got 26 BLU and had to get Bluegeon(or however it's spelt^^) and was in PT with a lvl 75 rdm that killed the lvl 44ish Cardinals(10 of cards) for me until I got the ability. I didn't even get exp.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    A friend of mine told me he also has SS's of him learning moves on "Too Weak" mobs. Has anyone else tried this? I have all my spells so wasn't able to give it a shot.
    __________________________________________________ ________

Oh someone also mentioned killing the mob right after it uses WS increases chance of getting the spell. I have gotten this same luck, but it was always while fighting EP mobs. Maybe you are able to learn moves off EP mobs faster.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Pretty much late post for everything @@ but... also I would use MND/MP gear for low LVL blu. MND helps pollen if stacked, and MP is a must.

INT MND CHR doesn't help Cocoon at all though, if anyone uses BLU to tank at low lvl.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Also, with random tests - Apollo staff helps Healing Breeze / Pollon and the right elemental staffs help Elemental Magic DMG spells.

So possible rolls for BLU's that will take advantage of elemental staffs will be melee'ing to SC with others in PT > using staffs to MB magic spells.

Sitting back and using Debuff spells > MB'ing with Elemental staffs and healing the pt.

Someone also said TP helps w/o Chain Infinity, but plz listen to the person that corrected him a few posts after^^
    __________________________________________________ __________

And for usefull sj's... I don't recommend /war pre 30 unless you are the tank or solo'ing.

go with /whm

In pt if I'm not tanking I always go SJ whm for added MP. I don't think I will melee much if I'm not tanking until I get chain infinity.

If people really want to melee pre 30 use DRG sj for + atk trait!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy-LB
    Also, with random tests - Apollo staff helps Healing Breeze / Pollon and the right elemental staffs help Elemental Magic DMG spells.

So possible rolls for BLU's that will take advantage of elemental staffs will be melee'ing to SC with others in PT > using staffs to MB magic spells.

Sitting back and using Debuff spells > MB'ing with Elemental staffs and healing the pt.
    I doubt this. SE says the accuracy of Blue Spells depends on the main hand weapon. Since Blu doesn't have staff I can't imagine wearing a staff for Blue nukes being good.

as for Apollo helping Healing Breeze I call BS because Healing Breeze is wind based.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I doubt this. SE says the accuracy of Blue Spells depends on the main hand weapon. Since Blu doesn't have staff I can't imagine wearing a staff for Blue nukes being good.
    Are you sure that doesn't only apply to the physical spells? I'm curious to know if I'm sitting on all these HQ elemental staves for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 649 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast