Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 642 of 649 FirstFirst ... 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Im very sure im not the first to get 1200JPs gift, but is there any testing anybody wants me to do? like check how deep some traits go?

From the testing already done among members on AH forums, it can be expected that we are able to go as high as possible in a trait without exceeding previously established caps. For example, we now have accuracy bonus 6, but cannot attain attack bonus 7 or MAB 7.

Some odd math has surfaced concerning DW testing, but we're almost certain it revolves around SE messing up coding in the way they gave BLU dual wield.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The only unknown traits would be extremely tedious to test; IE caps/proc rates on counter, inquartata, and tenacity.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We've got values for those. T1 Tenacity is 5% resist all T2 7% T3 9%, T1 Inquartata is 5% parry T2 7% T3 9%. T2 Counter is 12%. These are as high as BLU can go atm.

To expand upon the DW situation, BLU receives 36-37% DW when setting every DW spell as opposed to the expected 35% from DW5. Instead of assuming that BLU gets a DW6 trait that transcends NIN's natural DW (no other trait goes beyond its natural job's cap) and just so happens to perfectly cap delay reduction with capped Haste, I'm much more inclined to believe that there's something fishy with the way BLU receives DW from spells that causes an overflow.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Did someone really parse tenacity on blu to see that it goes higher than t1, or counter to see that t3+ doesn't exist? If the sub-8 trait points glitch was indicative of anything, job trait bonus doesn't effect our other resist traits, including silence that was added in SoA.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No need to parse when you have JPwiki

What're you guys running for Subduction nuke sets (or any decent nuke, for that matter). Just been kind of chipping away. Have AF109 head, R119 pants, Taeon Gloves, Cornflower cape, Hecate's and the +10 earring, and Stoicheion Medal for things of note.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The front page for the Blue Magic guide on FFXIAH was recently updated, and has some nuking sets toward the bottom.

Main thing that it doesn't show is that, obviously, you should be dual wielding weapons with nuking stats on 'em. Those are predominately clubs, but there are a few swords that fit the bill as well. I think the best are still 2x R15 Nibiru Cudgel, but R15 Gabaxorea are good, Medeina Kilij a hair behind those, and so on.

Personally I'm using Medeina mainhand and Gabaxorea off, because Sanguine Blade is useful to have available (and quite strong in a full nuking setup).

While the newer nukes do have specific stats to build, I think building towards MAB is generally better anyway, so that dictates gear more. Main thing is Pixie Hairpin +1 and Archon ring if you have them for Tenebral Crush.

Otherwise, what I'm using is
    ammo="Dosis Tathlum",
    head="Helios Band",neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Hecate's earring",ear2="Friomisi earring",
    body="Hagondes Coat +1",hands="Helios Gloves",ring1="Shiva ring",ring2="Acumen ring",
    back="Cornflower cape",waist="Aswang Sash",legs="Hagondes Pants +1",feet="Hashi. Basmak +1"

Offhand, Helios head has 23MAB, gloves 20MAB/20MACC, Hagondes Coat +1 has 30MAB, Pants +1 have 27MAB.

Certainly room for improvement, but it might give an idea at least.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    What're you guys running for Subduction nuke sets (or any decent nuke, for that matter). Just been kind of chipping away. Have AF109 head, R119 pants, Taeon Gloves, Cornflower cape, Hecate's and the +10 earring, and Stoicheion Medal for things of note.
    Isiolia covered good gear, but just to clarify hagondes is really easy to get from normal yorcia skirmish, and is a pretty simple solo (just takes a while). The armor may not all drop for you, but lebondopt wings are pretty common and Lola will exchange them for armor. Normal yorcia also drops the verdigris stones you use to augment hagondes. Eventually you'll want to look into other stuff, but hagondes is a great way to start. Far as starter clubs, eminent wand and homestead wand will make a huge difference over swords.

Hagondes also always gets a pdt augment along with the other stat, so helps get idle/pdt gear going as well.

Been throwing money at 1/1/1 skirmishes, basically getting every gear but the ones I need. 3 acro, 4 yorium, 1 helios, 3 taeon gloves, 1 pants, and a couple others I'm forgetting the names of. Actually need to wait on voucher pay outs to feed the obsidian habit now. -.-

Anyway, was mostly curious for the sake of mass killing for JP and having some offensive options for the WKRs that really aren't melee friendly (Yorcia/Kamihr).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So got Mighty Guard, interesting so far. Its tooltip reads: "Increases defense, magic defense, attack speed, and gradually recovers HP." I went from 803 -> 1003 defense with it up (has its own status symbol so stacks with everything), and I was recovering 30 HP/tick in Regen. I just did this is basic idle gear so no skill changes, will have to test if skill affects it. Not sure how to test mdef.

Haste is like... 15-16%? Not sure if I'm doing it right, went BLU/SCH, made sure no Fast Cast trait was set, no gear. Klimaform with only Mighty Guard up went from 3 minutes (180 seconds) to 2:30 (150 seconds). 1/6 reduction. I am terribad at this sort of thing, because I don't remember how to backwards determine Haste!

Anyway, lasts for a solid three minutes too. Will test if BLU skill affects it.

Edit: Update on the defense:
    803 -> 1003 (24.9% increase)
    176 -> 220 (25% increase)

Looking like a solid 25% increase, but will see if skill affects it.

Edit2: Skill does not affect it!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Just got it, with full gifts it lasts close to 3:30, and it works with diffusion.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Bump

So if Barrier tusk grants a total of 57.5% DT at 50% does that mean 35% PDT brings you up to 50%?

How exactly is that 15% calculated? As I understand it now it is only below 15% DT if it brings you over the 50% cap.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

IIRC it is calculated after regular DT, so it is always less effective the more you have in gear, and would only be 15% of initial damage if you were wearing no DT gear.

For example, if you take 1000 dmg naked, tusk would reduce damage by 150 (15%). If you had 25% DT in gear, tusk would reduce the remaining damage (750) by another 15% which would be 112.5 (11.25% of initial damage).

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah, makes sense. TY

I remember there was a chart for barrier tusk years ago on the subject I couldn't find. After getting curious in a conversation with Draylo I set out on comparing the value of 57.5% DT vs various amounts of damage you would take from each.

Just made a new chart for it at any rate since phalanx augments and better enhancing gear exist now.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone have the potency values of Filamented Hold and Cimicine Discharge off hand? I am finding conflicting reports of ~20% - ~25% for filamented for example. Could be due to my next question.

Is potency effected by MND? Skill?

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Just started again from scratch and was wondering if blue magic is still a pain in the ass to learn?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Just started again from scratch and was wondering if blue magic is still a pain in the ass to learn?
    I wouldn't call it a pain in the ass, but it hasn't changed.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    It's far easier given you can learn a ton of spells in abbysea and at 99 you're really not worried about getting killed (plus healer trusts can help you just go all day). Basic strategy is to equip some low level weapon or spam a super weak magic spell to fee it tp and equip the af piece that helps you learn spells faster.

Not saying it's super easy, but not that tragic. I think I set up a scrip that spammed pollen with skill up food and gear and sat in the shinryu area and capped blu skill first (which took a few hours but was faster than geo skill up).

The hardest spells for me were the promy ones since there were only a few mobs and were so low level and the dual elemental ones. I did get the tip to do skirmish and learned the last 3 Duel Eles spells in a single run, so that's probably the way to go.

It's a bit of a grind, but no where near what many of the grindy things in this game are, at least not now. I spent about 2 weeks in my free time and knocked out all spells I wanted, so take that as you will.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since you mentioned dual eles, fun fact that I didn't even know until last weekend. They added all the hybrid eles into Sky in the shrine zone regardless of weather.