BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 648 of 649 FirstFirst ... 598 638 646 647 648 649 LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes Spectral and Tenebral are your two strongest depending on the SDT of the foes. Especially with BA, due to the mods and affinity gear available.

The answer to something else you forgot to pair was Sound Blast.

Vampirisms aren't bad, but you can probably just 1-shot shit if you go /sch for storms and beef up with things like Nibirus.

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh right, it was totally Sound Blast

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Oh also weapons. I know Nibiru Cudgels x2 are probably the best for this? But I was using Sequence MH + Kaja Sword OH.
    Not sure what else I already own that I could use in their place. I have 2x perf Vampirism. They have more Mab than Kaja/Sequence, more Mdmg than Kaja, but less Macc skill than Sequence, so I dunno...
    Need to check if I have something else I can use. I have 2x Perf Malevolence but BLU can't use them alas.
    This has gotten a little more convoluted in recent months. At least under normal (not BA/Azure Lore) situations, Kaja Rod and even Sword pull ahead of Nibiru Cudgel on nukes other than Spectral Floe, and pack in a lot more MACC to boot. Maxentius and Naegling slightly more, as they do add a few points of MAB/INT/etc.

So, I'd say it just depends on what your priorities are. If you want to min/max and utilize the inventory/LUA setup for it, there's more to account for now. On the other hand, the Ambuscade weapons are very solid all around as both nuking and melee options, perhaps saving an inventory slot or two. What you have will certainly be fine for cleaving in Escha, farming Salvage, and so on too (I would do Kaja/Vampirism though, of what you listed). Nibiru Cudgels would be your quick/easy option for maxing your Spectral Floe damage though, if that's what makes sense to you.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only real situation that I can think of for BLU nukes that could require more MAcc is Divergence Wave 2.

Campaign
    BG Level

Not even sure if it's viable without God-gear, but how do you guys solo VD battlefields? Or D at least?
    Which spellsets?
    Any specific gear?
    Which trusts?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Not even sure if it's viable without God-gear, but how do you guys solo VD battlefields? Or D at least?
    Which spellsets?
    Any specific gear?
    Which trusts?
    No reason to do VD unless you are "farming" rift/beit/plut. D will serve you as well.

Rest of your questions are too broad.

Campaign
    BG Level

"specific gear" doesn't seem too broad. I assume I will use a DT or at least a hybrid TP gear, I was just wondering if there's any specific item that makes a huge difference and that I can't think of.

"trusts" and "spellset" don't seem particularly broad either, granted I can imagine there might be some differences according to the specific avatar you decide to fight.
    In which case I can easily pick Leviathan, Ifrit or Carbuncle, for the simple reason that they seem the easiest.

Ramuh/Shiva have the annoying Spikes that stun/paralyze you, Diabolos has the super annoying sleep and stuff, Fenrir has Dispelga, Titan simply has way too much def/vit and Garuda is somewhat doable but still more annoying than the other 3 I listed.
    So now that the context is more defined, which set of spells would you use to tackle one of these fights on D solo?

And yes, I want to farm Riftborn Boulders. Probably I will "resist" a set of max 20 avatars before I realize it simply takes too much effort/time to farm them without multiple accounts and I will just farm gil and buy the Boulders I need.
    Knowing me... I'm lazy, have little free time and get tired really fast of repetitive stuff lol xD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Any tips with the byrgens/gefrysts/baelfyrs? I need to learn their spells, but the weather is never up in Abyssea. Is there a weather npc for abyssea? Anything in particular i should know about them (I think Uleguerand has the most ice ones etc.)?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

do it in yorcia alluvion skirmish

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ohh i love you. i totally forgot about those mobs.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Any tips with the byrgens/gefrysts/baelfyrs? I need to learn their spells, but the weather is never up in Abyssea. Is there a weather npc for abyssea? Anything in particular i should know about them (I think Uleguerand has the most ice ones etc.)?
    I did them all in a single run, completely solo, in Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish using the following combination of pieces: Yorcia Visage tier anything, Faithful Body Tier V, Faithful Legs tier anything, Eudaemon Sash.
    At the start of the run convert 1000 points into the currency required to use the book (not sure if you can buy that currency with AMAN copper vouchers?) and summon Kirin.
    After that roam the zone.

In my case the first area wasn't really as big as I wished for, but some things I can tell you:
    1) There's only a certain amount of mobs that can be up at the same time on that floor. Kill butterflies and they might repop as elementals
    2) The repop of monsters isn't istant, but it's pretty damn fast
    3) They can pop in multiple places on that map, usually they have 2-3 possible spawn points. If after a certain point you don't see them anymore in the first camp you picked, go back roaming the area until you find a "new" camp
    4) Keep killing them until you learn both moves from each of them.

It took me around 45 minutes. Could've been faster if I realized point 3) of the previous list earlier.
    Do not deal the last 1% damage to the Enemy pillar thing or that will make all enemies on the current floor depop and you will have to go to the next one, converting 1000 more points and repeating the process from the beginning.

In the same area you can learn BLU spells from the two different families of butterflies that roam the zone (I didn't have to as I farmed them both in Outer Ra'kaznar. In hindsight... I should've done that in Skirmish instead)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Niceee. This is gonna be so good. This will pretty much complete my "needed" spells for BLU.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the currency you have to convert is the obsidian fragments and you can get that with copper vouchers, you need 1000 for every floor you want to do

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

While you aren't looking to head there anymore, for anyone with a similar idea it should be noted that you cannot learn these spells in Abyssea. The hybrid elementals there (or in Sky) don't use TP moves. Have to head to Adoulin areas.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ohh i love you. i totally forgot about those mobs.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tenebral_Crush

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to offer some new spots to nuke aoe as a 99blu solo, mostly for a quick merit fill-up or to PL a friend (not bot). Obviously the best spot is zitah #2 but like all areas its just botted to death. I have not tried reis solo on BLU was not sure if that is viable or what spots there are doable - or if people have other locals they might share that aren't too overrun. Maybe a spot that is a little too hard for a botter, but doable by a human player. Thank you!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you want something that'd be difficult for a bot/etc in Zi'Tah, you could try the monkeys (Southeast section of the map, or in the hidden area where the SAM unlock quest would usually be). Yztargs have added effects on their regular melee attacks with stun or knockback + TP reduction or DEF down...so they're annoying. The ideal thing is to split pulling and nuking duties, but if that's not feasible, pull to a wall/corner if you're grabbing a lot of them, so that they don't interrupt you by knockback. Opo-opos only link, not aggro, so it takes a little more to gather some up too.

Ru'Aun has the areas to either side of where Naga Raja pops, as the ideal places (or you could pull all of it at a time I guess). Those are probably the popular spots for that zone though. Really any of the islands that actually have mobs are viable, especially if you pull from below as well as you cross the bridges.

I don't tend to go to Reisen for it, though plenty of spots seem viable. I'd be inclined to try at 3, but really anywhere you can avoid nuking pixies is likely fine.

Outside of Escha, Moh Gates Map 2...basically the whole eastern section of it. There are some raptors/matamatas in the southern part you can include, but then you have a group of Acuex around I/J-8, and then multiple rooms with a mix of Dullahans and Umbrils as you go north. So you have a bunch of mobs that are very vulnerable to magic, and some there you can Magic Hammer. It's not as optimal as a good Escha camp, but it can work.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

double post

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Yztarg in Zi'Tah are terrible choices to burn. Besides, Ru'Aun or Reisenjima both provide better XP.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'd be interested in more options myself, inside Escha zones. Mostly to build up Kills # (I wanna reach 100k kills to increase the HP static bonus). For me getting XP and CP would be just a nice icing on the cake, so I'm not focused only on those.
    I'm at like 1900+ JPs with very good gear (not BiS, but good) with Maxentius+Kaja Rod, my problem is mostly finding a place with lots of stuff that aggroes and with moderate to none competition.
    What I tried so far:

1) Zi'tah #2 => it's fantastic, but way too many bots. Can try the Yztargs+OpoOpo I guess, but Opo don't aggro (they do link if you pull one, but it's still annoying)
    2) Escha, sides to Naga Raja => Phuabos aggro and link, Aerns link but don't aggro, plus they cast spells so they can be annoying to group together. Besides, there still is lotsa competition (better than Zi'tah #2)
    3) Reisenjima #2, frogs => would be nice, but they don't aggro and lately there's a lot of bots/competition there too

I dunno, looking for more suggestions for when, like, I get bored and I have 30+ mins of free time and want to burn something.