The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh it says the acc is just for physical Blu, my bad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I doubt this. SE says the accuracy of Blue Spells depends on the main hand weapon. Since Blu doesn't have staff I can't imagine wearing a staff for Blue nukes being good.
    Are you sure that doesn't only apply to the physical spells? I'm curious to know if I'm sitting on all these HQ elemental staves for no reason.
    You're a SMN or BLM?, a WHM only needs light and dark...

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    I doubt this. SE says the accuracy of Blue Spells depends on the main hand weapon. Since Blu doesn't have staff I can't imagine wearing a staff for Blue nukes being good.
    Are you sure that doesn't only apply to the physical spells? I'm curious to know if I'm sitting on all these HQ elemental staves for no reason.
    I bought them for BLU before hordes of people start paying absurd prices.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I bought them for BLU before hordes of people start paying absurd prices.
    With what most of BLU is doing in PT, the Sword skill of A- provides us with the accuracy needed to land our stuff much better vs. using a staff for a "few" elemental based abilities. On top of that, a majority of our abilities relying on TP for better dmg or accuracy, you'd lose that with the staff change macro mentality of blm/smn etc.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think TP matters that much unless you wanna SC. Change to a staff if youre going to do magic, and change back to a sword if you're going to do a physical. I don't really see a problem cause TP doesnt matter all that much.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

With what most of BLU is doing in PT, the Sword skill of A- provides us with the accuracy needed to land our stuff much better vs. using a staff for a "few" elemental based abilities. On top of that, a majority of our abilities relying on TP for better dmg or accuracy, you'd lose that with the staff change macro mentality of blm/smn etc.
    The whole job isn't going to revolve around XP parties though. There will be times when an A- sword skill and physical spells won't do jack That's when you strap staves to your back and bust out the magical side of the job.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I don't think TP matters that much unless you wanna SC. Change to a staff if youre going to do magic, and change back to a sword if you're going to do a physical. I don't really see a problem cause TP doesnt matter all that much.
    I've noticed abilities resisting way less often and doing more dmg with 100+ TP vs <100Tp, and of course the job is still new, and noone has all the abilities to do extensive testing in controlled environments (as best as possible) yet, but I'm convinced so far it helps.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

as for Apollo helping Healing Breeze I call BS because Healing Breeze is wind based.
    lol

well now Apollo's staff says "Cure" potency +10%"

Healing Breeze is effected by Apollo's staff - Wind type or not, it's a cure.

Just tested it = )

Also staffs do help. I just tested Blast Bomb and did 123-125 dmg average without fire staff, and 140-143 average dmg with fire staff.

anyone can try this on a high lvl job. I used RDM/BLU on rabbits

Poison Breath was not effected by staffs though, and I did a constant 95 dmg.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quoted from KI:

Wild Oats and Sprout Smack = Beast Killer

Foot Kick and Claw Cyclone = Lizard Killer

Bludgeon and Smite of Rage = Undead Killer

Soporic and Poison Breath = Clear Mind

Sheep Song and Healing Breeze = Auto Regen

Grand slam and Terror touch = Defense bonus

Mysterious light and Metallic body = Max MP boost

Battle Dance and Uppercut = Attack Bonus

Jet Stream and Feather Storm = Rapid Shot

Sound Blast and Cursed Sphere = Mgk Atk Bonus

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Quoted from KI:

Wild Oats and Sprout Smack = Beast Killer

Foot Kick and Claw Cyclone = Lizard Killer

Bludgeon and Smite of Rage = Undead Killer

Soporic and Poison Breath = Clear Mind

Sheep Song and Healing Breeze = Auto Regen

Grand slam and Terror touch = Defense bonus

Mysterious light and Metallic body = Max MP boost

Battle Dance and Uppercut = Attack Bonus

Jet Stream and Feather Storm = Rapid Shot

Sound Blast and Cursed Sphere = Mgk Atk Bonus
    Nice find.

As for the cure thing thats a good point. I just assumed it would be like Avatar curing BPs (where cure potency doesn't matter at all).

I've noticed abilities resisting way less often and doing more dmg with 100+ TP vs <100Tp, and of course the job is still new, and noone has all the abilities to do extensive testing in controlled environments (as best as possible) yet, but I'm convinced so far it helps.
    What people fail to realize is, they think extra TP means MORE DAMAGE? Im sorry but is everyone here a mage? Alot of TP moves don't have their damage affected in anyway by TP, it normally affects some other thing, like duration of a status affect, accuracy, or chance to crit. You have to read the definition of the ability and see how TP affects it. Take Bludgeon for instance, only accuracy is affected by TP, so sure it will on average do more damage with 200% TP, but don't expect there to be a huge difference between the two. Odds are though with 0% TP, your Bludgeons will be missing ITs left and right, probably only connecting with 1hit.

About the only TP moves I can remember offhand that their damage is directly affected by TP is Helldive. Rest enhance chance to crit, chance to poison, duration of poison, duration of slow, etc. TP isn't everything but it does help, and I believe a meleeing BLU with the right gear can help out his PT moreso then one sitting back and tossing resisted spells, at least @ this Lvl range.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    About the only TP moves I can remember offhand that their damage is directly affected by TP is Helldive. Rest enhance chance to crit, chance to poison, duration of poison, duration of slow, etc. TP isn't everything but it does help, and I believe a meleeing BLU with the right gear can help out his PT moreso then one sitting back and tossing resisted spells, at least @ this Lvl range.
    So BLU is a RDM who can't refresh or convert or heal very well and who needs to give the mob TP in order to enfeeble it? Please don't say "A- sword skill for damage" because Joyeuse + En spell on a RDM will likely rape anything a BLU is going to put out and looking at the spell list BLU is going to do jack all for magic damage too unless 1000 Needles actually does 2000 damage for it's ridiculous 350 MP.

I would think of Blu as more of a step between Red Mage and Black Mage.

It really is a great job so far. You don't have to shell out gil for its spells. Lower level attack spells seem to still work well at higher levels unlike elemental magic. Alot of the good stuff at the high levels is Rare Ex or Cp items ex Shiva's Shotel, Dissector, Homam gear

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

just adding somthing in, didn't read this whole thing.

bludgeon, owns, very, much.

I tried a Blu x4 Cor Whm Pt. Didnt go as well as I liked at first. mainly because Cor subbed war thinking he would tank and whm was over curing because of it. But once we smacked the right people and moved from the over crowded mandy areas to the outpost near norg we began to rack up the XP. Mid to upper 30s I would like to dare to venture with a bones party. Mix of monks and bluemages for DD. Blu SHOULD have smite of rage(34) by this time to complete the Undead killer trait set. Also should have Auto Regen and Clear mind going for them as well.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    So BLU is a RDM who can't refresh or convert or heal very well and who needs to give the mob TP in order to enfeeble it? Please don't say "A- sword skill for damage" because Joyeuse + En spell on a RDM will likely rape anything a BLU is going to put out and looking at the spell list BLU is going to do jack all for magic damage too unless 1000 Needles actually does 2000 damage for it's ridiculous 350 MP.
    1k needles has great HNM potential. BLU will outdamage RDM on T+ mobs I bet, especially once the BLU gets good melee pieces (helo thar homam.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    I tried a Blu x4 Cor Whm Pt. Didnt go as well as I liked at first. mainly because Cor subbed war thinking he would tank and whm was over curing because of it. But once we smacked the right people and moved from the over crowded mandy areas to the outpost near norg we began to rack up the XP. Mid to upper 30s I would like to dare to venture with a bones party. Mix of monks and bluemages for DD. Blu SHOULD have smite of rage(34) by this time to complete the Undead killer trait set. Also should have Auto Regen and Clear mind going for them as well.
    Bludgeon already owns normal mobs, it is a blunt type maneuver and ROCKS bones. I learned this from a few encounters with wights in qufim. It was awesome as long as I wasn't blinded. Please let us get auto refresh ><

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalin Garisk
    Bludgeon already owns normal mobs, it is a blunt type maneuver and ROCKS bones. I learned this from a few encounters with wights in qufim. It was awesome as long as I wasn't blinded. Please let us get auto refresh ><
    Probably will if you set the correct enemy skills.

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Can anyone confirm how much MAB bonus off Sound Blast + Cursed Sphere?

edit: Also... has anyone seen these insane JP's that are powering their way through the levels. As of last night on Siren, we had 2 at BLU 54... at this rate, I'd expect them to hit 75 by weeks end. --;

I believe they belong to theMilkandHoney LS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 649 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast