Page 7 of 649 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pretty good blog of someone using BLU --

http://www.xanga.com/brurion

Learned some good information from it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Holy crap, BLU can self SC? This job is so broken.

I can't wait to get home and level it some more. I can learn a new abilty every 048565456 or so mobs, so I should be set to ding 10 sometime next week.

if they can SC themselves im sure they can add the burst at the end as well

E. Body
    BG Level

I'd also like to know if the magic attack bonus is good or not.

Also could anyone confirm if the physical attack spells require STR/accuracy gear or are they INT based like the magical spells?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When a worm did Sandspin on me (acc down) I noticed Bludgeon missing a lot more often... but I haven't really tested anything else.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

BLU in my LS just killed 83923972422323 crawlers for cocoon, decided to fight a Goblin and learned Bomb toss.

At Lv 8.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo
    When a worm did Sandspin on me (acc down) I noticed Bludgeon missing a lot more often... but I haven't really tested anything else.
    I noticed the same.

Also with shadow claw (A lot more potent blind):

http://misc.selftitled.net/acc1.JPG
    http://misc.selftitled.net/acc2.JPG

These being ~T mobs, I very rarely actually missed hits on my spells (I also have +4 sword skill from merits, with SE saying that magic spell accuracy is dependant on your weapon).

And although I'm not completely positive on ATK, I do believe it does make a differnce by having Minuet IV. It's only noticable on IT mobs though, not VT and lower. I'm not sure if it was in this thread or another, but someone posted about how they tested +ATK by not equiping a weapno (Therfore only have ~20 ATK), but I don't think that's a good way to test. I think it's like Ranged ATK, with a completely different ATK rating that you can't view.

I also remember someone saying that Bludgeon was blunt, that's deffinatly right. I'd do 80-120 on dogs with it, 110-165 on Bones with it.

Banned.

BG Level

Bludgeon was blunt
    They come from the same word I believe >.>, I'd hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    About the only TP moves I can remember offhand that their damage is directly affected by TP is Helldive. Rest enhance chance to crit, chance to poison, duration of poison, duration of slow, etc. TP isn't everything but it does help, and I believe a meleeing BLU with the right gear can help out his PT moreso then one sitting back and tossing resisted spells, at least @ this Lvl range.
    So BLU is a RDM who can't refresh or convert or heal very well and who needs to give the mob TP in order to enfeeble it? Please don't say "A- sword skill for damage" because Joyeuse + En spell on a RDM will likely rape anything a BLU is going to put out and looking at the spell list BLU is going to do jack all for magic damage too unless 1000 Needles actually does 2000 damage for it's ridiculous 350 MP.
    Bludgeon is absolutely broken for its level, you dont think Disseverment (sup 20HP poison), Radiant Breath, attack reducing abilities, and the whole other slew of moves won't seperate BLU from other jobs? Lowing, Light of Penance, Cold Wave, etc. You're horribly mistaken.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

FFXIflux shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Nny
    with SE saying that magic spell accuracy is dependant on your weapon)
    this is just a BLU thing right? I.e. not pertaining to other jobs

Bludgeon is absolutely broken for its level, you dont think Disseverment (sup 20HP poison), Radiant Breath, attack reducing abilities, and the whole other slew of moves won't seperate BLU from other jobs? Lowing, Light of Penance, Cold Wave, etc. You're horribly mistaken.
    Guess what? Theres a job in the game that can group haste, group stoneskin, deal wicked damage, has esuna and agroless group heals, MDB, MAB, group phalanx, sleepga, group blink and a raft of other useful abilities... and yet somehow the distinctive SMN job is very niche, used only for a couple specific HNM and occasionally as a sub job and is picked dead last for parties.

Just because a job has a lot of neato keen abilities doesn't mean it isn't a peice of shit. BLU potential has yet to be seen but from the spell lineup it's pretty obvious it's going to be niche, occasionally used as a sub job, and picked dead last for parties. 3 minute timer on weaponskill ability might let them take the job of samurai for making chains on HNM for the BLM army to burst on, if the chains they can make are any good.

Guess what? Theres a job in the game that can group haste, group stoneskin, deal wicked damage, has esuna and agroless group heals, MDB, MAB, group phalanx, sleepga, group blink and a raft of other useful abilities... and yet somehow the distinctive SMN job is very niche, used only for a couple specific HNM and occasionally as a sub job and is picked dead last for parties.

Just because a job has a lot of neato keen abilities doesn't mean it isn't a peice of shit. BLU potential has yet to be seen but from the spell lineup it's pretty obvious it's going to be niche, occasionally used as a sub job, and picked dead last for parties. 3 minute timer on weaponskill ability might let them take the job of samurai for making chains on HNM for the BLM army to burst on, if the chains they can make are any good.
    and you have just shown that you have NO IDEA how smn works, or why some smn abilities never get used outside of specific circumstances.

no matter HOW MANY unique things smn to do, or HOW POWERFUL they are, it is irrelevent because you need to dd or stoneskin or blink once per minute.

blue spells do not share the same timer.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

All of that crap they do has 1 minute (base) timers on them, BLU timers for 98% of the "spammable" and "great/broken" abilities are 10 seconds or less, the dmg I see us outputting so far is very sick, and no job at our level range so far can deal as much as we can for the little MP consumption we do.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tried making a BLU manaburn PT today. It worked pretty well as you can see here. lol

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9954/chain3iq.th.jpg

Once the exp there started to suck we went over to SSG since Bludgeon is blunt. Skeleton + Blunt = WIN.

Some nice dmg on Ghasts with Bludgeon:
    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/876/dmg9zg.th.jpg

There was a few ones in the 190s too.

After a couple hours in SSG the NM skeleton popped so we killed it with our bludgeon burn pt...

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2...mtar2pd.th.jpg

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Posted an FAQ about the job on my LJ.

Link: http://kurokikaze01.livejournal.com/13820.html

Check it out sometime. Anyways, later!

Staves and Swords

This is a great thread everyone. I just read it all the way through. I wanted to comment on the Staves and Swords discussion that seemed to have died.

Once you get Burst and Chain Affinity and can use staves... you might be making your own chains and bursting on them... If you do, then it definitely makes sense to macro in a stave for the burst. Even if you don't make your own SCs but close an SC with Chain Affinity or just your own WS, you still will want to macro in a stave for the burst.

The reason is pretty simple. Chain Affinity will use up all your TP. At this point, you have no TP, so why not switch to stave for the extra nuke damage and the switch back to your sword to build your TP again? Seems like the right move to make.

Hope that helps.

Also, I have been reading mixed reviews about learning a spell with someone high level in your party... Is there a definitive answer? Basically what I heard is that if the mob cons EP to you at lvl 30 (for example) and you have a lvl 75 in your party... You can still learn the move? Is this correct? I'm to nervous to sit there and try for 3 hours to test it. :wink:

Any help would be appreciated.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Re: Staves and Swords

Quote Originally Posted by Sheztek

Also, I have been reading mixed reviews about learning a spell with someone high level in your party... Is there a definitive answer? Basically what I heard is that if the mob cons EP to you at lvl 30 (for example) and you have a lvl 75 in your party... You can still learn the move? Is this correct? I'm to nervous to sit there and try for 3 hours to test it. :wink:

Any help would be appreciated.
    I've learned at least 4 moves with a level 75 in the party feeding the mob TP with a low damage weapon, so it's very possible.

Can you learn from too weak though without the PL? Could you take a level 75 BLU into a newbie zone and learn wild oats for instance?

One thing I'm pretty sure of, lots of people say you can learn things up to 10 levels higher than your level, but I believe it's 10 levels higher than your Blue Magic skill level, i.e. a level 30 BLU with 0 Blue Magic skill couldn't learn a level 11 move. Either that or I got very very very very unlucky with Screwdriver while gaining 3 levels on Pugils in Qufim. I'm going to have to start making pineapple juice or something... I don't see ever getting to sit or have MP regen until we hit 40, and Cocoon doesn't skillup worth shit..

I assume being able to learn a spell depends on what the monster checks to you and not necessarily what it checks to the highest leveled character in your party.

This also works with XP chains. If you are levelling a level 10 character for example and have a 75 in your party who kills a T (to you) monster, then disbands and you kill another T monster, you'll get chain 1, even though you didn't get XP from the first monster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 649 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast