Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 632 of 648 FirstFirst ... 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 ... LastLast
Results 12621 to 12640 of 12955
  1. #12621
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    213
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Anyone attempt to make a Savage Blade set and SC it with Thrashing Assault? I wonder how Savage Blade compares to CDC with the right set and perhaps slightly higher TP stored up, since its damage is TP based.
    CDC-> TA for fusion will in general be slightly stronger vs SB->TA, but REQ->QC for dark should be comparable to CDC-> TA (depends of att/def ratio as to which will be better)

  2. #12622
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,321
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by galka View Post
    Can blu reliably stun the MBs on delve1, and what other debuffs will stick from blu spells?
    You can stun them up to 4 times or so, then they completely resist your stuns from BLU. What debuffs will stick on MB? I mainly just use frightful roar on the MB unless its shark then I don't bother since he erases them.

  3. #12623
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    432
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    So anyone who has done it care to comment more on the soloing outer raz? Is it just subduction all the things? Do you fight/avoid particular mobs or NMs?
    I would like to know more about this as well.

  4. #12624
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,034
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They have the same ftps per hit but TA has an extra hit... same amount of str mod and same amount for their other stat but TA is slightly easier to build for I think since it's dex vs the vit of QC.... by the stats of the spell TA should be decently better
    they're both four hits. TA's main benefit is (probably) higher D cap and potentially higher fTP scaling passed 0. also likely has a higher attack bonus

  5. #12625
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,037
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    they're both four hits. TA's main benefit is (probably) higher D cap and potentially higher fTP scaling passed 0. also likely has a higher attack bonus
    Ah didn't know bg wiki says 5 fold attack so I assumed...

  6. #12626
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,673
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Savage blade at 300% did massive damage like 8k, not sure about lower % but its probably the strongest sword ws at 300%.

  7. #12627
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,037
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Savage blade at 300% did massive damage like 8k, not sure about lower % but its probably the strongest sword ws at 300%.
    Looking back in the rehauled ws thread Expiacion looks even more beastly at 300%

  8. #12628

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Maybe gearing issues? Or not taking into account dmg types?

    They have the same ftps per hit but TA has an extra hit... same amount of str mod and same amount for their other stat but TA is slightly easier to build for I think since it's dex vs the vit of QC.... by the stats of the spell TA should be decently better
    Possibly. I have yet to dick around with the three in earnest. (Thrashing Assault, Quadratic Continuum, and Amorphic Spikes)
    Just been busy with other stuff.

    It's interesting to hear that Savage Blade got such a buff... Maybe SB>TA=Light won't be as terrible as I initially felt it would be.
    I'm just not a fan of the lack of CDC... What with having 8mil DEX on BLU... It feels like such a waste to NOT use it for CA.

    And, Notgreyheim: The only way you're LS isn't 100% full on asshole parade is if you have another job that no one else either has or is good at.
    (I'm stuck on WHM for the most part because the other ppl with good WHMs are needed for PLD or annihiRNG or w/e and the ones that aren't... Aren't very good at being WHM... L0L)
    But if you aren't covering a "staple" job and others can do it just as well as you, or if you're being forced on a DD like if you're getting forced on MNK.... Find better "friends."

  9. #12629
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    948
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Something interesting... it's likely a bug, but nonetheless something to look at while it lasts.

    Background: Doing Salvage, BR2. Accidentally went blu/sch because I was doing that for Nyzul, went with it, w/e. Get to Cerby, and I had a skillchain/burst combo planned out since my nuke set on blu is pretty decent for low-tier nukes and helixes. So for the fun of it, since I don't need my 1hr, I pop AL, and then do CDC -> Amorphic Spikes (had it set for TH) -> Darkness. I immediately went Alacrity -> Hydrohelix next to burst it. However, when I got my Magic Burst, something else interesting showed up in the log:

    [01:21:32]Kensagaku casts Hydrohelix.
    [01:21:32]Magic Burst!
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1264 points of damage.
    [01:21:32]Skillchain: Darkness.
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1567 points of damage.

    I wut'd hard and screenshotted it. But is it possible that Azure Lore is somehow adding skillchain elements to other spells? But if so, why would Hydrohelix make a double Darkness? The damage is accurate so... yay, random bug? I'll try and replicate it, but it would be interesting if AL would allow us to chain with other spells. Even though it makes no sense for a pure water spell to force a double Darkness...

    Screenshot, for proof (Sorry for no cropping! Forgot to do so. Spoiler'd):


  10. #12630
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23,037
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    AL + alacrity is Immanence on crack!?! That's awesome

  11. #12631
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    484
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Something interesting... it's likely a bug, but nonetheless something to look at while it lasts.

    Background: Doing Salvage, BR2. Accidentally went blu/sch because I was doing that for Nyzul, went with it, w/e. Get to Cerby, and I had a skillchain/burst combo planned out since my nuke set on blu is pretty decent for low-tier nukes and helixes. So for the fun of it, since I don't need my 1hr, I pop AL, and then do CDC -> Amorphic Spikes (had it set for TH) -> Darkness. I immediately went Alacrity -> Hydrohelix next to burst it. However, when I got my Magic Burst, something else interesting showed up in the log:

    [01:21:32]Kensagaku casts Hydrohelix.
    [01:21:32]Magic Burst!
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1264 points of damage.
    [01:21:32]Skillchain: Darkness.
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1567 points of damage.

    I wut'd hard and screenshotted it. But is it possible that Azure Lore is somehow adding skillchain elements to other spells? But if so, why would Hydrohelix make a double Darkness? The damage is accurate so... yay, random bug? I'll try and replicate it, but it would be interesting if AL would allow us to chain with other spells. Even though it makes no sense for a pure water spell to force a double Darkness...

    Screenshot, for proof (Sorry for no cropping! Forgot to do so. Spoiler'd):


    Just tried it out myself on an Uragnite- no alacrity or DA, so it's definitely Azure Lore's doing. Not sure if it works with other spells (yet...)

    Spoiler: show

  12. #12632
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    948
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Awesome, it's not just me. xD I'll have to test this to see if I can double Light with something like SB -> TA -> Ionohelix or something now.

  13. #12633
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    484
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Awesome, it's not just me. xD I'll have to test this to see if I can double Light with something like SB -> TA -> Ionohelix or something now.
    I'd almost say try it out with like, Stone or Aero 1- faster cast time and potentially multiple T3s if it's a really messed up mechanic.

  14. #12634
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    948
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Okay now that you said it I had to test it, and it's definitely broken... but in an odd way. xD



    For some reason, it didn't immediately re-dark, it bursted only. Out of habit I cast again to get a second burst, but instead it skillchained it to make a second darkness, allowing a second burst, and so on. I only got off a few casts before AL ended but... this is sorta hilarious.

  15. #12635
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,644
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Wonder if it works with blu magic damage spells too, could do light > subduction to test since it's fast. Also wonder if it's a bug with /sch only or just an AL bug and any sub like rdm or blm would work too.

  16. #12636
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    484
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Okay now that you said it I had to test it, and it's definitely broken... but in an odd way. xD



    For some reason, it didn't immediately re-dark, it bursted only. Out of habit I cast again to get a second burst, but instead it skillchained it to make a second darkness, allowing a second burst, and so on. I only got off a few casts before AL ended but... this is sorta hilarious.
    Awesome XD I kind of wish it was more broken... Have you tried it with magical blue spells yet? I don't think there are any available that cast as fast as stone for the same level of hilarity, but it'd be good to check. Could also be cool to see if /NIN does anything with the Ni wheel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Wonder if it works with blu magic damage spells too, could do light > subduction to test since it's fast. Also wonder if it's a bug with /sch only or just an AL bug and any sub like rdm or blm would work too.
    I'm thinking its just all black magic in general- I didn't have Dark Arts up when I tried it, so it (in theory) should be the same spell across all jobs. Who knows though. #Spaghetticode

  17. #12637
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    948
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I'll be trying Light -> Subduction after I get home from work. >.> I've got my daily salvage to run, and Khimy will be a fun guinea pig. I'll do double club to make it even more fun; Black Halo -> TA = Light -> Subduction spammage. If it continuous chains this will be awesome, lol. Bet it only lasts 'til the version update though.

  18. #12638
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,427
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I'm pretty sure subduction doesn't magic burst so it might not work.

  19. #12639
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,644
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    It just doesn't get bonus damage afaik.

  20. #12640
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,034
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    it can and it does, it doesn't get bonus WSC from burst affinity because it has no WSC. magic burst is a separate mechanic


This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.


Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. Best overall DEF down spell? (Blue Mage)
    By Yvonne in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-12-23, 20:48
  2. Blue Mage Compendium Thread
    By ½pint in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-06-29, 15:25
  3. Ninja is the best job ever.
    By Genosync in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 2005-07-08, 15:03
  4. Dragoon is the best job ever.
    By macbain24 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2005-07-06, 18:18