BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 632 of 649 FirstFirst ... 582 622 630 631 632 633 634 642 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    Anyone attempt to make a Savage Blade set and SC it with Thrashing Assault? I wonder how Savage Blade compares to CDC with the right set and perhaps slightly higher TP stored up, since its damage is TP based.
    CDC-> TA for fusion will in general be slightly stronger vs SB->TA, but REQ->QC for dark should be comparable to CDC-> TA (depends of att/def ratio as to which will be better)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by galka View Post
    Can blu reliably stun the MBs on delve1, and what other debuffs will stick from blu spells?
    You can stun them up to 4 times or so, then they completely resist your stuns from BLU. What debuffs will stick on MB? I mainly just use frightful roar on the MB unless its shark then I don't bother since he erases them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    So anyone who has done it care to comment more on the soloing outer raz? Is it just subduction all the things? Do you fight/avoid particular mobs or NMs?
    I would like to know more about this as well.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They have the same ftps per hit but TA has an extra hit... same amount of str mod and same amount for their other stat but TA is slightly easier to build for I think since it's dex vs the vit of QC.... by the stats of the spell TA should be decently better
    they're both four hits. TA's main benefit is (probably) higher D cap and potentially higher fTP scaling passed 0. also likely has a higher attack bonus

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    they're both four hits. TA's main benefit is (probably) higher D cap and potentially higher fTP scaling passed 0. also likely has a higher attack bonus
    Ah didn't know bg wiki says 5 fold attack so I assumed...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Savage blade at 300% did massive damage like 8k, not sure about lower % but its probably the strongest sword ws at 300%.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Savage blade at 300% did massive damage like 8k, not sure about lower % but its probably the strongest sword ws at 300%.
    Looking back in the rehauled ws thread Expiacion looks even more beastly at 300%

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Maybe gearing issues? Or not taking into account dmg types?

They have the same ftps per hit but TA has an extra hit... same amount of str mod and same amount for their other stat but TA is slightly easier to build for I think since it's dex vs the vit of QC.... by the stats of the spell TA should be decently better
    Possibly. I have yet to dick around with the three in earnest. (Thrashing Assault, Quadratic Continuum, and Amorphic Spikes)
    Just been busy with other stuff.

It's interesting to hear that Savage Blade got such a buff... Maybe SB>TA=Light won't be as terrible as I initially felt it would be.
    I'm just not a fan of the lack of CDC... What with having 8mil DEX on BLU... It feels like such a waste to NOT use it for CA.

And, Notgreyheim: The only way you're LS isn't 100% full on asshole parade is if you have another job that no one else either has or is good at.
    (I'm stuck on WHM for the most part because the other ppl with good WHMs are needed for PLD or annihiRNG or w/e and the ones that aren't... Aren't very good at being WHM... L0L)
    But if you aren't covering a "staple" job and others can do it just as well as you, or if you're being forced on a DD like if you're getting forced on MNK.... Find better "friends."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Something interesting... it's likely a bug, but nonetheless something to look at while it lasts.

Background: Doing Salvage, BR2. Accidentally went blu/sch because I was doing that for Nyzul, went with it, w/e. Get to Cerby, and I had a skillchain/burst combo planned out since my nuke set on blu is pretty decent for low-tier nukes and helixes. So for the fun of it, since I don't need my 1hr, I pop AL, and then do CDC -> Amorphic Spikes (had it set for TH) -> Darkness. I immediately went Alacrity -> Hydrohelix next to burst it. However, when I got my Magic Burst, something else interesting showed up in the log:

[01:21:32]Kensagaku casts Hydrohelix.
    [01:21:32]Magic Burst!
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1264 points of damage.
    [01:21:32]Skillchain: Darkness.
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1567 points of damage.

I wut'd hard and screenshotted it. But is it possible that Azure Lore is somehow adding skillchain elements to other spells? But if so, why would Hydrohelix make a double Darkness? The damage is accurate so... yay, random bug? I'll try and replicate it, but it would be interesting if AL would allow us to chain with other spells. Even though it makes no sense for a pure water spell to force a double Darkness...

Screenshot, for proof (Sorry for no cropping! Forgot to do so. Spoiler'd):

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

AL + alacrity is Immanence on crack!?! That's awesome

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Something interesting... it's likely a bug, but nonetheless something to look at while it lasts.

Background: Doing Salvage, BR2. Accidentally went blu/sch because I was doing that for Nyzul, went with it, w/e. Get to Cerby, and I had a skillchain/burst combo planned out since my nuke set on blu is pretty decent for low-tier nukes and helixes. So for the fun of it, since I don't need my 1hr, I pop AL, and then do CDC -> Amorphic Spikes (had it set for TH) -> Darkness. I immediately went Alacrity -> Hydrohelix next to burst it. However, when I got my Magic Burst, something else interesting showed up in the log:

[01:21:32]Kensagaku casts Hydrohelix.
    [01:21:32]Magic Burst!
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1264 points of damage.
    [01:21:32]Skillchain: Darkness.
    [01:21:32]Orthrus Seether takes 1567 points of damage.

I wut'd hard and screenshotted it. But is it possible that Azure Lore is somehow adding skillchain elements to other spells? But if so, why would Hydrohelix make a double Darkness? The damage is accurate so... yay, random bug? I'll try and replicate it, but it would be interesting if AL would allow us to chain with other spells. Even though it makes no sense for a pure water spell to force a double Darkness...

Screenshot, for proof (Sorry for no cropping! Forgot to do so. Spoiler'd):

Just tried it out myself on an Uragnite- no alacrity or DA, so it's definitely Azure Lore's doing. Not sure if it works with other spells (yet...)

Spoiler: show

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Awesome, it's not just me. xD I'll have to test this to see if I can double Light with something like SB -> TA -> Ionohelix or something now.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Awesome, it's not just me. xD I'll have to test this to see if I can double Light with something like SB -> TA -> Ionohelix or something now.
    I'd almost say try it out with like, Stone or Aero 1- faster cast time and potentially multiple T3s if it's a really messed up mechanic.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay now that you said it I had to test it, and it's definitely broken... but in an odd way. xD

For some reason, it didn't immediately re-dark, it bursted only. Out of habit I cast again to get a second burst, but instead it skillchained it to make a second darkness, allowing a second burst, and so on. I only got off a few casts before AL ended but... this is sorta hilarious.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Wonder if it works with blu magic damage spells too, could do light > subduction to test since it's fast. Also wonder if it's a bug with /sch only or just an AL bug and any sub like rdm or blm would work too.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Okay now that you said it I had to test it, and it's definitely broken... but in an odd way. xD

For some reason, it didn't immediately re-dark, it bursted only. Out of habit I cast again to get a second burst, but instead it skillchained it to make a second darkness, allowing a second burst, and so on. I only got off a few casts before AL ended but... this is sorta hilarious.
    Awesome XD I kind of wish it was more broken... Have you tried it with magical blue spells yet? I don't think there are any available that cast as fast as stone for the same level of hilarity, but it'd be good to check. Could also be cool to see if /NIN does anything with the Ni wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Wonder if it works with blu magic damage spells too, could do light > subduction to test since it's fast. Also wonder if it's a bug with /sch only or just an AL bug and any sub like rdm or blm would work too.
    I'm thinking its just all black magic in general- I didn't have Dark Arts up when I tried it, so it (in theory) should be the same spell across all jobs. Who knows though. #Spaghetticode

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll be trying Light -> Subduction after I get home from work. >.> I've got my daily salvage to run, and Khimy will be a fun guinea pig. I'll do double club to make it even more fun; Black Halo -> TA = Light -> Subduction spammage. If it continuous chains this will be awesome, lol. Bet it only lasts 'til the version update though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm pretty sure subduction doesn't magic burst so it might not work.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It just doesn't get bonus damage afaik.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it can and it does, it doesn't get bonus WSC from burst affinity because it has no WSC. magic burst is a separate mechanic