+ Reply to Thread
Page 644 of 649 FirstFirst ... 594 634 642 643 644 645 646 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Never did any testing on it though I've always been operating under the assumption that chain affinity TP bonus and efflux TP bonus don't stack since it would create complications that SE was prolly too lazy to work around
    They could just make a gas powered Efflux that never ran out of gas.

Is there any random BLU information that is lacking in places I can add? Just off the top of your head.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

dunno, not completely familiar with the wiki pages but probably not. i've posted most of it at one time or another over the years.

Please use Tenebral Crush instead of Sweeping Gouge.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gaztastic View Post
    Please use Tenebral Crush instead of Sweeping Gouge.
    Who is this to? Why?

Lacks a bit of context. Sometimes I only set Sweeping, personally. A lot of times I don't even have a defense down spell set.

I didn't even realize he deleted his post. Well then.

Somebody made a post talking about all the spells BLUs NEED to have set at all times, and what gear to use for it. He advocated using Sweeping Gouge at all times and saying that it was our best defense down, it's why groups bring us, yada yada. So I made that post correcting his statement. I did not expect him to delete his comment because of that, but there ya go.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

prolly got his account deleted or something. made a lot of posts in a short span of time

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    prolly got his account deleted or something. made a lot of posts in a short span of time
    Yeah, guess I missed whoever that was.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

which is better on main/offhand? Tizona/Almace or Almace/Tizona......and why?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Radyyn View Post
    Same question for Almace and Sequence!

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Radyyn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nayaminfenrir View Post
    Same question for Almace and Sequence!
    Assuming accuracy is capped:
    To the best of my knowledge:

Tizona/Almace should be the superior combo during fights that last more than a couple of minutes. That, and if you need MP, say to spam white wind because there is no (good) healer or something. Expiacion is a little better than Savage Blade with Tizona equipped, and depending on what you are doing may be something you want to use over CDC. Say, amnesia will be coming on for a few moments during a fight, people are using AoE TP wings on the pt, tp overflow, etc.

Almace/Seq or Colada should be superior when either accuracy is needed (in the case of Colada) or you are entering a shorter fight than for Tizona. It is pretty close to the DPS of Tizona/Almace unless you are skill chaining to pull Tizona even further ahead.

Sequence/Colada will be superior when spamming savage blade (say, on fights where you don't want to skillchain (or are getting extra TP, etc) Maju, Onychophora, etc) or for very short fights like Leviathan VD spam, farming salvage, running around skirmish, etc where AM from Tizona or Almace really isn't making a big impact due to the downtime. Starting out with 3,000 TP does set things back in favor for Almace though I would assume.
    Anyone is free to mess around in the spreadsheet for BLU. It needs to be fixed up a bit, but it works for the most part.

Seq is the easiest to obtain, and superior to Tang +1 from Sarama for any WS so many BLUs just use it anyway. A super colada will be a better offhand for Almace though regardless of accuracy.

There are things to take into consideration too like crit defense bonus on NMs (Kouryu, WoC), the strength of your CDC vs Savage Blade sets (easier to gear CDC) , your buffs, etc

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Debating whether to pick up blu or drk for melee dps. Any advice on both jobs in current version of the game?

Other options are sch or bst

Thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

BLU is still an all-around strong and versatile job, but its relative position compared to other DDs has shifted somewhat. There was a stretch where it was a prime choice basically whenever you wanted physical damage as few others can reach the accuracy levels it can. However, they nerfed mob AGI/etc, bringing necessary accuracy down, and boosted other jobs...so while BLU wasn't nerfed, heavy DDs particularly tend to shine more in an organized, full buff type setup. With as self-reliant as BLU is, it remains excellent for solo, lowman, or pickup type scenarios where support may be inconsistent. I'd say it'd depend a fair bit on what you want to use whatever job you level for.

SCH and BST are a bit more niche than they were. SCH is still invaluable for setting up SCs from the backline, but that strategy is less common now. BST had the range nerf (have to be close to your pet to do Sic/Ready now), creating more risk. It's still usable, but the BST needs to at least dip into AoE range.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BLUs position has not significantly changed in many years now, IMO.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ryan/Proth, Can you guys give your opinion on the state of Blu Weapons with current augments. I'm of the opinion Tizona > all. That said I think Almace can still shine in short escha fights where mobs die in literal seconds. Sequence obviously still useful for Maju and his ilk.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ricon View Post
    Ryan/Proth, Can you guys give your opinion on the state of Blu Weapons with current augments. I'm of the opinion Tizona > all. That said I think Almace can still shine in short escha fights where mobs die in literal seconds. Sequence obviously still useful for Maju and his ilk.
    Well, considering the game didn't get any harder it arguably wouldn't matter if you changed tactics.
    I haven't put time into it, but in a purely observational capacity, as long as you are using CDC then I would expect an augmented Almace will be the boss bitch. Sequence will always be "good enough" for any BLU that doesn't want to sink their time into making Almace or Tizona, but ones that do will stand out a bit more now. Otherwise, there is always a situation for each of the weapons.
    As for the gap between each of them, there is a good bit of conjecture involved. However, things do seem partial to Almace from a glance where before it was Tizona in the right situations. While both obviously widened their gap with Sequence.

Almace and Tizona already weren't worlds apart or anything before, are not now either, but I get the feeling that the gap is wider than it was before. Which, if true would relegate Tizona to more clearly defined roles without contending with notions such as, "WELL, IF YOU ARE SCing THEN THAT IS BETTER WITH TIZONA!" If my feelings on this matter are incorrect then at worst Tizona would barely be the better option (MP aside).
    Considering the lack of new gear for BLU the augments are the biggest boost we have had in awhile. Don't expect much, if anything, from Empyrean Armor reforge either.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What ambuscade gear should I focus on upgrading asap?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    It may depend on what other jobs you're building up and what other gear you have (or can readily get). Both armor sets are pretty useful overall.

Jhakri I would say hands first. The WSD on them almost guarantees them a place (Dark Matter Herculean augments are always a possibility). The crown is likely in a similar place for nuking - not much will compete with it for potency. Other pieces can be good, but the downsides of this set (mediocre defense, very little Haste, etc) tend to steer people to other options in the long term. I'd still collect it all though, as it's great for filling in gaps for offensive stats, and the weaknesses are less of an issue on the backline if using it on other jobs.

Ayanmo tends to be more the convenient way to collect a DT/Hybrid set. For BLU, the place to start is the body. Really, if your only consideration of the jobs listed there is BLU, you can probably end there too as augmenting Herculean for other slots can potentially be better (-4% DT is possible, and hands/legs/feet have -2% PDT to start).
    That being said, the legs are an excellent overall Haste/Fast Cast item, and the set as a whole is one of the best (reasonable) TP set options for WHM and BRD, if not RDM as well. So it'd really depend on what else you play, and how inclined you are to play the augmenting game. If you do more, I'd do legs second, and then target whatever your weaker options in your applicable sets are.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Ayanmo body and legs.

Jhakri body and hands, and the rest of the set can be used for nuking until amalric +1/herc head with great augment.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Blue magic cures purely based on Blue Magic skill? Or is there any MND involved?

MND is involved with Magic Fruit since that's the one you'll probably be most commonly using if you have a heal set. White Wind is actually modified by max HP. Both are affected by cure potency. Plenilune Embrace isn't worth using, imo, and Wild Carrot will obviously be replaced by MF once you've leveled enough.