BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 644 of 644 FirstFirst ... 594 634 642 643 644
    i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Never did any testing on it though I've always been operating under the assumption that chain affinity TP bonus and efflux TP bonus don't stack since it would create complications that SE was prolly too lazy to work around
    They could just make a gas powered Efflux that never ran out of gas.

Is there any random BLU information that is lacking in places I can add? Just off the top of your head.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

dunno, not completely familiar with the wiki pages but probably not. i've posted most of it at one time or another over the years.

Please use Tenebral Crush instead of Sweeping Gouge.

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gaztastic View Post
    Please use Tenebral Crush instead of Sweeping Gouge.
    Who is this to? Why?

Lacks a bit of context. Sometimes I only set Sweeping, personally. A lot of times I don't even have a defense down spell set.

I didn't even realize he deleted his post. Well then.

Somebody made a post talking about all the spells BLUs NEED to have set at all times, and what gear to use for it. He advocated using Sweeping Gouge at all times and saying that it was our best defense down, it's why groups bring us, yada yada. So I made that post correcting his statement. I did not expect him to delete his comment because of that, but there ya go.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

prolly got his account deleted or something. made a lot of posts in a short span of time

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    prolly got his account deleted or something. made a lot of posts in a short span of time
    Yeah, guess I missed whoever that was.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

which is better on main/offhand? Tizona/Almace or Almace/Tizona......and why?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Radyyn View Post
    Same question for Almace and Sequence!

i should really shut up
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Radyyn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nayaminfenrir View Post
    Same question for Almace and Sequence!
    Assuming accuracy is capped:
    To the best of my knowledge:

Tizona/Almace should be the superior combo during fights that last more than a couple of minutes. That, and if you need MP, say to spam white wind because there is no (good) healer or something. Expiacion is a little better than Savage Blade with Tizona equipped, and depending on what you are doing may be something you want to use over CDC. Say, amnesia will be coming on for a few moments during a fight, people are using AoE TP wings on the pt, tp overflow, etc.

Almace/Seq or Colada should be superior when either accuracy is needed (in the case of Colada) or you are entering a shorter fight than for Tizona. It is pretty close to the DPS of Tizona/Almace unless you are skill chaining to pull Tizona even further ahead.

Sequence/Almace or Colada should be superior when spamming savage blade (say, on fights where you don't want to skillchain (or are getting extra TP) Maju, Onychophora, etc) or for very short fights like Leviathan VD spam, farming salvage, running around skirmish, etc where AM from Almace really isn't making a big impact. Starting out with 3,000 TP does set things back in favor for Almace though I would assume.
    Anyone is free to mess around in the spreadsheet for BLU. It needs to be fixed up a bit, but it works for the most part.

Seq is the easiest to obtain, and superior to Tang +1 from Sarama so many BLUs just use it anyway. A super colada can be a better offhand for Almace though regardless of accuracy.

There are things to take into consideration too like crit defense bonus on NMs (Kouryu, WoC), the strength of your CDC vs Savage Blade sets (easier to gear CDC) , your buffs, etc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag