Page 3 of 649 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    If you had access to all of them at the same time, you'd be the equivalent of BRDBLMWARSMNMNKDRKNINWHMRDM75.

Get the point?
    But how do you NOT have access to them all if you can set them on the field...
    1 minute cooldown on all spells when you change them.
    THANK YOU. Gawd was that really so hard to say

Not sure if this was posted but its kind of a glitch....if you use your 2hr once the mob uses the spell your after and you kill it your chances increase greatly for learning the spell. I have done this twice tonight and got sandspin & pollen out of it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

About subbing BLU, i did BLM75/BLU10 with no gear on and i still got a 50% defense bonus.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Toadicus
    About subbing BLU, i did BLM75/BLU10 with no gear on and i still got a 50% defense bonus.
    This could make for some insane PLD/BLU solo action, or even RDM/BLU.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Is it just me or is BLU 2hr completely worthless? I can't what it's supposed to do. Spells don't do more damage, they don't get resisted less, so what the fuck does it even do?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Not real sure. Only one time I've used it have i noticed a difference in damage. The rest, it was gayer than aids.

EDIT: Speaking of gay... learning Healing Breeze is a freaking pain. Solo'd two levels off these Dhalmals and haven't learned it yet.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Perhaps the BLU 2 hour increases the ammount of time an effect of a spell (such as Stun with Head Butt) lasts. I'm not sure, i'll have to test it out later.

A. Body
    BG Level

anyone know if you can learn the spell if it was used on another person in your party?

so far for me, the 2HR used right after the mob WS, and killing the monster fast will make rate to learn that spell go WAY up. (^_^) 2/3 on learning new spells using my 2hr after the monster did it's WS.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by noremorse
    so far for me, the 2HR used right after the mob WS, and killing the monster fast will make rate to learn that spell go WAY up. (^_^) 2/3 on learning new spells using my 2hr after the monster did it's WS.
    Hmm, never though of that... though "LORE" in the 2 hour name sort of helps.

Only problem with that is.... its 2 hour :\ can't use it whenever u gonna get a new spell.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    What stat (do you think/are sure) BLU uses for it's spells? Mulitple? INT? CHR? MND?
    Anyone know the answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    anyone know if you can learn the spell if it was used on another person in your party?
    my friend and i went around all the craigs learning new spells and 90% of the time the mob would use it's ability on him, but i was able to learn it just the same

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara
    Quote Originally Posted by GRT
    my friend and i went around all the craigs learning new spells and 90% of the time the mob would use it's ability on him, but i was able to learn it just the same
    JP button?[/b]

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have been trying a few tests so far on BLU, and here are a few things that I've been able to note:

- One very important thing that (at least to my knowledge) has not been mentioned is TP EFFECT ON PHYSICAL BLUE MAGIC. If you will notice in your magic spell list, and read the descriptions, it clearly notes that TP effects the damage output. Most BLUs that have asked my questions about the job seem to have overlooked this.

What does this mean? It seems that in order to be most effective as a BLU, you must have a constant TP build. I have done tests with increments of 50% TP from 0-300%, and there is clearly an effect.

Basically, BLU doesn't seem to have been intended to be a sit-back-and-cast-your-magic-type job.

- Sub-jobs. I have mainly been playing as BLU/WAR. And so far it has been very effective for TP gain, WS, and overall kill-time-advantages on a mob. I plan on testing more as /WHM, /SMN, and /NIN. So far, I've been unable to discern a clear benefit with boosted stats on MND and INT on spells. There is a possibility that there is a clear link with MND and our BLU buffs and INT on the BLU attacks, but at least from my tests, it's not clear yet.

- Beast killer effect. Yes, I also had this as a Job Trait (I underlined Trait because I think for those of you that couldn't find it, wasn't looking in your trait category) at level 10. And yes, with the corresponding mob type, I was able to intimidite quite a few times.

- Finally, BLU spell-damage on IT mobs. So far, I've been a little disappointed here, making me want to look further into the clear possibility that we're missing something here. If any of you guys have some clear feedback in this regards, I'd be interested in that read. But to be perfectly honest, the most I seem to find (in terms of consistency on IT mobs) is 200%TP is optimal for low resist rate.

That's about it so far...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

what kinda damage are you talking???

iirc good nukes in the dunes are only like 20-30 dmg anyway.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Topheroo
    What does this mean? It seems that in order to be most effective as a BLU, you must have a constant TP build. I have done tests with increments of 50% TP from 0-300%, and there is clearly an effect.
    Hence the A weapons rating

seriously
    Beast killer effect. Yes, I also had this as a Job Trait (I underlined Trait because I think for those of you that couldn't find it, wasn't looking in your trait category) at level 10. And yes, with the corresponding mob type, I was able to intimidite quite a few times.
    Just going to comment on this quickly, the guy that started the thread has like 6 75's and is one of the smartest FFXIers I know. If he said he didn't have Beast Killer at 18 (and further supposed it could be from gear and/or chosen set spells), then I would allow for that to be a possibility.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't get it, you need to hold onto 300% TP for BLU spells? They dont use TP so just get to 300 and spam them or something?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lol.

Ok, first, wasn't trying to come out and make someone look dumb. That is not my intention whatsoever.

Second, I'll try adding various vermin killers and beastmen killer spells and taking them out and seeing if that has an effect on the Beast Killer job trait. I haven't tried all of the combonations, but so far I've had the trait every single time.

Third, if you will notice in the thread as well as other forums, that BLU (in their opinion) should be a caster only job. And I was simply pointing out that this is clearly wrong. And yes, exactly, hence the A- in sword. And noone until now in this thread has mentioned TP build, therefore I felt the need to point it out.

*edit* Kuno, I've done some testing there also. And I can't seem to get a clear conclusion. I've sat on my 300% TP before, but then after moving on to the next mob, I noticed a decrease in the damage output by BLU spell again. So, it's a little odd to me atm. Is it possible that the TP must be built per mob? I don't know...need to test more

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

np, and I agree that BLU may want to melee (similar to my opinion on corsairs) if their main duties doesn't keep them overly busy.

SE already said they are looking to make more incentive for SMN to avatar-melee (all they'd have to do is make TP affect more than nukes), so the same may be desired for the new jobs as well

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Don't think anyone mentioned this yet but Beast Killer you guys are all getting is only from equipping Wild Oats, that's why it's a crappy 3 set points while the rest are 1-2.

I thought TP only had an effect when using Chain Affinity JA, but has anyone noticed a difference between 0 and 100 TP? Not being able to cast physical spells until you're in melee range pretty much screams "BLU should melee" too.