BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 649 of 649 FirstFirst ... 599 639 647 648 649
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Frogs link, but will require better gear since they don't take as much damage from magic or spectral floe.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah frog links, but still means you have to tag one to let them link. I can slaughter them no problem lulz, problem is more finding the area clean, there's always people, or bots, or whatever it is, making it very unefficient.
    Which is a shame, it's a nice camp

I fear this is more a matter of Asura being overpopulated though, so probably there is no "solution" to that problem, other than me swapping server which I obviously won't do.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

When I was capping blu jp, I mostly did the reis area with boars/porxies/chigoes + skeletons/demon head things at night. A lot of spawns, and IIRC everything aggroed. Rarely any competition there, but I wasn't on asura.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Point is, there are a lot of spots. The most basic/Escha ones tend to be competed for on the one good server though.

Not so much for the old CP burn spots before Apex existed. From the ??? warps in Adoulin, no one goes to those anymore. I have a few in my super shitty guide. Bats in Woh, Leeches and stuff in Sih, even Acuex, Umbrals, and Dullahans in Moh.

Campaign
    BG Level

I trust you that those spots are mostly free on Asura too. But my point is that I wanna do Escha kills mostly for the "escha kill # total", XP/CP is cool but it's icing on the cake...
    I'll try that spot fantastic, thanks!

Campaign
    BG Level

Tested the long way that connects #5 to #3 and there's a lot of stuff there, the majority of which aggroes and link.
    Especially at night it's like heaven <3 Even on a server like Asura can always find stuff to pull and kill.

In the end I decided to stop my little project though. I'm a bit under 40k kills, next objectives for me would be 50k kills, 75k kills and 110k kills.
    No way I'm ever reaching that, it would take weeks of mindless grinding.
    Maybe I'll manage to reach 50k, maybe, but I doubt that as well honestly. 10k kills is a lot, never bothered to calculate how many monsters per hour I kill but I bet it would take me a whole lot more work than I can accept.

Regardless, thanks for the tips guys, they were effective!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's a spot in Reisenjima down the river from #5 that's filled with tons of bugs. Ladybugs aggro during day, Lucani aggro/spawn at night and mantises always aggro, and a few Chiggoe that also aggro. Frogs in the river if you run out of mobs.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, the new hands and body from the upcoming Lilith HTBF.

Marignos Gloves (Hands)

DEF 108, HP+57, MP+36, STR+25, DEX+56
    VIT+32, AGI+24, INT+11, MND+42, CHR+21
    Accuracy+50, Ranged Accuracy+50, Magic Accuracy+50,
    Evasion+80, Magic Evasion+112
    Magic Def Bonus+4, Haste+4%, Store TP+12
    Physical Damage Limit+4%, Damage Taken-5%

Marignos Tabard (Body)

DEF 143, HP+68, MP+44, STR+19, DEX+49
    VIT+25, AGI+42, INT+19, MND+24, CHR+24
    Accuracy+50, Ranged Accuracy+50, Magic Accuracy+50,
    Evasion+102, Magic Evasion+139
    Magic Def Bonus+8, Haste+6%, Store TP+11
    Physical Damage Limit+6%, Damage Taken-9%

Without accounting for PDL, it would seem to me that the hands are a win for Tizona AM, and a loss for AM down/other weapons as well.

The body, not so much, but it replaces Ayanmo +2. While we are at it, it kills the damn Pinga Tunic too, oh man, thank you.

The most important usage of these pieces in my eyes is the Magic Evasion. Combined with DT and physical stats. It is a solid and sorely needed boost to proper damage mitigation sets.
    Those Odin DT pieces for the heavy DDs were a huge deal IMO. This is the lesser equivalent response by SE to keep barance, but at least it is still a valuable bone.

The hands are the much better piece out of the two. As they are a great hybrid piece, and the body is not fit for a hybrid set at all.