FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Anyone find where "BlastBomb" comes from? I was thinkiing orcish warmachine but I don't remember it doing any form of "bind additional effect"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Can learn BLU spells you can use 10 levels max above you
    Learned sheep song at level 6 :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Topheroo
    Kuno, I've done some testing there also. And I can't seem to get a clear conclusion. I've sat on my 300% TP before, but then after moving on to the next mob, I noticed a decrease in the damage output by BLU spell again. So, it's a little odd to me atm. Is it possible that the TP must be built per mob? I don't know...need to test more
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo
    I thought TP only had an effect when using Chain Affinity JA, but has anyone noticed a difference between 0 and 100 TP? Not being able to cast physical spells until you're in melee range pretty much screams "BLU should melee" too.
    Yes, TP only matters at level 40+ when using Chain Affinity, which allows your next physical Blue Magic spell to skillchain (and allows TP to affect it). The rest of the time, TP means nothing, so don't worry about losing it, or meleeing for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsent
    Of course, Ronfaure sheep are still giving you xp. They're what, DC-T at that level? I forget. Now, go fight a Terrigan rabbit (with the help of a level 75), you'll never learn Foot Kick since its too high for you. You'll need to learn Foot Kick from a Ronfaure rabbit at your level.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone considered the possible endgame uses of Light of Penance? Obviously wouldnt do much to mobs that have unlimited tp/ignore tp rules but if it works exactly the tonberry attack does it could be quite effective on certain things.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

There is a very badly typed/spelled post on Alla with a guy claiming that he subbed blue mage, and used divine seal on WHM main, and Pollen stacked.

Then thinking to try something else, he went THF/BLU and used sneak attack and foot kick, which stacked.

There are also claims somewhere around these forums that tp does in fact affect physical skills without chain affinity. Can someone confirm this? with actual proof and not, "well actually: kid" logic?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Kuno, I've done some testing there also. And I can't seem to get a clear conclusion. I've sat on my 300% TP before, but then after moving on to the next mob, I noticed a decrease in the damage output by BLU spell again. So, it's a little odd to me atm. Is it possible that the TP must be built per mob? I don't know...need to test more
    I thought TP only had an effect when using Chain Affinity JA, but has anyone noticed a difference between 0 and 100 TP? Not being able to cast physical spells until you're in melee range pretty much screams "BLU should melee" too.
    Yes, TP only matters at level 40+ when using Chain Affinity, which allows your next physical Blue Magic spell to skillchain (and allows TP to affect it). The rest of the time, TP means nothing, so don't worry about losing it, or meleeing for that matter.

Of course, Ronfaure sheep are still giving you xp. They're what, DC-T at that level? I forget. Now, go fight a Terrigan rabbit (with the help of a level 75), you'll never learn Foot Kick since its too high for you. You'll need to learn Foot Kick from a Ronfaure rabbit at your level.
    Bats gave me xp and used jetstream but i didn't learn it so assuming you can learn magic 10 levels above you and thats all

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin

Bats gave me xp and used jetstream but i didn't learn it so assuming you can learn magic 10 levels above you and thats all
    Then you were just unlucky, because if the bats are giving you xp, then its within your level. Unless you mean the bats gave you capped xp and are IT+++. But if the level range really is 10 levels, then for any particular blue magic spell you want to learn, you'll just have to find a mob within that 10 level range that uses it. In the case of Jet Stream, if you were trying to get it from a bat 10 levels above you, go try to get it from a bat your own level and maybe you'll have better luck.

Though you won't be able to use Jet Stream for several levels yet, at least you can learn it as long as you're within the appropriate level range of the mob. Like Bomb Toss. You can't use it until 28, but you should be able to learn it from any goblin within that 10 level range, like the ones in the starter regions.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

(forgive me if this is olde news)
    locus just found out that setting Healing Breeze +(AND/OR?) Sheep Song gives you Auto-Regen trait.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/blue.m ... raits.html

Though you won't be able to use Jet Stream for several levels yet, at least you can learn it as long as you're within the appropriate level range of the mob. Like Bomb Toss. You can't use it until 28, but you should be able to learn it from any goblin within that 10 level range, like the ones in the starter regions.
    Wrong. I fought probably 100+ goblins, and ate as many Bomb Tosses. Not until I hit 18+ did I learn Bomb Toss. Its 10 levels below the ABILITYs level, not the level of the mob. Trust me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Wrong. I fought probably 100+ goblins, and ate as many Bomb Tosses. Not until I hit 18+ did I learn Bomb Toss. Its 10 levels below the ABILITYs level, not the level of the mob. Trust me.
    Hm, is there a level range restriction on the mob itself that you learn it from? How high or low? Or just the ability.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by neighbortaru
    (forgive me if this is olde news)
    locus just found out that setting Healing Breeze +(AND/OR?) Sheep Song gives you Auto-Regen trait.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/blue.m ... raits.html
    It has to be Healing Breeze+Sheep Song.
    No other two spells give you that effect that I've learned this far@23 ; ;

I think it's nifty how you get the killer effects with two spells equipped :D
    I can intimdate beastly lizards now (*'-')b

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Some more messing around with Cocoon, we had a WAR gear up, throw on defender, sub BLU and cast Cocoon... still 50% increase. Gogo PLD/BLU

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toadicus
    Some more messing around with Cocoon, we had a WAR gear up, throw on defender, sub BLU and cast Cocoon... still 50% increase. Gogo PLD/BLU
    lol I see a nerf coming.

taco + defender + cocoon. no protect.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadicus
    lol I see a nerf coming.

taco + defender + cocoon. no protect.
    YES! I've been waiting for someone to try this. That is downright awesome.

Update: Ignore the Magic Defense Bonus...I just dinged and have WHM sub. >.>

Also, question. Any input on what you think is the reason for abilities just straight up having no affect? From what I've seen its a combination of the mobs level (ITs resist alot more then Ts) and possibly also the monster tree being a big factor too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Also, question. Any input on what you think is the reason for abilities just straight up having no affect? From what I've seen its a combination of the mobs level (ITs resist alot more then Ts) and possibly also the monster tree being a big factor too.
    I think a lot of the time it says no effect, it's not a resist but a strait up miss, at least for physical spells. While having an accuracy down debuff on me, I'll get that message more and same with using over sword. I haven't been using many of the magical ones to notice high resist rates yet.

Re: Blue Mage: Job Findings

I figure we could start up a topic for BLU only, including all of the new things we've learned about the job. Basically a compilation of good levels to get specific abilities, a list of all of the abilities and where they can be obtained, and any little things that you can find on the job.

A HUGE finding me and my friend discovered, apparently if you use an ability that is strong against the mob (Plantoid > Vermin) you get that killer affect against the mob. He was using Sprout Smack and Wild Oats and intimidating the Rabbits. Now Im assuming it was the actual use of the ability that added that, perhaps it was just equipping it in one of the slots, not so sure about that. One thing is sure, BLU can intimidate in some shape or form.

One other thing I think we should look on, is how exactly abilities are obtained, whats the minimum level you need to be in order to learn it, if a mob needs to be EP. So far I've gotten an ability 5 levels above mine, which means we can go from there and see if 6+ level abilities can be obtained.

Note to others...MANY abilities are next to impossible to get triggered. I sat through 50 Pollens before I got it, sat through more then 50 Sheep Songs and still dont have it. It's like getting a fucking drop off an HNM, I just hope the higher level mobs arent even worse.

Ok well just post any findings here, I think we can get a nice list going.

It appears to me from what i have learned and tested so far(14blu) you learn the ability you are going for if you just grab an EP and back tank it when it has 5% or less hp left and wait for him to use the move on you and kill him in the next blow before he attacks again. Can you learn the the blue magic(ability) of the opponent? More than likly yes you cant this is just what i have tested. Although i did not learn the desired move each time i did this it seemed to be pretty high rate of learning though, id say 60% but i didnt keep a record of when i learned to not learn. But i will not rule out the possiblity of it being just completly random luck due to the fact that i learned Metellic Body by running to a friend who was trying for the ability accepted an invite and all of a sudden in yellow in my chat box it said you learn"metellic body". But for the most part everytime i went to learn an ability and did the back tank it until it used the ability i wanted and killed it before he could swing again.

hopefull this helps some.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

if you can't learn from NMs, you can't get Bludgeon at 75. Highest normal cardian is 44 (Ten of Spades etc...).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have to wonder if SE did that on purpose or just goofed Dezzimal.

A linkshell member of mine said that when he capped his blue magic skill he noticed that his learning rate increased, can anyone confirm this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 649 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast