+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Every person I meet IRL that plays this game...

Whenever I ask them

Oh, do you visit any game forums?

Yeah, allakhazam and killingifrit

wtf?

Today I saw this dude in best buy, I asked Have you heard of theorderls.com?

He said "Yeah but that place isn't any better then KI"

wtf?

What are we, as a community, doing wrong.

Seriously...

New Merits
    BG Level

lol 'meat'

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Every person I meat IRL that plays this game...

"Yeah but that place isn't any better then KI"
    QFT. This board just loads faster.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oops, i just woke up now and i'm thinking of cooking some pork chops so the thought was in my head

thx for pointing that out.

wtf?

mpk?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, he might have just not been high level...

But there are other wierd things about this forum. For one, its a LS forum and NOT a community forum. As much as it seems otherwise, it is, has been, and always will be true. This automatically makes certain people's opinions matter the most, and instead of purely post quality, the fact that they're in BG is what matters so much. Its gotten better in this regard but its most definately still an issue. Then theres also the fact that a lot of people are scared to post on here unless its to brag about something or post something new. I mean look at the view/reply ratio on here, its not normal by any stretch.

Its just a very wierd dynamic for a forum.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

i appoint Zigma Minister of Propaganda for BG forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin

But there are other wierd things about this forum. For one, its a LS forum and NOT a community forum. As much as it seems otherwise, it is, has been, and always will be true. This automatically makes certain people's opinions matter the most, and instead of purely post quality, the fact that they're in BG is what matters so much. Its gotten better in this regard but its most definately still an issue. Then theres also the fact that a lot of people are scared to post on here unless its to brag about something or post something new. I mean look at the view/reply ratio on here, its not normal by any stretch.

and then there's also the fact that if you don't know what you're talking about, you get told to GTFO, like this...

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9463/gtfo5we.jpg

Ninja Edit: Changed the image, it's cool now 8)

This IS the endgame community site, period. Doesn't matter if it's a single ls website, the players across all servers that post here have made this the most influential endgame site around. Hell, the fact that you get 30 page threads about Nidhogg drama on a different server every other week is proof enough this is no mere linkshell board.

Sure, certain people's thoughts carry more weight than others...but if this was a neutral site, those same people would more likely than not command the same amount of respect.

So yes, this site is loads better than alla or KI, and it's the first and only place you should ever go for endgame FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    first and only place you should ever go for endgame FFXI.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Personally I never used these forums until a few months ago because I never knew that it existed. Look up 'ffxi' on google and good luck finding theorderls.com in the results. I don't even remember how I stumbled upon these forums and I don't even go to Allakhazam anymore. I also never went to KI (page 3 on google search lol).
    a lot of people are scared to post on here
    It was true for me, hence I only started posting much a few days ago (good timing too... I should be studying for finals but instead I'm pissing time away writing this post lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    He said "Yeah but that place isn't any better then KI"
    Only other site I go to is mystertour for recipies, and thats the only reason I could see him saying that. You should have bopped him on the head or something.

How does it feel to be 1 of the reasons these boards are getting a bad name?

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

post gaysex post gaygaygay post tarugay

see? my posts dont mean anything, nor hold weight

~

Zigma i talked to a guy at an FYE yesterday, and i dunno what got him started, but somehow he geeked me into a conversation about Guildwars, Oblivion, Everquest, DDO? and (not enough) ffxi

he didnt remember what level/race/job/nation he was, much less knew about the forums~

I was all excited to wait in lines for ToAU with ffxi people of all sorts, just knowing that nobody would recognize me (*'-')... too bad all the lines that happened earlier in the day resulted in 0 ToAU for me;;;;;;;;

Oh well, i hope to get it soon so i can play ffxi again (*'3')

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Twentytwo Obv
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

since im such an avid ffxi, zigma i just think its been that there has been little to no good content in the game as of late for any worthy posts, but its getting better with the expansion it seems, just my 11.345 cents

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If this expansion does not turn the gears then i'll continue doing what i've been doing lately and finish getting my warrior to 60 on wow (53 atm ;D)

I've only been logging on to LS events and to chat.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Screw the expansion. Get lv.60.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Screw lvl 60. Get the expansion.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

letting my resting exp fill up ;3

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

zigma, what server are you on? horde/alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    If this expansion does not turn the gears then i'll continue doing what i've been doing lately and finish getting my warrior to 60 on wow (53 atm ;D)
    You must hurry lower level one. Before warriors fall more to the nerf and any in greens/blues become nothing more but harmless dust to the enemies they encounter.

Honestly, I started leveling a Horde warrior and got some of the best things I could for her on the AH and grinding is still horrible. One add = doom.